Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Thread: New FTC Wonder Woman, Hippolyta, and Nubia?

Images
    WOW! Rusty did an amazing job of changing that sad sack Diana into a 70s Wonder. She's looking amazing!

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Stop No Nubia

Have bad news (or maybe good news) FTC is not going to release Nubia. I just got the email. No reason why but its a no go. So I guess its up to customizers to make this happen.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    Blog Entries
    A shame, it's a character I've always wanted in 8" format, but perhaps not surprising.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

I really wanted the outfit for future female knights. I have custom I got years ago of Nubia that still needs some work done so I may break her out and see what I can do.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monitor_ep View Post
    Have bad news (or maybe good news) FTC is not going to release Nubia. I just got the email. No reason why but its a no go. So I guess its up to customizers to make this happen.
    I imagine the DOA first releases killed it.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Well, if they hadn't made them so fugly...

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Images
    Exactly correct. Itís a shame these were so awful that they doomed the line. Even if Nubia was ugly, I probably would have gotten her for the outfit, as long as it was good.

Images
    I wonder if Mego could make a Nubia to match their 14" inch Wonder Woman figure?

She sure is a nice looking figure (not mine): nubia.jpg
    Last edited by RonnyG; Apr 24, '21 at 2:16 AM.

Why not a new Nubia?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    I wonder if Mego could make a Nubia to match their 14" inch Wonder Woman figure?

She sure is a nice looking figure (not mine): nubia.jpg
    The original Nubia is one of the best 12" figures Mego ever produced, and is my favourite of all my original collection. This run of Wonder Woman figures was a bust, but why doesn't FTC make a new Nubia, in a version of the classic outfit, or the new one as depicted in current comics? This character is getting a ton of press and I'd be surprised if Mego isn't already considering her for 8" and/or 14" figures. There's a beeeeeeeg unserved market for Black superhero figures that is hungry for product like this.
    nubia-wonder-woman-future-state_92e1.jpg

Images
    Blog Entries
    And, they don't need to tool that armor per se--could be vinyl. FTC should eat crow and do her in a standard version.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.