Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Thread: The Falcon and The Winter Soldier final trailer

I agree, I liked the story. I told people years ago that the Avengers were going to change and this is its start. Sam Wilson as Captain America is only the beginning, what till you get Jane Foster as
    Thor.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    It was cool to see Sam and Walker in their respective suits in the final episode.

Overall, this series started out in a promising manner but got swiftly hamstrung by overly sententious storytelling.

Still... the action sequences were consistently good, at least.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Most of the MCU going forward is going to suck, in my opinion. Then again, I've probably been a fan of Marvel longer than most people on the museum. Since I had a very large collection of back issues from way before I could read. I had thousands of comics given to me when I was a youngster. Jane Foster as "Thor"? No thank you. Thor is a name, not a title. Thordis, maybe...

Images
    well we can still hope for FF and Xmen

Images
    Word has it most of this will carry over to Cap 4.

I enjoyed it. Yes, a tad preachy, but the action sequences were awesome. My favorite character remains John Walker.

Images
    watched is last night. i enjoyed it. the story line was building to this with the Isiah storyline. still, it was was light years better in how they addressed it than how Supergirl did things like this

Images
    I don't know what show some of you watched, but this series was amazing. The fact that the show was relevant and meaningful is something Marvel didn't have to do, but they did. Hiring a black showrunner, and mostly black writers to tell the story of a black man who was handed the shield in the last Avengers movie seems like a "duh" thing to do, but again, they didn't have to.

And I agree this didn't come across as ham-fisted and preachy as Supergirl usually does. The characters and situations felt real. Relevant to the post-snap/blip MCU, but also to the world outside our door...which Marvel has ALWAYS done. When DC had it's head in the sand in the 60s, Stan and co. met these issues, if not head on, then at least part of the way. And what about Stan's Soap Box? Even if the stories weren't talking equality, then Stan was in the editorial pages.

Marvel "woke" up in the 60s.

And besides all of that, all the story threads converged and were either wrapped up, or set up to continue down the line. A thoroughly satisfying series, and I can't wait for Captain America 4.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    Well said, Chris.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    I enjoyed the series and Bucky and John Walker were my favorites I think and probably Zemo (who got taken out of the story too early).

I will say the Flag Smasher narrative was not compelling at all. The writers spent a lot of time trying to get the audience to care for what they were trying to do and what they stood for and it just fell flat IMO. I was rooting for John Walker to wipe the floor with them, and he's pretty unstable, LOL.

The Sharon story was telegraphed in pretty early, so that wasn't exactly a surprise. I did like Sam and his sister's story and most of the Isaiah story was good, but needed a better payoff than what happened.

The writer's were going for timely and compelling, and to me it was status quo and preachy, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it.