Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pardon me while I vent.

Images

Pardon me while I vent.

Hello,
    So as of late I've been on a new work schedule. Four 10 hrs. days with OT on weekends. This week there was no OT so I was looking to 3 days off in a row! I had placed an BIG order with Figures Inc. and was all set to get into some heavy Mego Customizing. Last week, the tracking showed package was at my apartment, but when I arrived,,, Nothing. Tracking shows "No Delivery Scan". This usually means the carrier did not use the passkey to enter my secured building and did not deliver the box. So I contact USPS and wait. They send me an e-mail stating more or less that the carrier left the package outside of my secure building and its not their fault my property got stolen.

So who else here got PORCH PIRATED???
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Images
    that sucks. i hate thieves. scumbags

In my neighborhood, practically everyday I see people getting packages and boxes delivered to their homes. It’s either UPS or FedEx or Amazon, the driver tosses the package or box on the front steps, takes a picture of it and then drives away. Sometimes the people aren’t home or they are home and did not hear the truck drive up, the driver should at least ring the doorbell to let the person know to come to the front door or at least look out their window and see the delivery truck. If the person is not home or doesn’t come to the door, the delivery driver should at least leave the item at the back door, so it can’t be seen by the public.

With the post office and delivery companies, all they have to do is drop the package off at the address on the label, they take a picture of the item that also gives the time of delivery proving it was delivered and it’s now out of there hands, so if it’s stolen their not responsible. Unless the item needs a signature and if the person is not home, the driver takes back the package and leaves a note.

I guess these drivers are on a tight schedule and pressed for time, ringing a doorbell or bringing a package/box to the back door takes to long, it’s just plain laziness, an extra 10-20 seconds could possibly save the customer grief and aggravation.

In your case, if your building is supposed to be secure, and the mail carrier didn’t have a pass key (he should have if he delivers there) then he should have taken it back to the post office and left a note stating your item is at the P.O. for pick up. Then it’s your responsibility to go to the P.O. to pick it up.

The mail carrier was irresponsible and just didn’t feel like leaving a note and returning it to the P.O. so now your package was stolen, possibly by another tenant? and your out the money you spent, that really sucks big time. I think USPS (is) responsible for leaving your package OUTSIDE the secure building, the carrier was just plain lazy and didn’t want to be bothered leaving a note and bringing it back to the post office.

Quote Originally Posted by ddgaff1132 View Post
    Hello,
    So as of late I've been on a new work schedule. Four 10 hrs. days with OT on weekends. This week there was no OT so I was looking to 3 days off in a row! I had placed an BIG order with Figures Inc. and was all set to get into some heavy Mego Customizing. Last week, the tracking showed package was at my apartment, but when I arrived,,, Nothing. Tracking shows "No Delivery Scan". This usually means the carrier did not use the passkey to enter my secured building and did not deliver the box. So I contact USPS and wait. They send me an e-mail stating more or less that the carrier left the package outside of my secure building and its not their fault my property got stolen.

So who else here got PORCH PIRATED???
    I'd raise a stink with the post master or whomever at the post office and tell them you want compensation.

Images
    This is what I saw when I went to check my mailbox today, and I was reminded of this thread. About 2 dozen amazon packages scattered about. The amazon delivery person just dumped these all outside the mailbox area. I live in a large apartment building with over 200 units. Our mailboxes are outside in the courtyard. During the day, the gate is open and unlocked. Any thief could walk inside the courtyard area and grab a package. Most of the time the carrier delivers the packages at your door, but it looks like this particular carrier couldn't be bothered to do that. Luckily, none of these packages are mine. I guess its up to the tenants to check their tracking to see if their package arrived today.
    IMG_20210617_161834.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    This is what I saw when I went to check my mailbox today, and I was reminded of this thread. About 2 dozen amazon packages scattered about. The amazon delivery person just dumped these all outside the mailbox area. I live in a large apartment building with over 200 units. Our mailboxes are outside in the courtyard. During the day, the gate is open and unlocked. Any thief could walk inside the courtyard area and grab a package. Most of the time the carrier delivers the packages at your door, but it looks like this particular carrier couldn't be bothered to do that. Luckily, none of these packages are mine. I guess its up to the tenants to check their tracking to see if their package arrived today.
    IMG_20210617_161834.jpg
    Looks like Christmas to a thief, I'd imagine.

Images
    Reading these kinds of stories upsets my stomach. Too work hard, spend your money, only to have the product stolen by someone that doesn't care about you or anyone else other than themselves.
    Heart of Glass was my secret identity.

I ordered a small Barbie that states it was delivered to my address but it never was. It was small enough to fit in my mailbox so somebody else got it in and opened it. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I keep going to the PO with the tracking number and they finally found it.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    I have experienced something similar in the past as well… you should see if your local post office has a service that allows you to retrieve your packages directly from them. It’s sort of like having a PO Box but you receive an email whenever a package arrives, you go in, they scan the email and give you your package.

Images
    The USPS is a joke and a complete disgrace at this point. they constantly lose packages too.