X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ bravo, perfect and to the point.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• YANOULI
      Part-Time Timelord
      • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by AJ Collector

Even now as I read people thanking him for getting thier orders a year later, are they really thanking him or just happy that they were not ripped off!
      I thanked him for fulfilling his side of things and not ripping me off.
      " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• GUYx1
        FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
        • Apr 20, 2005

Has anyone received an order lately? I keep looking to my mailbox for the 2007 order he said was shipping a couple months ago...

One day my parts will come...
        Cheers,
        Guyx1

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
          w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
          • Sep 17, 2008

WOW! And to think I almost order some stuff from him right before his store site vanished. Very glad I didn't cuz I don't take being mistreated or disrespected well AT ALL! And I won't even go into how I take being ripped off!
          It's really a shame too when you think back to the beautiful items he had for sale and how professional it all seemed. It's really just such a shame.
          MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
            • Oct 8, 2007

I was standing in the breadline today thinking to myself, I haven't gotten my order yet.

Anybody else gotten anything lately, or has he sent just enough out to quiet people down?
            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Edgaar
              Museum Patron
              • Dec 7, 2007

not here - was kinda thinking the same thing - but hoping not
              Edgaar
              Delaware (no really... Delaware)

* Not sure where I'm going - but I'm pretty sure where I've been....
              * not mego - but my customs - http://www.toymania.com/custom/Galle...ar/edgaar1.htm

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by GUYx1
                Has anyone received an order lately? I keep looking to my mailbox for the 2007 order he said was shipping a couple months ago...

One day my parts will come...
                Man, you let him string you along for two years??
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• GUYx1
                  FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                  • Apr 20, 2005

Generally Russ has a history of filling enough orders to quiet people down, then he starts doing his own thing. I would assume it would be even worse if he has fallen upon hard times. If such is the case, we are all out of luck
                  and this is all pointless.

It would always be frustrating seing NEW items for sale in short runs, when my stuff was never being sent.
                  I see the same thing happening at one of the Mego Style figure companies, so i don't expect this sort of thing to end soon.
                  Paying for preorders, then new items show up, but the preorders are nowhere in sight.
                  People are still freaking out about Russ heads they missed out on, so even losing $200 is not enough to deter people.
                  I have learned, that if you REALLY want it, you pay and keep both fingers crossed.
                  If you want something, you throw down the money. Maybe you'll get it, maybe you won't. Just like ebay. You can win an auction, you can pay for the auction. Still doesn't mean you will actually receive the item.
                  I just had one auction item rarity that was "LOST"
                  whoops - dunno what happened. Here's $1.95 refund...
                  Back on the hunt for that accessory all ocver again : (

Heck, everything could be perfect but you could have a heart attack before the package arrives.
                  Nothing in life is certain. (only in the world of mego, things are slightly LESS certain)
                  Last edited by GUYx1; Apr 15, '09, 1:53 PM.
                  Cheers,
                  Guyx1

Comment

• megocanada
                    Permanent Member
                    • Apr 18, 2003

I'm still waiting with my fingers crossed. Over 28 heads with paints and a pair of feet. Hope is all I have left.

Derek
                    the greatest Superman of all time Earth 2 Superman

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Wow, that is amazing that Russ is getting away with rip offs like yours.

Comment

• GUYx1
                        FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                        • Apr 20, 2005

When you want product and NOT money, wot can ya do?
                        If he is out of cash, do you think he is going to want to rush to do my massive order of LJN 2 part arm joints that will take forever to assemble?
                        Or fill ONE order of 28 heads?
                        When the heat is on, he will ship out a few small head orders.
                        We are all in the same boat. Russ could cast just the right head. It was like a muse that grabs you and inspires you to drop a ton of $$$ on parts from Doc M, Castaway toys, just the perfect packaging and then build just the right body - You have just assembled the perfect figure - only it is waiting for the head.
                        A head which will never arrive.
                        But sadly it isn't just ONE figure, but a whole BOX of figures without heads.
                        My only suggestion is we get a nice want list together ans see if someone can sculpt heads for us, or remake the Russ heads. And what the heck, maybe a touch bigger this time...
                        Cheers,
                        Guyx1

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

My only suggestion is we get a nice want list together ans see if someone can sculpt heads for us, or remake the Russ heads. And what the heck, maybe a touch bigger this time...
                          Have you checked out any of the Black Knight's sales posts?
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ And BK follows thru with sales.

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                              GL of Mego Sector
                              • Oct 8, 2007

BK is awesome on all levels and the heads he makes are amazing!
                              No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                                Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                                • Oct 8, 2007

I did finally get my order from Russ. So there is hope for those of you still waiting.

BK's heads are tight.
                                "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎