X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

FTC posts X-Men movie/cartoon costumes comparison on Facebook. Hmmmm

This is 1st time FTC has posted anything Marvel-related on Facebook. Is some kind of Marvel license in the works? DST/EMCE still has Marvel Mego, don't they?
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

That did seem a bit odd...

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Interesting....
      sigpic

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

There will be a Hasbro TRU exclusive XMen Marvel Legends Jubilee BAF wave but what else has Hasbro done with XMen? There are no Days of Future Past Movie figures like Guardians of the Galaxy! If FTC could score XMen license at 1st- $25 Mego XMen figures starting with 1975 New XMen 40th anniversary in 2015!

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I do hope FTC can work some kind of deal to get the MARVEL license, because I can't afford to keep paying $80 for the DST Limited Edition Collector Sets. Despite the high price tag I wasn't strong enough to resist the Spiderman set.
          sigpic

Comment

• BATMAN89
            Mego obsessed!!!
            • Jul 20, 2010

It is interesting that they posted that link. I wonder if the cartoon license is separate from the rest and available.
            They do sell the Cyclops belt already!
            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Not to mention the Thor and Ironman boots.
              JediJaida

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

Hasbro controls the Marvel master license and if it won't allow a partner like Diamond to make relatively affordable single figures, it makes no sense it would grant the license to a competitor like FTC.

FTC is simply trying to build a community around its Facebook page by offering interesting features to read, like any social marketing plan. It's not sending secret messages.

By the way, I hope I'm absolutely wrong.
                Last edited by madmarva; Jun 29, '14, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by madmarva
                  It's not sending secret messages.
                  I can neither confirm nor deny that they are sending messages, and that they are -or aren't- secret...
                  As a matter of fact, disregard this whole post. It never happened.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                    • Feb 27, 2014

Hasbro controls the Marvel master license and if it won't allow a partner like Diamond to make relatively affordable single figures, it makes no sense it would grant the license to a competitor like FTC.

FTC is simply trying to build a community around its Facebook page by offering interesting features to read, like any social marketing plan. It's not sending secret messages.

They've been 'building community' for a while now, but this is the first time it's focused on characters they don't have the license to. Maybe there's nothing to it, who knows.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

And yet Mattel holds the master license to DC and we still get DC ReMegos from FTC.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                        Not to mention the Thor and Ironman boots.
                        And Invisible Girl heads.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

seems off the wall to be posting it without reason. hmmm. Wonder if Marvel sub families are available like Batman was at first to FTC?
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

The ancilliary pieces - boots, etc - don't matter because they're not specific to the trademark. Thor's hammer would be and Iron Man's button would also be, if it was sold sewn onto a red suit. Cap's Shield, Wolverine's Claws, Batman's Cowl, etc... off-limits.

There is a strain between Marvel and Fox. Marvel makes next to nothing on the agreement and was supposedly paying Fox at one point to keep it in development. I know after '02 Spidey, Marvel re-negotiated the contract with Sony, but this apparently never happened with Fox. A lot of noise has occurred lately about how Marvel is not happy about this on top of some big production decisions. The first was using Quicksilver. Now the FF reboot is rumored as the final straw as it's so distant from the comic it muxed up Marvel's anniversary plans.

With no synergy or dollars, Disney Marvel decided to shuffle the two brands by cancelling titles, removing characters, etc...and that begins this fall. Fox did not explain why Marvel did not develop any Days of Future Past toys/tie-ins and that looks to be the same for the FF reboot.

What we do know is FTC has dealt with WB for DC/Batman '66 and Fox is connected to Batman '66 licensing, and the contract Fox has with Marvel comes form before Toy Biz bought/merged with Marvel.

Now here's the pure speculation - Fox may have licensing control over their interpretation of X-Men movie characters since those were not created by Marvel, but Fox movie production designers. That would fall in line with their use of Quicksilver and development ownership in Batman '66. They're also moving forward with X-Men Apocalypse and another Wolverine sequel. If Marvel's not willing to license as they weren't with Days, Fox may have precedent.

Comment

• drogge
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 24, 2009

I have a feeling FTC is doing something Marvel 8 inch, and I am usually right. They knew what they are doing when they posted those pictures on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎