Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russell Wilson / Seahawks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Russell Wilson / Seahawks

Russell Wilson, Super Bowl XLVIII champion quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks, now enshrined in my Mego collection. As a lifelong Seahawks fan, Wilson really is a hero, on and off the field, to us 12s. I created the figure without a template. The only existent Mego football figure is Joe Namath was not helpful because he wears an old-style uniform and they didn't even fit the pads under the jersey. Wilson's pads and uniform are modern and so they needed a fresh approach. As pictured, I cut some thin, dense foam pads for his shoulders and legs, then fit a jersey and leggings to go over them. The helmet is a gumball-machine-type toy I bought online. I have no way of creating a custom head to make an identical likeness of Wilson, but the stock African American head is attractive and so it will suffice for me. Let me know what you all think! This was a LOT of fun to make.

Images
    Looks good! Russell Wilson grew up in Richmond, so I have a soft spot for him. I think with a little brush work to add some facial hair would help the likeness, but otherwise you nailed it. That helmet is a nice find.

Images
    Give him some "eye black" and he's perfect. Very well done. I'd buy it if it was in a store.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

That looks really neat, something different for customs, great idea and thanks for sharing.

Good idea for a figure.

Images
    This is GREAT! I love the uniform and the creativity behind it. Very nice job. I am inspired.

Agreed, well done! Really worth adding the eye black and facial hair to push him over the top.

Images
    Wow! That likeness is really pretty close. Thats very cool. And you shoulder pad creation is perfect. Great execution! You do Russell proud!

Per your suggestions, I added the eye black and facial hair and it was just what Russ needed. Thanks so much for the input and kind words everyone! This community rocks!

Images
    It looked great before but it looks even better now. Fantastic!