Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego 3.75" body & Hasbro 3.75" body: influence or ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AcroRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Type Two
    I seem to remember a Micronauts figure with the swivel arm ("swivel bicep"?) feature. Can someone help?
    Sorry. No Micronauts had swivel biceps.

Leave a comment:

• Type Two
    replied
    I seem to remember a Micronauts figure with the swivel arm ("swivel bicep"?) feature. Can someone help?

Leave a comment:

• samurainoir
    replied
    Where did the arm swivel concept originate? LJN?

Leave a comment:

• AcroRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Thor
    The designs were very similar until hasbro came out with the arm swivel.
    That's not much of a change, though. They're still less-articulated overall than the original Time Travelers.

Leave a comment:

• Thor
    replied
    The designs were very similar until hasbro came out with the arm swivel.

Leave a comment:

• Type Two
    replied
    Also of note is that Mego released at least one "straight" body in a line populated by the new "o-ring" types: Chopper from CHiPs.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    This is all fascinating stuff. I've always kind of wondered about the similarities to some "pocket" Megos and RAH. It's also odd that the Super Heroes kept their "straight" bodies even after the change over from CAH.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• AcroRay
    replied
    Originally posted by TrueDave
    Good point on the artists/designers migrating to Hasbro.
    That's what I remeber happened with Aurora Models and the Addar Co.
    Addar and Aurora are both companies that utilized HMS Company as a design contractor. For example, both the original set of PREHISTORIC SCENES and the POTA kits both came off of HMS' drawing boards.

Leave a comment:

• TrueDave
    replied
    Good point on the artists/designers migrating to Hasbro.
    That's what I remeber happened with Aurora Models and the Addar Co.

Leave a comment:

• samurainoir
    replied
    This O-ring thing is fascinating, just because I've become familiar with the term from my brother who is active in GI Joe RAH collecting. Neat connection!

Leave a comment:

• AcroRay
    replied
    I might pursue it at my blog.

Leave a comment:

• Type Two
    replied
    Originally posted by AcroRay
    Compiled from various sources. IIRC
    Well, it all certainly is fascinating. Have YOU thought about writing it all up in an article?

Seriously!

Leave a comment:

• Type Two
    replied
    Last edited by Type Two; Jul 3, '11, 2:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AcroRay
    replied
    Originally posted by ddgaff1132
    Ya think Hasbro would have come up witha gimmick (Like GI Joe's thumb) to solidify the patent rights.
    If they could have, they would have. But if they were courting Takara - as I believe they were via their Transformers relationship - it might have been somewhat problematic, so they might have simply not pursued the matter.

Leave a comment:

• AcroRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Type Two
    Yeah, yeah, that's it.

Just reading through this information again and still find it fascinating. If I may address you directly, AcroRay, where did you run across this information? An article somewhere, perhaps?
    Compiled from various sources. IIRC - Microbry found out about the O-ring patent issue from Takara's Minoru Sashida, who learned it from Ogawa - the designer himself. Otherwise, it's really just common background knowledge to veteran Micronaut collectors.

HMS company is legendary in older toy collector circles, among some folks here, and Aurora kit collectors. Those of us who followed the repeated eBay auctions of the company's old files contents learned a lot about just who they were designing for (i.e. - everyone).
    Last edited by AcroRay; Jul 3, '11, 12:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎