Big Jim and Pulsar return in 2022... sort of

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powersthatbe
    replied
    So what is Mattel Creations? Is this something like mattycollector? and they should also do captain power and bravestarr

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied
    IMO, if Big Jim is released without his classic body he'll be a total flop

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    I think it's very exciting Mattel is digging into their catalog of IPs. It's nice to see Big Jim and MMM getting some love and Pulsar was a very pleasant surprise. I didn't think they'd ever revisit Pulsar. These "testing the waters" homages are good news for fans of those lines. You know I don't think any of this would be going on if Mattel hadn't lost the DC license. This forced them to think out of the box instead of just lazily pumping out the same DC figures and other licensed stuff they'd been doing. Same with MOTU and Monster High. Mattel has some of the most beloved IPs in the industry it's a shame they had been sitting on them so long.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    Big Jim was probably the best-designed classic action figure ever, and I would welcome a re-release. It would likely be very expensive, considering the complicated tooling/manufacturing.

But I welcome these homages. Of course, I'm also a huge Pulsar fan.

Leave a comment:

• monitor_ep
    replied
    I still remember seeing the original Big Jim figures and clothes while Mego were out back in the 70's. Never did understand why the went 10 inch when G. I. Joe was 12" and Mego was 8 inch. Thanks to my Mom's sewing skills she would take the outfits apart and resew them into Mego size so my brother & I could have more clothes/characters for our figures.

Leave a comment:

• Bionicfanboy66
    replied
    MC should have just reproduced the original figures. This is probably going to be a pass for me.

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied
    IMO, Big Jim IS his body features --- "break the muscle band !!! " --- "karate chop action"

As a 70's kid who LOVED/LOVES Big Jim (pre P.A.C.K.) with a passion i'll pass

Leave a comment:

• neogelion
    replied
    I think the bodies look more like the King Arthur and the Nights(?) toy line from the nineties.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    Ye gods, how does one get these?

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    That's wicked! I'm going to have to get those. Doing them Secret Wars style was a surprising and inspired choice.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    ^Oh, that's interesting. Are these the same size as Secret Wars? I know another company is using that buck (or one based on it) for the Amazing Heroes line of (mostly) public domain comic characters in the original scale.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    All the bodies are stamped Mattel 2020.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    Wow, using the Secret Wars buck is an interesting angle. Reminds me of how Mattel used the Big Jim tooling for the DC Mego-Like figures a few years back. Mattel never throws anything away!

Nice to see the Kirby Big Jim PACK art on that box too!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Makernaut
    replied
    The art on the packaging is enough to make me look forward to collecting the line. But I think the figures look great, too.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Brown Bear
    Is this an April Fools joke?! Please say no.
    It is not, my friend owns the factory samples, they're legit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎