Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1971 Mattel Sea Devils Catalog

Plaid Stallions 1971 Mattel Sea Devils Catalog

In the 1960s, Mattel had a great deal of success with their “Major Matt Mason” line of toys, but when Neal Armstrong stepped on the moon and discovered nothing, interest in space race toys crashed and burned. Mattel logically thought to spin the concept off to a more earth-bound concept and created “The Sea Devils” […]

More...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Was there any relationship between this line and the DC Comics Sea Devils book of the early 60s?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Appealing line, Kretor has a Manta & Moray vibe.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Very nice. I find them oddly more appealing than I ever found the Major Matt Mason stuff.

Images
    Was there any relationship between this line and the DC Comics Sea Devils book of the early 60s?
    I was about to ask the same thing. I keep forgetting this line existed, as if each time I read it about it (mostly here) it's the first time I ever heard of it. I don't think it was even covered in the big Tomart's Action Figure guide, so that could explain it, as that was my early action figure bible for lines before my time.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I had Rick Riley and my cousin had Chuck, even though I don't think either of us knew (or cared) they had names at the time, mine was always "The Black Devil" and his was "The Red Devil". My Mom used to "sit" for my Aunt, so some of my cousin's toys were kept in my room. We had an 18" dough boy pool, that was set up in the shade each summer on our back patio which was where we mostly played with our Devils. We each had the propellers, but I don't recall the air pump & hose accessory. I think these were selected for us, because I don't remember seeing them in the store and was never even aware of any additional sets or figures like Zark or Kretor. We had the cereal premium sea creatures and plastic dinosaurs that our Devils would hunt and battle with. I remember getting at least 2, possibly even 3 summers of play out of these guys.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I had Rick Riley and my cousin had Chuck, even though I don't think either of us knew (or cared) they had names at the time, mine was always "The Black Devil" and his was "The Red Devil". My Mom used to "sit" for my Aunt, so some of my cousin's toys were kept in my room. We had an 18" dough boy pool, that was set up in the shade each summer on our back patio which was where we mostly played with our Devils. We each had the propellers, but I don't recall the air pump & hose accessory. I think these were selected for us, because I don't remember seeing them in the store and was never even aware of any additional sets or figures like Zark or Kretor. We had the cereal premium sea creatures and plastic dinosaurs that our Devils would hunt and battle with. I remember getting at least 2, possibly even 3 summers of play out of these guys.
    Thanks for sharing this story. You can tell there are a lot of fond memories there.

cool i have never heard of this line.

Images
    Really neat looking figures.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    Thanks for sharing this story. You can tell there are a lot of fond memories there.
    Thank you for that. I was surprised at how much came flooding back when I saw this posting. I see them now and then on eBay and they bring up some nostalgia, but something about this write up just took me all the way back. That's why I love this place, when it strikes home...it really strikes home. Cheers!