Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type 0 bodies on first 4 WGSH

Images

Type 0 bodies on first 4 WGSH

So what is the actual deal on this. I know there have been cases of the first 4 WGSH found on Type 0 (AJ) bodies. So what is the exact deal on this. Would the Batman and Robin figures only be the RC/RM versions with skinny boots and stirrups on Bats? Would the Superman only be a silk pattern Superman with stirrups and skinny boots? Would Aquaman be a sewn on sleeves only? I have personally gotten 1 Aquaman that came on a Type 0 with SOS and the owner was the only owner and he never owned any AJ's. So I have some background basis that kinda supports the claim. I have recently gotten a Batman with a non-stirrup suit, nylon shorts uniform, that came to me on a T0 body. Wondering if it may be original or a redress. The suit is in pretty nice shape and we all know how easy the nylon shorts separate if you dress/undress figures in them. Looking for any input. Thanks. C-
    Last edited by megocrazy; Mar 15, '11 at 8:29 PM.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Images
    I would imagine that it would only be the earliest figures as like is mentioned in Ben's book. My original solid boxed Megos that I got as a kid were all type 1 and are stirrups, etc.

Images
    I've never seen a WGSH on a Type 0 body. Although I do think they were probably released on the Type 0 body originally, I think they switched over to the Type 1 very early in the WGSH run, so I don't think any but the absolute earliest figures would have been Type 0.
    Nostalgia just ainít what it used to be.

My solid box Superman, with Large 'S' front & back is T1,
    so any that were released on T0 literally must have been in the first few weeks of distribution.

r
    o
    b

Images
    well I guess one way to check on it....has there ever been a T0 spidey body?

Images
    I always believed T0's were AJ and AJ alone. I've never seen a WGSH with a T0 body.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Images
    There was an Aquaman on ebay last year on a Type 0 body. Whether it was legit,is another story.

Wasn't Don a Type 0 also?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    There was an Aquaman on ebay last year on a Type 0 body. Whether it was legit,is another story.
    That may be the one I own. Seller had it listed as one owner only, himself. So I jumped on it to see. I recently hit a Batman T1 head on a T0 with no other signs of AJ stuff any where. It is a silk pants suit but no stirrups and not an RC Batman, which would be the earliest. It's in pretty good shape.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Images
    The closest I have ever seen one of the original 4 WGSHs with a T0 body is the soft plastic 'flesh' pelvis in place instead of the hard plastic one,
    but still with the metal rivets in the joints (at least, that's the way all of my are.)
    Was there ever any originally released with the classic plastic joints, like the T0?
    "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"