FTC 12" Female Body Review.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilbrosj66
    replied
    Thanks. I'll give it a try with one of my FTC bodies.

Leave a comment:

• lilbrosj66
    replied
    Thanks. I'll give it a try with one of my FTC bodies.

Leave a comment:

• Mego Magyar
    replied
    image.jpg
    This is one I fixed and her isn't any flopping

Leave a comment:

• Mego Magyar
    replied
    Originally posted by lilbrosj66
    So how much of an improvement do you think it made? 50% More? Less? Sounds like a good solution.
    Worked great, I got the idea from how Docs female bodies are made with the ball built into the top torso.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    Umm, that's my point.

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    Yeah, but they don't have the same problem.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    Originally posted by Mego Magyar
    I've fixed the 8 inch floppy waist by flipping the ball over ( if necessary) so the smaller hole is down and glueing the ball to the top torso.
    I think the Breyer gals are designed this way, too.

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    Now for the big question, how much tension is too much tension. I don't want it flopping all over the place, but I don't want it too loose.

Leave a comment:

• lilbrosj66
    replied
    Originally posted by Mego Magyar
    I've fixed the 8 inch floppy waist by flipping the ball over ( if necessary) so the smaller hole is down and glueing the ball to the top torso.
    So how much of an improvement do you think it made? 50% More? Less? Sounds like a good solution.

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    Hmmm, that might work. I'll keep that in mind.

At least that way, you still have articulation in the waist at the bottom of the ball joint.

Leave a comment:

• Mego Magyar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lilbrosj66
    replied
    So I'm not sure about all of Mego's 12" female clothing but the Diana Ross dress and shoes fit her fine. The dress has some "give" around her hips and the shoes are rubbery enough to fit. She won't stand in them but then neither did Diana without the doll stand. Putting the original Mego female heads (Diana Ross, WW, Farrah, Cher, etc.) on this body would require some reworking of the neck post or the opening in the head but I'm sure it could be done. I'm thinking you could also utilize the accessories from Kenner's Bionic Woman line. This opens up customizing a bit more for this scale.

P1050233.jpg

P1050237.jpg

P1050240.jpg

Leave a comment:

• lilbrosj66
    replied
    Originally posted by JediJaida
    I have officially had it up to HERE with FTC!

The damned thing keeps flopping over!

I unstrung it and reversed the ball; it still flopped all over the place.

I cut the tension band, and restrung it BOTH ways, losing the little neck post thingie, and it STILL FREAKING FLOPPED OVER!!!

I wanted to like this figure. I really, really did! I dreamed about how it would be, but the dimwits at FTC failed again!

Instead of an all new, bandless design, they went with a tension band that was too darned tight, and a separate waist ball joint, instead of making the torso longer, and integrating the waist ball with the torso. It worked just fine for the Rood Supergirl, WHY couldn't they follow along with that?

Why keep using bands that have too much tension, resulting in floppy waists???

I'm going to call them on Monday and complain (nicely, of course) and ask for either a replacement that DOESN'T HAVE A FLOPPY WAIST!!!
    Sorry you are having so much trouble with yours. Mine is a little floppy but doesn't sound like it is anywhere near what yours is. The 8" female bodies are HORRIBLE with this issue.

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    I have officially had it up to HERE with FTC!

The damned thing keeps flopping over!

I unstrung it and reversed the ball; it still flopped all over the place.

I cut the tension band, and restrung it BOTH ways, losing the little neck post thingie, and it STILL FREAKING FLOPPED OVER!!!

I wanted to like this figure. I really, really did! I dreamed about how it would be, but the dimwits at FTC failed again!

Instead of an all new, bandless design, they went with a tension band that was too darned tight, and a separate waist ball joint, instead of making the torso longer, and integrating the waist ball with the torso. It worked just fine for the Rood Supergirl, WHY couldn't they follow along with that?

Why keep using bands that have too much tension, resulting in floppy waists???

I'm going to call them on Monday and complain (nicely, of course) and ask for either a replacement that DOESN'T HAVE A FLOPPY WAIST!!!

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    I think that they wouldn't fit. The body in question is very different from this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎