Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raydeen1
    Persistent Member
    • May 23, 2008

Crappy legs aside, I think they look great for the most part. Those gaunlets look every bit as goofy as oven mitts though. They need to work on those.

I'm in for at least Supes when I find him. Probably GL too.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by stabilio
      Amen...

Yup!! That's what I'll be doing to mine...they look GREAT!
      sigpic

Comment

• Megosaurus
        Banned
        • Aug 6, 2007

Weird!

Still no real answer...so the legs are still crappy and everything else is ok...but we are just happy about the new mego's....I get it....but still...kinda like the Phantom Menace...yeah Star Wars...but with a million years in between...there was much more time to develop perfect product....yet the universe has to embrace Jar Jar binks or else get absolutely nothing...got it!

Comment

• censy
          thread killer
          • Sep 26, 2007

Originally posted by Megosaurus
          I already know the answer to this...but did they fix the leg issue at all! My GA leg snap back into 1 position because of the rubber band! So he can't do any super poses...his wide stance returns....any good news on this front? Enjoy the super mego booty bounty!
          Got mine today and my green lantern is worse than my green arrow. The legs don't hold any position and he doesn't stand up straight. They look great, but the play poseability is low. I'm bummed they aren't on Doc Mego bodies.

Chris

Comment

• Megosaurus
            Banned
            • Aug 6, 2007

Bummer!

I had a feeling it would be the same or worse....I'm sorry! I know how exciting it is to get it and be disappointed! Especially with everyone blowing sunshine out their patooties for some reason!

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

Wave 1 Loose pictures

Picture originally posted by stabilio.....

Wow Stabilio,....You nailed it...BULLS EYE!!! This is what i've dreamed of from the inception of these figures. They really look Awesome in these different bodies. Now they look absolutely G-R-E-A-T!!!
              Last edited by Ivaniski; Feb 11, '10, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

Wow! Thats looks great Stabilio! All of the collars seem to sit better. Did you modify the suits or do they just fit the old bodies better?
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• stabilio
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2002

I used original Mego bodies with the forearms and hands from the Mattel figures but I may change that if/when I get time. I think I can live with the cuffs for now but I may change them too as I really dislike the material.

Other than that the boots are the only other things I swapped out. I did move the top set of snaps on GL and Sinestro to make them tighter but no other alterations to the costumes. They fit original Mego bodies great (or DM or Castaway if you choose). I tucked Luthors purple collar underneath his black straps for a few hours and I like how it sits better now.

Only thing I don't like as they are now, is the color of Superman's shorts. They are a bit light and give the appearance of being faded compared to the cape but its just a slight miss on the color matching at the factory. Dave Mc did a hell of a job designing these costumes and I think its what makes the figures. The cuff material was not his choice.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

When my set arrives I intend to do exactly what Ron has, along with changing the cuffs to Green Goblin/Shazam style. I would have preferred that they had gone with Dave's collar design on Luthor, but I can live with what they did. I'll probably add some widgets to Luthor's harness too. I've never liked vinyl for Mego-style cuffs. There are guys who can pull it off on their customs just fine, but it looks out of place to me on the more Mego-like figures. I know they did it on the POTAs, but I can't get used to it on heroes.

These look a hundred times better with the tweaks.
                    Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Feb 12, '10, 1:01 AM.

Comment

• wonderfan32
                      • Jul 27, 2009

Perhaps if the cuffs were tighter around the wrists, it wouldn't look half bad. They're supposed to give the illusion of gloves for those that wear them. Right now they just look like cuffs. It's fine for Sinestro but not Green Lantern and Lex Luthor. Should be an easy fix though for most people here from the work that I've seen.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by stabilio
                        And that is how they should've looked, they look so much better on those bodies
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• mikeoz
                          Mego Maker
                          • Mar 9, 2007

I do have to say they look better with an original body. Since the thighs are not so large, the upper torso looks better proportioned. I think the boot replacement really helped.
                          Looking for:
                          Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

I've enjoyed reading everyone's reviews so far:
                            Apart from the heads, legs, hips, boots, gloves,... we really love them!

Personally, I miss Mego hands. Even though they didn't allow for much grip.
                            Ah, well:
                            ready...steady...customize!!!!
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Corellian Corvette
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 27, 2004

Welp, serendipity when I got home as two boxes were waiting for me in the mail

Getting these heads off was a PAIN - I basically resorted to putting the torso in a VICE, and crushing it until it split and I could remove the head.

Tried to take some nice pictures of the figures on good bodies, as well as new cards to give them a more Mego feel.

The quality on these definately seems to be lacking. The heat-sealed emblems are already tearing on Supes and GL, and the nylon suits snag with the slightest touch.

With that said - once I get the bodies fixed and have them on proper cards - I love the way they *could* have looked. As has been said - Lex is the best of the bunch. With the body fixed I *reallY* like the Superman head. GL is great but his head's a little big, and Sinestro is actualy on par with Lex from a quality standpoint, I'm just not a huge fan of the character.

Please, please, please fix these bodies and improve the quality. If you're not going to fix the bodies, can you at least make the heads easier to take off? Mattel - are you listening?

Like M.A.S.K.?
                              www.albertpenello.com/mask

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

If Mattel sees these they'll simply have to admit they screwed up with the bodies and these look much better. Also the character's logo on the card in stead of a normal font makes all the difference. I still don't understand why they didn't do that themselves. Anyone saying this doesn't look better than Mattel is lying
                                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎