Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Intellivision and Colecovision retro consoles coming in October!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgiabuff
    replied
    I ordered the Atari, sega and colecovision for my kids for Christmas. we'll see who plays hem more, them or me, lol

Leave a comment:

• Figuremod73
    replied
    Theres no Imagic or Activision though and thats most of the best games. If they had Included Phoenix and Moon Patrol on the Atari FB, I would get it just for that. I wouldnt mind getting the Wal-mart version just for new wired controllers.

Leave a comment:

• HardyGirl
    replied
    Oh, OK, it's 93. Well that's certainly better than 5!

Originally posted by jwyblejr
    No,it has more than five games. It's just called Atari Flashback 5,meaning it's the fifth version they've done.

Leave a comment:

• jwyblejr
    replied
    Originally posted by HardyGirl
    I still have my Atari 2600 and my Intellivision II in my room, (just not hoooked up) and 220 games between the 2 of them.

What's up w/ the Retro Atari only having 5 games and charging the same amount as the others w/ more games?
    No,it has more than five games. It's just called Atari Flashback 5,meaning it's the fifth version they've done.

Leave a comment:

• Figuremod73
    replied
    I'm not entirely sold on the Colecovision flashback so far, does anyone have one and have issues with the controls? I would have been more likely to snatch it up if it had included Mousetrap and Burgertime. I'm slighly puzzled that Frogger wasnt even included on it.

Leave a comment:

• Action Martin
    replied
    The list of games

Leave a comment:

• huedell
    replied
    Originally posted by Werewolf
    I like the Intellivision FB over the Colecovision one. Better games and even the Intellivoice ones.
    Intellivision gives me the willies, so I have no desire to look at that list of games. HowEVER I found the full list of games for Colecovision console. My GOODNESS are you right about poor game selection. There's, like, 60 games, yet I only recognize a few names. There's no excuse for that. If they can't swing something a diehard Colecovision guy like me would be interested in, how would they expect lesser-vid-game-geeks to be interested.

Leave a comment:

• Figuremod73
    replied
    It comes with around 10 of them. Not available yet but they should be on www.intellivisionlives.com in the near future.

The next version needs some of those cool homebrews that are being made.

Leave a comment:

• Hedji
    replied
    Does the Intellivision FB come with all the plastic inserts for the controllers?

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    I like the Intellivision FB over the Colecovision one. Better games and even the Intellivoice ones.

Leave a comment:

• Figuremod73
    replied
    I went ahead and got the Intellivision Flashback this morning since it was the first system I ever owned. That controller is still as cumbersome as ever but definately cant be replicated any other way except for the real thing. I have a old CRT that i'm going to have to hook a VCR to for the cable to get the full effect. This system seems to be fine so far from what ive played, I dont have any of the other new ones.
    intellivision.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Figuremod73
    replied
    ^ I'm interested in the Ouya but I'm waiting till a newer model that can run some of the newer systems a little smoother. It can just barely play Nintendo 64 at the moment.

I have one of the handheld Sega Genesis systems from Atgames (a older model). It has a SD slot and can be hookedup to a tv. It'll never beat a real genesis but its nice to have packed when you go off somewhere. I'm really interested in the Intellivision flashback but its a harder sell without stuff like Bump 'n Jump and Burger time not on it.

A atari flashback 2 can be made to play cartridge with some know how, I think I read the new ones cant be done that way though. We'll see...

Leave a comment:

• mazinz
    replied
    Originally posted by Figuremod73
    Thats the best way to play the old systems. It would have been really nice if they had added a cartridge slot. These systems are lacking alot if theres no Activision and Parker Bros. titles on them. Theres really no telling how long those old systems will be operational unless they can be sent somewhere for servicing so clones that are really close to the original hardware would be nice to have available.
    StopNshop is selling the Atari one with 90 built in games along with the Sega one that has 80 games but also features a cartridge slot. I still have many of these older systems but if I want to play an old game i do it via an emulator. Just wondering how long it might be before someone figures a way to tap into this retro new systems so that you can either change or add more games to what is currently supplied

Leave a comment:

• Figuremod73
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Banner
    Still thinking of getting these, but in the meantime I still have my original Intellivision and ColecoVision consoles hooked up to my old TV.
    Thats the best way to play the old systems. It would have been really nice if they had added a cartridge slot. These systems are lacking alot if theres no Activision and Parker Bros. titles on them. Theres really no telling how long those old systems will be operational unless they can be sent somewhere for servicing so clones that are really close to the original hardware would be nice to have available.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Banner
    replied
    Still thinking of getting these, but in the meantime I still have my original Intellivision and ColecoVision consoles hooked up to my old TV.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎