Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Next Gen suffered too much from weird forehead of the week alien designs
    Hallelujah! I thought I was the only one who thought that! Michael Westmore was definitely trapped in a mode where he saw the movie Klingons and said, "A-hah, put a bump on the nose and forehead... BOOM! Instant alien!" It was boring compared to the colorful characters of TOS (and the films)

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    I like TNG well enough, well, after Season 3 or so. But the characters on that show were often so devoid of humanity, it made relating to them almost impossible. And the stories were often dull. The ones that stand out, like "The Best of Both Worlds" broke that mold. TOS was never dull. The character's had...well, character, and their inner conflicts were often as engaging as the great and fast-paced stories they were in.
    Chris
    Amen! The dialogue was often whispered, mixed with the droning of the ship's engines, and the droning of the musical score (the producers' requested the scoring be dialed back to more background wallpaper). It did suffer.

BUT, they had great actors, and great characters. I just wish there was that spirit of ADVENTURE that would make kids want to role play with phasers and tricorders in the backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I enjoyed the Abrams movies and cast as well. I occasionally revisit the first and third one, the second one is fun to look at but a total mess storywise.
    100%. They are all fun, and the cast is great. I hope Tarrantino gets to do his movie with them.

Last week I got to watch the first 5-6 episodes of Discovery on an airplane. I liked it a lot! But it didn't seem like Trek. It's weird... they obviously cater to older fans (with F-bombs in the dialogue!), you'd think they'd realize that older fans want the Star Trek TOS aesthetic that everyone enjoyed in Star Trek Continues and The DS9 Tribbles episode. And why change the Klingon designs again? Still, an enjoyable watch, but I won't pay to subscribe.

Images
    NYCC dropped a new trailer, and it is really hitting the right notes with me.

Good, good. That looks pretty cool now.
    Spoilers-

Spoilers-

Nice to see a hologram of Enterprise D.

Images
    Being an old TNG fan, naturally I'm a sucker for the fan service.. but I just don't have much optimism that the people who are currently in charge of Star Trek are capable of producing quality programming. I hope I'm wrong. But scenes from that trailer (like Seven of Nine going all Resident Evil) don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Images
    Bumping this for the premiere on THU.. I finally signed up for CBSAA last week..

I'm going in with very modest expectations and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

In the meantime I've been binging Discovery S1 and am actually finding it watchable. I mean, if you can get past the constant mayhem and death and torture..

Images
    I watched the premiere, and was pleasantly surprised. Stewart has stressed repeatedly that this was not going to be TNG 2.0, and it certainly isn't.. but for those craving that (uh, me), there's still a strong connection to what's come before.

I'm interested to see where it goes.

Stewart has official ask Whoppi Goldberg to show up in season 2 of Picard. I really liked the interaction on TNG, even though it was stated that when Whoppie was able to film her part they were just Deanna Troi lines.

I will buy this once it gets released on Blu-ray.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Jan 23, '20 at 4:28 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    First episode was suitably compelling. Great to see Picard back in action. Looking forward to seeing how the series premise and storyline plays out.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Images
    Will Wheaton's Picard recap show is on YT for anyone interested.. spoilers discussed..

For those that don't wanna pay for CBSAA but are curious about the show, it's better than nothing..

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    First episode was suitably compelling. Great to see Picard back in action. Looking forward to seeing how the series premise and storyline plays out.
    Yep, that's how I took it. The "premise" did surprise me, but I have a lot of questions and I'll be back to see how it all plays out. I have a theory.

Does anyone know if this is the prime timeline or the Kelvin? I thought it was prime, but I saw someone on Facebook say it's not.

Any bets on an eventual Wes Crusher appearance?