Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TYPE 0 Body question ?

Question TYPE 0 Body question ?

Were ANY of the WGSH figures released with a Type 0 body....or was that body only used for Action Jackson ?

I'm pretty sure batman and robin have come on the t0 body. not sure about superman and aquaman

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    I'm pretty sure batman and robin have come on the t0 body. not sure about superman and aquaman
    Since they were released at the same time, wouldn't it be the same answer for all 4?
    Nostalgia just ainít what it used to be.

Images
    There was a Type 0 Aquaman on eBay earlier this year. Don't know how legit it was.

Images
    I asked this question a few weeks ago when I found a Batman on a Type 0 body. But, there is no way to verify if it is legit. Imho, for one of these oddball type of figures to be considered legit, I'd say it would have to be sealed in its original packaging. Otherwise, anyone could create a "legit" oddball figure.

I'm pretty sure that the first series of figures was actually released on the type 0 bodies as well.

I myself have a T0 Superman and Aquaman, while not exactly in the best shape, but still... One of the things that I think is a good sign, is the fact that their heads are very soft and very pale compared to all my other megos. I've never come across any Megos who's heads were this pale.
    ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
    HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HapSlash View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the first series of figures was actually released on the type 0 bodies as well.

I myself have a T0 Superman and Aquaman, while not exactly in the best shape, but still... One of the things that I think is a good sign, is the fact that their heads are very soft and very pale compared to all my other megos. I've never come across any Megos who's heads were this pale.
    Dear HapSlash, a pic always helps in descriptive situation such as this. I have never seen an original type zero Supes and Aquaman, this does not mean they were not made of course, so it would be good to see them and document it.

Clem

please post pic's of type 0 WGSH's.........

I didn't bother posting any pics because for starters, my nice camera died and i haven't yet been able to justify spending the money to replace it yet... so I'm left with this webcam. and secondly, these guys are not in the best shape.

As you can see here, he has the slim boots and the nylon shorts, however the damage to the rest of his costume is a real disappointment.

The head matches the flesh tone of the Type 0 body exactly, and is very soft compared to the rest of my Mego figures. almost as soft as some of the CTTV stuff. The paint ops, size, shape, details are all identical to my other Superman heads. He does have the long neck plug, and his original stringing is still nice and tight.

As you can see here there is a vast difference in the fleshtone between him and the standard Mego... even my other Type 1's are a bit darker, and firmer... although the pic I took didn't turn out.

I can't say for definite proof that they were truly released, but this is enough to make me believe so.
    ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
    HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Images
    There's pix from HUckabone's collection of T0 RM Robin. I'd say it's highly likely there were early figures released on T0 bodies. A running change much like when they switched to the T2 bodies.