Mego Corp Reveals from MegoMeet/Powercon

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blastphemey
    replied
    Never seen Ted Lasso but that is an absolutely perfect Jason Sudeikis sculpt

Leave a comment:

• Xavion2004
    replied
    Originally posted by sprytel
    I think it is probably the DC style guide to blame. The recent Funko figure is very similar with the gold helmet and yellow costume:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36043[/ATTACH]
    That’s a great point. I keep forgetting about the style guide and how rigid DC can be about their licensors adhering to it. Mego might not have had much say in the matter.

Please don’t get me wrong. It’s a great looking figure, and I think those who have preordered will be very happy with him. I’m sure I’ll end up with one myself given how big a fan I am of the character and how much I wanted one when I was a kid. The yellow/gold thing has just been a thorn in my side since I became an adult collector 25 years ago. This certainly isn’t the first time, and it certainly won’t be the last.

Leave a comment:

• nubee
    replied
    Originally posted by sprytel
    I think it is probably the DC style guide to blame. The recent Funko figure is very similar with the gold helmet and yellow costume:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36043[/ATTACH]
    I am ok with this color scheme too: The helmet and amulet match. On the shown pic, Fate has a gold helmet and yellow Amulet. Kinda' odd in my opinion but I pre-ordered 2 of 'em....and I do not have any regrets.

Leave a comment:

• sprytel
    replied

41jLM1GB6yL._AC_.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Jase
    replied
    Count me in the Yellow > Gold camp. I may end up painting the Fate head. I’ve always preferred the yellow over gold when it comes to Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel, Flash, and Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Jase; Aug 21, '23, 9:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nubee
    replied
    Originally posted by Xavion2004
    I’m not sure I can get past that. Putting my own yellow > gold bias aside, as a 50th anniversary figure, the idea is to get as close as possible to what Mego would have actually released circa 1973-1976, and they would have never gone with gold over yellow in the mid 70s.

I agree that the figure itself is very well done. I’m just a real stickler when it comes to what falls under the 50th Anniversary umbrella.
    I personally would have preferred Mego made one gold and one in yellow...in equal quantity....no dang "chase" figure, like ToyBiz did with Marvel Legends. The one shown does seem a little odd with a gold helmet and yellow Amulet of Anubis. I wished Mego would make both the same color. Regardless, I already ordered two....even before the pics were up. Now where is the Spectre and the rest of the All-StarSquadron

Leave a comment:

• Xavion2004
    replied
    Originally posted by greensavage2000
    They did the thing I don't like that gets done to Dr. Fate and Captain Marvel every so often: Some of the costume is yellow and some of it's gold. I much prefer if they go with all one or the all the other. They being said here it doesn't bother me too much. Maybe because it looks so nicely done.
    I’m not sure I can get past that. Putting my own yellow > gold bias aside, as a 50th anniversary figure, the idea is to get as close as possible to what Mego would have actually released circa 1973-1976, and they would have never gone with gold over yellow in the mid 70s.

I agree that the figure itself is very well done. I’m just a real stickler when it comes to what falls under the 50th Anniversary umbrella.

Leave a comment:

• Figure8
    replied
    Wow. I can't wait for this wave to materialize. I really wasn't sure if Mego would do characters like Firestorm or RT and now this is another dream coming true! Like most people here (I guess) I favor a vintage look, but Nightwing looks so cool, he's a must-buy - just like this whole wave.

Leave a comment:

• hizzy
    replied
    Dr Fate looks great!! Thanks for the video!!

Leave a comment:

• TrekStar
    replied
    Great video, I agree on the excellent Brainiac sculpt. I have my own cool custom of the Talosian, but I can’t wait to get my hands on the released mego version along with the Andorian Ambassador.

Leave a comment:

• Krypt0nite
    replied
    Brainiac’s head sculpt is fantastic. I will be switching out his outfit with the one from FTC and he will be perfect.

Leave a comment:

• greensavage2000
    replied
    I forgot to mention how good that Brainiac head sculpt looks. I think the only ones I wouldn't have oohed and aahed were Anabelle, Creep, Krampus, Daemon, Rhenyra, Lasso and Griswold.

I'm hoping the actual Deadman they produce looks better than this photo. I still would've made some noise for him though.

Red Tornado and Firestorm might be my favorites but pretty much loved all the DC and Star Trek.

Leave a comment:

• Count_Popula
    replied
    It was interesting being in the room when this video played. Dr. Fate & Brainiac drew 'oohs' and 'aahs'. The Talosian got straight up applause. Other figures ... the room was quiet on.

I trust the Mego crew were reading the room. We're an, ahem, mature fanbase. The more classic something is, the more we like it. We can't get enough of Silver Age superheroes and Star Trek TOS.

Leave a comment:

• greensavage2000
    replied
    I completely agree. Brainiac should be in the pink and white. Where's that costume from anyway?
    Bizarro should be in the classic red and blue. Well I do have an extra 50th anniversary Superman I got cheap at Walmart because it had a damaged box. Might have to do a head swap and swap or make a new S.
    Don't get me wrong about Bizarro and Brainiac. I still like what they're putting out. Just would prefer...
    They did the thing I don't like that gets done to Dr. Fate and Captain Marvel every so often: Some of the costume is yellow and some of it's gold. I much prefer if they go with all one or the all the other. They being said here it doesn't bother me too much. Maybe because it looks so nicely done.
    I'm very much looking forward to these.
    Last edited by greensavage2000; Aug 16, '23, 12:00 AM. Reason: Didn't finish

Leave a comment:

• nubee
    replied
    Many thanks for the clear video

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍