Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I enjoyed quite a lot. I really liked the music. It wasn't over the top orchestral like a lot of background music is now-a-days. I find a lot of shows try to influence how you feel with the music trying to drive you. I think it is more annoying than forced laugh-tracks. But this show was just great!
    Last edited by LonnieFisher; Nov 22, '15, 1:24 PM.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      I enjoyed quite a lot. I really liked the music. It wasn't over the top orchestral like a lot of background music is now-a-days. I find a lot of shows try to influence how you feel with the music trying to drive you. I think it is more annoying than forced laugh-tracks. But this show was just great!
      Completely agree about the musical score. Very low tempo, late night jazzy kind of music. Fits he mood of the show perfectly. Hoping they'll release a score for it.
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

So, is Trish Walker actually Patsy Walker? Hellcat?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

annnd I just got to episode three where it tells me that Trish is Patsy.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

I am really liking this show. it moves a little slow but it builds the suspense. Tennant is really great in the role, I would not have thought he could play evil so well. Killgrave is just pure evil and he plays it so well. it will be interesting to see where they go with it, I am on E9

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              I am really liking this show. it moves a little slow but it builds the suspense. Tennant is really great in the role, I would not have thought he could play evil so well. Killgrave is just pure evil and he plays it so well. it will be interesting to see where they go with it, I am on E9
              Not kidnapping this thread for WHOvian purposes, I promise, but seeing Tennant play evil so well, makes me wonder if there couldn't be some way for the Doctor to regenerate back into Tennant's version, especially if The Valeyard were ever to arise....
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I find the fight scenes a bit frustrating to watch and a tad subpar (Daredevil's are better).

Don't get me wrong, I love this series (I'm on episode seven so far)...but the fighting sequences look rather a bit on the "cheap" side. What gets me most...and especially that big fight at the hemp warehouse...is that Jessica and Luke are super-powered individuals...yet they still struggled taking care of six or seven regular human goons. You'd figure one punch...and its lights out, but noooooo, they keep getting up, and up...too long. Luke punches that bus and dents it like cotton candy. Why can't he do that to some thug?

Other than that, great show...

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                  I find the fight scenes a bit frustrating to watch and a tad subpar (Daredevil's are better).

Don't get me wrong, I love this series (I'm on episode seven so far)...but the fighting sequences look rather a bit on the "cheap" side. What gets me most...and especially that big fight at the hemp warehouse...is that Jessica and Luke are super-powered individuals...yet they still struggled taking care of six or seven regular human goons. You'd figure one punch...and its lights out, but noooooo, they keep getting up, and up...too long. Luke punches that bus and dents it like cotton candy. Why can't he do that to some thug?

I can only imagine the explanation would be that both characters were likely pulling their punches abd holding back a bit. After all, if a man can dent a bus with a single punch, think what would happen to a human skull or jar were that much force unleashed against it...

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

That's true ^^^^^^^^^^

******spoilers******

Jessica Jones (under Killgrave's spell) did kill Luke's wife with just one punch...so you are right, my friend...
                    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector

I got the impression that neither one wanted to demonstrate that they had powers to the drunks, or seriously injure them.

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

Just finished the series. I thought it was great and held together very well.

Looking forward to Luke Cage next. I found the actor playing him to be very likable and can't wait for him to get even more screen time.
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• daz71
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by pmwasson
                          Just finished the series. I thought it was great and held together very well.

Looking forward to Luke Cage next. I found the actor playing him to be very likable and can't wait for him to get even more screen time.
                          does he have the yellow shirt and chain belt and metal bandana.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

wow! wasn't expecting this. Setup for DD season2?

and Carrie Ann Moss might be a major player in Luke Cage and Iron Fist as well perhaps?

Last edited by samurainoir; Nov 25, '15, 1:21 AM.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                                valar morghulis
                                • Mar 8, 2005

Just finished up the series last nite. Definitely liked it better than DD. I think I also said this about DD, but I think the show would've benefited from being about 10 eps, instead of 13. Got kind of repetitious with all the various attempts and plans and failures to deal with Kilgrave.

Loved the Trish character, the actress was excellent. I think she and Jessica had more chemistry on screen than anyone (even Luke ), their "love story" was strong.

I got to the point where when Malcolm and the twin sister had a scene, I hit FF. Bor-ring.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎