X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zechmilla
    • May 11, 2013

Custom Mego Carnage

Just finished it today. Wasn't going to share, had to post it though.

CUSTOM OF THE WEEK?

Last edited by zechmilla; May 15, '13, 7:36 PM.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

By all means, keep sharing! Looks great! Welcome to the boards!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Nice job on the suit
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

Nice looking figure. It's amazing how well it fits inside the clamshell.
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Very nice. I used the same recipe.

Comment

• zechmilla
            • May 11, 2013

Originally posted by Goblin19
            Very nice. I used the same recipe.
            Nice, you have one as well?

Comment

• bobws
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 13, 2008

Nice. andi likethe new backer card with all new images.
              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Is the figure a custom or just the package? I have a Famous Covers Carnage that looks just like that.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^looks like a FC Carnage head, costume and hands on a smaller Mego body. And a custom card from somewhere.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Wow! That takes balls! Apparently your figure does fit the Castaway clamshell after all...even after you threw a hissy fit for several hours through emails and insisted that it didn't! This guy couldn't get it through his head that the cards and clamshells are standardized to fit most WGSH figures (repro or custom) with few exceptions (like Thor). Apparently according to him, it was my fault as a retailer for not asking him the dimensions of his figure up front.

I initially refunded his mony for the clam, but then that wasn't enough for him so he filed a PayPal claim! It really wasn't worth it to me for the constant back and forth with this joker so I refunded the rest. He was still not satisfied because supposedly this is a wedding present for someone and now he was under a time crunch to find a new clam that would fit and maybe commission a new card as well (which, by the way I made the card to his character specs!).

I told him that was his problem, as he had my work (the card), the clam, his shipping back so he obviously was the winner in all of this. Then he tells me he'll refund my money back to me in two weeks! I told him to drop it, what's done is done.

Then he contacts me again and asks if I know of Castaway.com, if they're still in business and if they sell clams. I told him I bought the remainder of their stock when they went out if business and that was what I sold him ( I referred to the clams as Castaway Clams throughout our emails).

Hours later he posted the figure, clammed and all on Facebook. Now he has nerve to post it here like its worthy if COTW on top if that? Unbelievable, simply unbelievable...
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• rob_moz
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 7, 2011

WOW!!! That does take balls!!!! Im very curious to hear his side of the story because just from being a small part of the Mego Museum I know the Toyroom is a stand up guy who contributes alot of time and talent to his craft and this site. I hope it was a misunderstanding cause it sounds like dirty pool to me.

Comment

• megowgsh
                        Customego HoF Curator
                        • Nov 19, 2003

ROTFLMAO Just when I thought I heard and saw it all, here comes this "custom" Mego. What year is it? 2001?

Sorry to hear about the shenanigans Anthony.
                        Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Cosmicman
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by zechmilla
                          CUSTOM OF THE WEEK?

I love how you broke that Famous Covers figure down to Mego I did the same thing 7 years ago. The package makes it looks better. Maybe you will get custom of the week now! I pulling for your bro!! Of course, I haven't seen my stuff up there since forever but you'll have a better chance because your original package just adds that element! Plus you are not me so you really have it going for you. So I hear you got balls? Reminds me of an old song.
                          Last edited by Cosmicman; May 16, '13, 8:58 AM.
                          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• HumanWolfman
                            Type3Toys Has Transformed
                            • Oct 5, 2011

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                            Wow! That takes balls! Apparently your figure does fit the Castaway clamshell after all...even after you threw a hissy fit for several hours through emails and insisted that it didn't! This guy couldn't get it through his head that the cards and clamshells are standardized to fit most WGSH figures (repro or custom) with few exceptions (like Thor). Apparently according to him, it was my fault as a retailer for not asking him the dimensions of his figure up front.

I initially refunded his mony for the clam, but then that wasn't enough for him so he filed a PayPal claim! It really wasn't worth it to me for the constant back and forth with this joker so I refunded the rest. He was still not satisfied because supposedly this is a wedding present for someone and now he was under a time crunch to find a new clam that would fit and maybe commission a new card as well (which, by the way I made the card to his character specs!).

I told him that was his problem, as he had my work (the card), the clam, his shipping back so he obviously was the winner in all of this. Then he tells me he'll refund my money back to me in two weeks! I told him to drop it, what's done is done.

Then he contacts me again and asks if I know of Castaway.com, if they're still in business and if they sell clams. I told him I bought the remainder of their stock when they went out if business and that was what I sold him ( I referred to the clams as Castaway Clams throughout our emails).

Hours later he posted the figure, clammed and all on Facebook. Now he has nerve to post it here like its worthy if COTW on top if that? Unbelievable, simply unbelievable...
                            Wow! I am speechless! Hopefully this will not go unpunished.
                            View My Customs
                            www.type3toys.com
                            or check here
                            http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I had no idea...

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢