Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State of the 2010 Megos (Mattel Edition)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

State of the 2010 Megos (Mattel Edition)

Having been buying the products on Matty Collector since the first He-Man showed up, its easy to see that Mattel is experimenting with lower production runs geared to specialized customers. Thanks to EMCE, they have recognized that the mego fans are out there and they have the DC license so we were granted a great gift.

If you look closely at the He-Man line, of which I consider a brother of the new megos, he-man skeletor etc were all re-issued with fixes. It even explains how the first he-man had his arms on backwards!

Anyhow my point is this is new territory for action figures, and the fact an 8" superman like that is in our hands at all is great.
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

You can't even Notice that He-Man's arms are on Backwards, and that is Hardley a good Compairison on the Subject at hand.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Orion
      Museum Night Watchman
      • Mar 11, 2008

I think a lot of us who are worried about the "goo" support the Retro line and aren't trying to derail it. I've been a big fan so far and have purchased 2 GAs, 2 GLs, along with the rest of Wave 1. But like BK suggests, this has the potential of being a bigger problem than having He-Man's arms on wrong. Right now people seem to just want answers/assurances before we continue to buy these figures and hand them out to our kids.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
        • Oct 8, 2007

With regard to the new line, I would love nothing more than to see these major issues fixed and many new waves coming out. I would buy them all.
        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• jayihdz
          aaaggghhhh!
          • Mar 6, 2007

Doc just gave an answer to the goo situation.

Condensation? Oil? Something inside plastic window of Retro-Heroes - Page 14 - Mego Talk

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎