Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Werewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by MegoSteve
    FYI, Werewolf, I downloaded the patch for High Velocity Bowling and using it with the Move kind of sucked, especially if you're used to Wii Bowling. The velocity is all screwed up and hooking is darned near impossible. Not intuitive at all.
    Bummer, I was hoping it would fix the control. Holding the DS3 on its side is really awkward. Never got into Wii Bowling. It never seemed to respond to what you were actually doing.

Leave a comment:

• SlipperyLilSuckers
    replied
    ^ D'oh I am waiting for my order to arrive. I think it is going to get better as far as the range of games available. I am looking forward to shooting. I have read that the move is far more responsive than the WII. Guess I will see soon.

Leave a comment:

• MegoSteve
    replied
    Originally posted by JDeRouen
    What is shovelware?
    What Werewolf said, pretty much. I always think of it as software publishers seeing a huge demand for titles, and shoveling any old crap out into the market to try to fulfill that need. The Wii is a perfect example of this... huge console seller, and most of the software for it is absolute garbage designed to cash in. A lot of the folks who bought the Wii are casual gamers/little kids/parents/grandparents who don't read game reviews and aren't super-sophisticated consumers of games, so they're the perfect target audience for "Barbie Fashion Horseback Riding Adventures into Stunning Boringdom 2009 Plus 1001 Bonus Minigames."

My friend picked up a Move controller tonight since he already had a PS3 camera, and we played a couple of the demos from the Playstation Store. At this point, it feels like all of the Move stuff is either tech demos or basically the same old thing the Wii gave us almost four years ago. I did like playing Table Tennis in Sports Challenge, and Badminton was fun, but it all just feels like a retread with HD graphics. I was picking on him for getting all excited over how cool Tumble is, because it's basically stacking up blocks, which you can do if you just buy a box of wooden blocks.

I'm pretty biased, though. I think motion control is a pretty shallow gimmick and I have little to no interest in Move or Kinect. I got rid of my Wii about three years ago and don't miss it at all.

FYI, Werewolf, I downloaded the patch for High Velocity Bowling and using it with the Move kind of sucked, especially if you're used to Wii Bowling. The velocity is all screwed up and hooking is darned near impossible. Not intuitive at all.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by JDeRouen
    What is shovelware?
    Cheap quickly made extremely low quality software.

Leave a comment:

• JDeRouen
    replied
    What is shovelware?

Leave a comment:

• SlipperyLilSuckers
    replied
    Originally posted by The Bat
    I plan to pick up the Xbox version...which requires "no Controller". It does a Body scan of you, and registers your movements.
    That sounds pretty impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by The Bat
    I plan to pick up the Xbox version...which requires "no Controller". It does a Body scan of you, and registers your movements.
    I'm kinda wary of the no controller part but hopefully it will be really nice. Let us know how it turns out out when you get one.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 29, '10, 5:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Bat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    All the patches and keys are region specific, unfortunately.

I thought the Plus subscription was an okay option at first for those that wanted it. But the early demos, "free games" that you wouldn't be able to play anymore if your subscription expired and the slight discounts on stuff I don't want isn't worth $50 year to me. Kinda miffed at Sony of America right now for delaying a game patch to non subscribers.

Hopefully enough people complained. Making game patches and updates subscriber exclusives is not going to do Sony of American any favors and sets a bad precedent of delaying or charging for future game patches and updates. "Want the new system update? It's exclusive to Plus. Sign up now so you can continue to access PSN and use your PS3." I better not give them ideas.

Leave a comment:

• SlipperyLilSuckers
    replied
    Don't worry, there are similar complaints from Playstation Eu/Australia etc.

I am thinking of joining PS Plus (Eu), so if I do, I will copy any keys and stuff you need...if I can.

Leave a comment:

• MegoSteve
    replied
    That's definitely ridiculous. If you have a friend that has Plus, they could probably download it for you by logging into your machine with their account.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    It gets even better today.

When I tried to play the game today the first thing I had to do was download a patch when I loaded up the game. Get this, the patch I downloaded was the Move patch. But I still can't use the patch I had to download because if you are not a Playstation Plus subscriber you are not allowed to download what turned out to be a 100 KB "key" from the Playstation Network store which is needed to "unlock" the patch. So, yeah, even though I had to download the patch, I still cant use it.

Lol, talk about a comedy of errors on Sony of America's part.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 21, '10, 3:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Okay, this is kinda ticking me off.

The High Velocity Bowling Move patch was finally added to the NA store. The problem is, it is excusive to Playstation Plus in NA. Meaning you have to subscribe to the what has been described as the "optional" Playstation Plus subscription to get a patch for a game you already bought. The patch is also available for free on the EU Playstation store to everyone in that region.

Sony has also now issued the game on Blu-Ray disc with built in Move support. Great for people that haven't bought it yet but sucks for people that already did because they aren't getting the patch without the "optional" $50 a year Playstation Plus subscription.

It's really going to suck if Sony is going to deny game patches to people in NA that don't subscribe to their "optional" $50 a year subscription service. It also seems kinda stupid on their part when they are denying so many gamers a Move patch when they want to sell and promote the Move as much as possible.

I was looking forward to the patch because the game doesn't control all that great with the sixaxis.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 21, '10, 8:30 PM. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by MegoSteve
    but I don't want the PS3 and Xbox 360 to be overrun by shovelware like the Wii is.
    Agreed.

The move launch titles are hit and miss (mostly miss) but the controllers themselves are very precise and works with traditional games like Resident Evil 5, Socom, Tron Evolution and the upcoming Killzone sequel. Unfortunately all the Kinect stuff I've seen so far reaks of shovelware. Which is sadly to be expected. Can't really control regular games by flailing your hands around in front of a camera.

Leave a comment:

• MegoSteve
    replied
    I saw this for sale on Friday, which was shocking because I thought the street date was today. I'm on the fence about all of this Wii-influenced motion control... I honestly don't care one way or the other, but I don't want the PS3 and Xbox 360 to be overrun by shovelware like the Wii is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎