Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Trek suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by TheVintageToyKid View Post
    It would also be great if they were to make a two-pack of Spock's parents from 'Journey to Babel'.
    Yeah, that would be awesome.

Barnabas Collins

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    Was it his estate or someone else’s that wouldn’t allow figures of him? Am I confusing things and that was Rod Serling? Or was it both of them?

Given how much of a commercial opportunist Roddenberry was, I can't imagine his estate would turn down any chance to make a few $ off his likeness. I think it's more a matter of would enough collectors want a figure of Roddenberry, but that's just a guess.

On a related note, since Carol Serling passed last year, maybe Rod's heirs will be less resistant to the idea of a figure or statue. That would sell, as he was a much more visible part of each TZ than Roddenberry was in Trek. The lack of Serling was the only real downside of the BBP figures from a few years ago.

^Serling makes so much more sense as a figure. He was front and center doing intros for TZ and would be recognizable.

Roddenberry is just a fat old guy in a sweater.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    ^Serling makes so much more sense as a figure. He was front and center doing intros for TZ and would be recognizable.

Roddenberry is just a fat old guy in a sweater.
    Star Wars released a George Lucas as X-Wing Pilot *and* a George Lucas in Stormtrooper armor. Apparently Hot Toys made an unlicensed "Director" figure as well.

I know that Star Wars has a much bigger collector base, but if you did a Gene Roddenberry as Captain April... maybe released as a convention exclusive... I think it would sell.

^I’d buy one just so he could make all my Next Generation figures miserable.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    ^I’d buy one just so he could make all my Next Generation figures miserable.
    Ha! And hit on all the female action figures in your collection.

Images
    They should also make a Majel Barrett three-pack with her as Number One, Nurse Chapel and Trois mother.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Quote Originally Posted by TheVintageToyKid View Post
    They should also make a Majel Barrett three-pack with her as Number One, Nurse Chapel and Trois mother.
    That sounds good except for having a Next Generation figure in it. I won't be getting any Next Gen figures. I'm sticking to the original series and not expanding. I'd be fine with a two-pack, though. I'd buy a set with Gene and Majel together.

Images
    LonnieFisher, that is a great idea! They could do a special line of "Star Trek Couples" and they could package a Majel character with Gene, 1930s Kirk with Edith Keeler, Sarek and his wife and perhaps Decker and Ilia from The Motion Picture.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

I had the James Brady Gene Roddenberry head, and tweaked it up a bit for a custom Gene Autry.

I had pics of it on the customs thread a few years back, but sold it off since.

Wish I could get my hands on another sculpt, and add him to my Trek collection.