Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrimsonGhost
    replied
    Originally posted by Werewolf
    Of the new movies I like Rogue One and Last Jedi the least. I don't think they are bad movies I just didn't enjoy them as much as Solo or Force Awakens. On the Prequel movies, people seem to hate them with a passion or blindly worship. All hyperbole aside, they are just kind of meh to me at this point. I don't think they are all that great but they certainly don't make me mad or anything either and I did really like the Clone Wars animated series. Haven't seen Mandalorian. Looks perfectly fine, though.

My unpopular movie opinion: I love the Minions. I think they are adorable.
    Man, I’m on board with pretty much everything you wrote. I like parts of Last Jedi a lot, but I think it’s a mess story wise. I’m not all that motivated to see Rise, but I at least want to finish the “story”. I guess.

I don’t consider myself much of a writer, but even I know it would be wise to work out your trilogy by writing the entire thing at once.

The Mandalorian is the closest thing in tone to the original trilogy yet. I dislike the Xena: Warrior Princess vibe, but there’s a lot to like otherwise. Before that, I would have said Solo was the closest.

Leave a comment:

• EMCE Hammer
    replied
    I forgot Harvey Korman and Martin Mull!

Leave a comment:

• EMCE Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by palitoy
    Jingle all the way? Oh Moore, you had a spotless record with me too, -1.
    That was close - I was headed to the PO tomorrow with your "Eh It's Turboman!" custom. I was going to start a tradition where I mailed you a custom from the movie each year as a gift. Jim Belushi would have kicked ***......Arnie, Sinbad, Earth T Anakin, Phil Hartman, Robert Conrad, Mrs. Tom Hanks, Chris Parnell - best cast ever assembled

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Of the new movies I like Rogue One and Last Jedi the least. I don't think they are bad movies I just didn't enjoy them as much as Solo or Force Awakens. On the Prequel movies, people seem to hate them with a passion or blindly worship. All hyperbole aside, they are just kind of meh to me at this point. I don't think they are all that great but they certainly don't make me mad or anything either and I did really like the Clone Wars animated series. Haven't seen Mandalorian. Looks perfectly fine, though.

My unpopular movie opinion: I love the Minions. I think they are adorable.

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied
    As long as it is better than that mess called The Last Jedi I will be happy.

We're going to see it tomorrow...

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Jingle all the way? Oh Moore, you had a spotless record with me too, -1.

Leave a comment:

• EMCE Hammer
    replied
    Trapped in Paradise, Jingle all the Way, and Christmas with the Kranks always make someone's worst holiday movie list, and by God I think they're classics. I don't hate the prequels either. I'm not a SW fanatic but honestly my hopes are in whatever comes after Rise of Skywalker. I'm taking my kids and some of their friends tomorrow night and I hope they enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Hector
    Agreed. But I just didn’t like the movies except for Rogue One and to a lesser extent, Solo. So I’m going from past experiences, so it’s a rental for me. Having said that, loving The Mandalorian.
    And I thought Rogue one was the worst one, just goes to show that it's all relative. I liked Solo and agree that Mandalorian is a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• Hector
    replied
    Originally posted by palitoy
    I have no faith in the internet consensus when it comes to properties with neo-religious fan bases. I've thought movies with a 99% fresh were lame and I've cheered at ones with 14% ratings.
    Agreed. But I just didn’t like the movies except for Rogue One and to a lesser extent, Solo. So I’m going from past experiences, so it’s a rental for me. Having said that, loving The Mandalorian.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    I have no faith in the internet consensus when it comes to properties with neo-religious fan bases. I've thought movies with a 99% fresh were lame and I've cheered at ones with 14% ratings.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    I think some people just have unrealistic expectations. Like, they expect it to be some kind of a life changing event. I'm sure it will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Sideshow Spock
    replied
    Reviews are pouring in.. the consensus is..

Leave a comment:

• Godzilla
    replied
    I'm in. I really liked Last Jedi and I'm excited to see how it all ends.

Leave a comment:

• Brue
    replied
    I'm all in. I have already bought tickets for Dec 21st for my family.

Leave a comment:

• Hector
    replied
    Redbox rental.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍