Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, I am a Mego Marvel Maniac & tired of it not getting attention it deserves!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by ovenmitt
    btw Diamond on Facebook yesterday said maybe another Mego set besides Thor will be at SDCC next week and PLENTY of other sets are in works. For when 2016? Thor is not due until end of 2015. Toycade said it cannot sell Cap and Wolverine sets for $65! Disney has to notice this and renegotiate license!
    I heard a rumor on face book that deadpool might be after thor? if that is true I would like to see that happen.
    as far as 65.00 - that is a hard sell when people are selling them on ebay for 50 and 60 with free shipping. If he wants to sell those he is gonna have to drop the price
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by ovenmitt
      I thought Thor would be out this summer. Diamond would have to see how Thor would sell before greenlighting more sets. A nice set like Cap is not selling and he has been in 4 Marvel movies with a 5th on the way! And Wolverine isn't selling either! Hugh Jackman has been in 6 X-Men movies?! Where is IRON MAN who started Marvel Movie Universe?! Fantastic 4 has movie coming out but I doubt we'll see a single Mego from that team! And there's the deal with Disney and Fox over X-Men and Fantastic 4 merchandise.

At Target I see its exclusive Hasbro Marvel Titan 12" Spider-Man 4-pack for $35 and its not selling! Neither are singles on sale for $8 (Wal-Mart, too!)
      its hard to see how these could be done in this series/ format
      I can see the thing - and torch some how being done - like a boxed thing with a ben grimm - maybe a suit and head for a larger doc body would round out the 3
      for johnny they can do original torch, with a hohnny story in blue suit and another in his red suit - so he can be done.

Without bodies Not sure how they can pull off sue - and not sure what reed would be.
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

There's a newsarama article about if it worth it in 2009 for Disney to buy Marvel for 4 BILLION DOLLARS? I've always thought so and analysts say Disney got its money back off 2012 Avengers movie alone the worldwide box office, merchandising, and DVD/Blu Ray sales! No less than 10 more Marvel movies in the pipeline!

So why does Disney need to license Marvel to Diamond for Mego figures in a niche market like specialty shops and online stores aimed at mainly adult collectors most who are 40+ years old like us?

Disney was looking into buying Hasbro a few years back anyway but extended Hasbro's Marvel and Star Wars licenses to 2020 both I believe! RATS!

Disney needs to buy Time-Warner next (FOX tried at $80 BILLION) and merge DC and Marvel universes!
        Last edited by ovenmitt; Jun 30, '15, 5:31 PM.

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

I hope Deadpool is just a rumor because he does'nt fit the 3 figure format since he always has the same costume . Ironman or Daredevil are much better with
          multiple costumes and secret I.D'S . Deadpool like Wolverine is another modern choice(post-Mego) hopefully a painted head (probably spideys).
          I always think it's funny that Deadpool is Wade Wilson and DC'S Deathstroke is Slade Wilson

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
            ^Diamond could have a dozen sets "in the works".

It won't matter one bit if retailers don't order them because they're stuck with what's already come out.
            this ^^ they can "prototype" sets all they want....if they aren't selling (which they aren't) then vendors won't buy them

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

Ebay is choking on the Marvel sets, it looks like the same resellers on a lot of them
              still trying to get top dollar . That's just sad but nevermind because Diamond has more sets
              coming ?

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

If Diamond has plenty more sets in works why is Thor 5-6 months away? I expected Thor this Summer. There won't be any sets between Wolverine and Thor, will there?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎