FTC 12" Female Body Review.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffbearco
    replied
    I wonder how the 12" Mego clothes fit this body. There are clothes for Cher, Jordache, Wonder Woman and others still available on ebay.

JeffBearCO

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    I would flip the ball over, and try to restring. If THAT doesn't work, cut the damned band off and try again with elastic cord.

Leave a comment:

• lilbrosj66
    replied
    Originally posted by JediJaida
    The head wobbles a lot, so no, it won't fit.

The torso keeps flopping forward and I suspect either the tension is too tight or the midriff ball was upside down. It was the latter.

Also, wa
    So did you flip the ball over? Did it help? I didn't even consider that. Should the smaller hole be upwards? Has anyone mentioned this before?

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    The head wobbles a lot, so no, it won't fit.

The torso keeps flopping forward and I suspect either the tension is too tight or the midriff ball was upside down. It was the latter.

Also, wa

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    Good question. I'll let you know. I have a couple of those floating around.

I don't know if it will fit this type of neck post, though.

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    Will this head fit the body?

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    I got the 12" body today, and it seems to flop at the waist a little, but that can be corrected.

It has a nice, solid feel to it, and it looks to be well assembled. The head is of good quality rubber, and the paint job is very good, with no splotches or zombie eyes. Hint, hint! Cough, cough! This means YOU FTC!

The feet, will NOT fit into anything Barbie sized, so unless they start making their high heeled shoes and other stuff in 12" size for the women's body, you might find better luck getting the 12" tennis shoes for a while.

She might fit into Obitsu shoes, but that will take a while to figure out.

More later.

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    I really don't like the look of the dresses, but I have plenty of Barbie patterns that might fit her.

Leave a comment:

• invisiblelad
    replied
    Well, ...Hello Nekkid ELASTI-GIRL!

Aparantly The Doom Patrol's PR agent is trying to do damage control after Elasti-Girl's Photo shoot pics, taken for the never released 'GIGANTIC Gorgeous Girls Gone Wild' spread in Playtoy magazine, were leaked in this Mego Museum thread!

When asked about what he thought about Elasti-Girl's pics featuring 40 feet of naughty nakedness, The Chief replied: "I think Rita took things too Farr."

Thanks 4 the pics Lilbrosj66! I remember that FTC showed a blown up pic of their 8" female articulated body, to represent their forthcoming 12" articulated body, at some point, & I believe it was early on when Batman 66 was advertised to be coming in 8" & 12" scale, along with Dukes of Hazzards. This was back when that 1st EPIC FTC announcement was made. So I just assumed the 12" FTC Female body was shown for the future use for 12" Daisy Duke & Catwoman, since Batgirl seemed off the table for 66 Batman @ that time. I was confused when the 12" Daisy Duke was shown coming with that 12" body w/ 6 POA, like an upscaled vintage Mego Daisy Duke body.
    I think the body looks good, & after seeing that Daisy Head on it, should have been used for her 12" regular figure & any variants in that scale as well. The original FTC announcement had me excited for so many lines, & The Dukes was one of them, but I never took to the look of the wave 1 figures because they looked off to me, & somehow Beau & Luke looked like they were based on an "Animated" version of Dem Good Ole Boys! I guess I pictured all FTC re-dos & New Character's (like WGH Alfred, Ras Al Ghul, ect.) to look like Mego made them nack in the day, & that they'd fit in better with classic Megos to me. FTC...Bring on Mego Repros of: Beau, Luke, Boss, & a shrunken down redeco Daisy Duke head to go on an articulated 8" body!
    I hope to get a great 8" & 18" Giganta, & would definitely like a 12" too if it's reasonably priced! I'f guess the 18" Giganta would be pricey, & I'd have to have the 8" retro Comic style &/or Super Friends Giganta, but a 12" wpuld be a nice in between for her! I know it's off tbe table, but I have No interest in 18" versions of the Super Gals, or any non-giant character, ...but hear this...

FTC - I would buy 12" Wonder Woman (comic or TV WW Lynda Carter) figures, including villains & supporting cast, if done well! I would probably get 12" versions of the Super Gals (& WGSH + Super Foes!) , or upgraded Retro 12" DC female characters, if fairly priced! (Like 2014-15 FTC prices)
    ...unfortunately, I'd only spring for 18" versions of DC Super-Sized characters!
    FTC- Bring on the
    12" Retro WGSH/Gals/Foes! -&-
    18" "Giants of DC" collection!

Lilbrosj66, THANKS Again for the pics, & especially the honest Review of this Body! Hope FTC makes heads, clothes, & accessories for this body ro make customs if they can't release any DC gals on them!

Leave a comment:

• lilbrosj66
    replied
    Originally posted by JediJaida
    Bring the hairline forward a bit and it might work.
    Definitely! She'll get a whole new "do" and complete re-paint.

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    Bring the hairline forward a bit and it might work.

Leave a comment:

• lilbrosj66
    replied
    Anyone else see it?

FTC Sue Ellen.jpg

Leave a comment:

• lilbrosj66
    replied
    Since I'm a Dallas fan and I have both versions of FTC's 12" Jr Ewing AND since I am pretty sure my dream of having a full line of Dallas figures will most likely never come true, I may do a re-root/re-paint on this 12" Daisy head and see if I can't pull off a 12" Sue Ellen Eweing! Bring on the shoulder pads and whiskey!
    Last edited by lilbrosj66; Jun 6, '16, 8:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thunderbolt
    replied
    Originally posted by scott metzger
    I think if they have gone ahead with this 12" body and all the costs for the molds, we can be pretty sure they'll be using it. I'd be VERY surprised if we didn't see something in 12" form (though I don't know if the Super Gals are a possibility. I seem to recall they couldn't do the DC Heroes in 12" because of something in the license). One can only hope an 18" body is in the offing; still want that Giganta/Apache Chief two pack...
    yeah, seems like if they could do 12 inch we would have already seen them. I'm guessing its got to do with Hot Toys or Sideshow having that scale license.

Leave a comment:

• scott metzger
    replied
    Thanks for the review; it does look like the Daisy head is dead on perfect scale. I decided to bite and get the head and body. Here's hoping for a regular head in this scale, as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎