Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Type 2 Mad Monsters Frankenstein Have Different Boots?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Werewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by josephcardone
    You know what - it is difficult to show in a picture!
    Yep! I remember I had a heck of a time trying to get those pics to turn out for the accessory check. I ended up putting the figures on my scanner. They are very different in person.

Leave a comment:

• josephcardone
    replied
    You know what - it is difficult to show in a picture! They really are very different. I just looked at the accessory check and it is tough to see the difference too.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Does anyone have pix of the unique sculpted hands of Mego T2 monsters? They're not even in the Galleries--only standard T2 hands in glow plastic.
    There is a pic in the accessory check.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    I really need to update the Museum entries on these. I get so mixed up at every MegoMeet as to what Monsters I have/don't have.

Leave a comment:

• josephcardone
    replied
    IMG_0761.jpgHere is a picture of the comparison (Lion Rock/Mego)
    Last edited by josephcardone; Jul 1, '14, 8:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• josephcardone
    replied
    I will take a picture for you.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Does anyone have pix of the unique sculpted hands of Mego T2 monsters? They're not even in the Galleries--only standard T2 hands in glow plastic.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 30, '14, 9:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• josephcardone
    replied
    Ahh rats - just when you thought that was it!! Sent you a PM

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    Still need one more...The end of the line plastic snap variant for Dracula:

Brought it to the Meet this year and it got a couple of looks. Still have it in my stuff for sale

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    The MM hand debate is enduring, it seems. My boxed T2 Frank had standard glow hands; I've never seen the more unique sculpted versions.

And so many variations! I'm searching for LR Dracula & Mummy heads in unique vinyl colors.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Meanie
    replied
    Originally posted by josephcardone
    Thought I would share a group picture (I still need a Type 2 - non Lion Rock Wolfman - If anyone has one they would like to sell - then my quest would be complete )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11459[/ATTACH]
    Still need one more...The end of the line plastic snap variant for Dracula:

Brought it to the Meet this year and it got a couple of looks. Still have it in my stuff for sale

Leave a comment:

• josephcardone
    replied
    Thought I would share a group picture (I still need a Type 2 - non Lion Rock Wolfman - If anyone has one they would like to sell - then my quest would be complete )

IMG_0757.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    The Type 2 Mego MM have the same boots as the Type 1 MM. The Lion Rock Wolfman and Frankenstein have different boots than the Mego T1 and T2 MM. Lion Rock Monsters also have different hands than the T2 Mego MM. LR Monsters use standard Mego hands molded in glow plastic. T2 Mad Monsters have unique hands with spread apart fingers molded in glow plastic. All the T2 Mego Monsters share the same hands. There are no hairy T2 Wolfman hands.

Leave a comment:

• cjefferys
    replied
    Yeah, I have a solid boxed T2 Frankie and he has the standard boots. I'm guessing the later carded ones from 1980 had the Lion Rock boots, along with other differences.

Leave a comment:

• skid14
    replied
    there are two type 2 versions. i havent researched it that far. maybe a mego set and the lion rock/toys r us set. i know theres some difference in wolfmans fur and the color of some of the heads....i dunno what else. my set of T2s are mismatched...

Leave a comment:

• josephcardone
    replied
    After the monsterthon last year that Bryan had (I spent all my savings on the blue hair frankenstein and red hair dracula) - I then sought all the other variations. There seems to be 2 different type 2 variations - As far as I know the one with the different boots is a Lion Rock

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎