Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hasbro to bring back Kenner's Starting lineup figures.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprytel
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Marion
    On a related note I went a sports card show as a kid that had multiple dealers selling a 9' plastic Jordan figure with a shooting pose ( sorta like the remco Hulk )One dealer said they were factory overstock for an unproduced MJ shooting basket playset game. It would be interesting to see that item again if anyone else knows what I'm talking about.
    Was it the Enterbay figure?

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for NBA - Michael Jordan 1 9 Scale Action Figure ENTERBAY at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Leave a comment:

• warlock664
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Marion
    multiple dealers selling a 9' plastic Jordan figure with a shooting pose
    A 9-foot Jordan?!! Larger than life?
    Dang, where would you display something that big?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Marion
    replied
    On a related note I went a sports card show as a kid that had multiple dealers selling a 9' plastic Jordan figure with a shooting pose ( sorta like the remco Hulk )One dealer said they were factory overstock for an unproduced MJ shooting basket playset game. It would be interesting to see that item again if anyone else knows what I'm talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Brown Bear
    replied
    Still hoping we someday see more boxers as Mego’s

Leave a comment:

• monitor_ep
    replied
    This is what the Topps/Mego lineup should have been. Mego Starting Lineup would have been like printing money.

All I remember where those awful 'statue-action figures' that would hit the clearance stickers if they were not the hot sports figure at that time. To be truthful I never remember looking for them to resale at the comic book store.

Leave a comment:

• MrKnowitAll
    replied
    As short Round said in the Temple of doom-Big Mistake Indy!

Leave a comment:

• mego maniac mark
    replied
    Originally posted by rykerw1701
    I've got about two dozen of them they can have back. Anyone need a Ken O'Brien SLU? Anyone?
    Lol! As a jets fan I have him but don’t want him. I still have about 30 figures ranging from 88 Jordan to a 94 Messier

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Marion
    replied
    Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    I wasn't a sports guy, but these came out right as I was getting out of playing with toys. A lot of my school mates and friends were buying them. I kind of wanted in, because they were toys! They were completely acceptable to buy too, unlike action figures at that age. Very strange, really.
    Yep I remember my dad even getting into the game, excited to buy Dan Marino and Joe Montana. I told em he should pick up the rookie Favre because that guy was going to be really good.

Leave a comment:

• rykerw1701
    replied
    I've got about two dozen of them they can have back. Anyone need a Ken O'Brien SLU? Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• thunderbolt
    replied
    In partnership with Fanatics, the company that bought out Topps.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    I wasn't a sports guy, but these came out right as I was getting out of playing with toys. A lot of my school mates and friends were buying them. I kind of wanted in, because they were toys! They were completely acceptable to buy too, unlike action figures at that age. Very strange, really.

Leave a comment:

• Hasbro to bring back Kenner's Starting lineup figures.

Nothing I really collected but I remember these being huge in the late 80s to late 90s. Happy for the fans. I'm actually kind of surprised it took them so long to bring it back.

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎