The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien Prequel art

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fallensaviour
    replied
    Originally posted by jwyblejr
    I've never been able to watch AvP 2 all the way through. You can barely see anything they made it took dark. I'm sitting there going what this? What's that? No clue what was going on.
    No kidding.I thought I was the only person to feel this way.I have no idea what happened in the film as it was pitch black for 3/4's of the film.
    Avp one was great in my opinion.

    Alien and Aliens were fantastic.Aliens was by far one of the best sequels ever made bar none.
    Aliens 3 and alien resurrection were utter crap.

    To tell you the truth after 3 and 4 I really don't expect much from this one.Maybe that is a good thing as now I will go in with really low expectations...

    Leave a comment:


  • Cmonster
    replied
    Originally posted by palitoy
    I wish Alien would go away.
    Yup, and take Predator with it.

    SC

    Leave a comment:


  • jwyblejr
    replied
    I've never been able to watch AvP 2 all the way through. You can barely see anything they made it took dark. I'm sitting there going what this? What's that? No clue what was going on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mikey
    replied
    I never seen any of the AvP's

    I'd rather listen to opera music than watch AvP

    BTW, I really crazy hate opera

    Leave a comment:


  • Gorn Captain
    replied
    Well, I liked them all, with the exception of AvP2.
    Alien was a classic, especially for its time, blazing the path for many great movies. I liked the slow pace, great characters, and grim mood. Maybe the only "disappointment" was seeing the actual Alien (hey, it's a guy in a suit!). I was expecting what we later saw in Carpenter's The Thing. If you check out the first sketches, that's what they were aiming for, too, but didn't manage.
    Aliens was a real Western, guns blazing, and if there was one "letdown", it was that a whole bunch of aliens took away from the mystique of just one, taking out a whole crew.
    It took some getting used to, but Alien3 is a great movie, you just need to get a grip on the "downer mood" it has. It basically says: "yeah, the heroes survived, and then Life decides to pull the rug out and kill them off anyway. Very grim, and so is Life, unfortunately. It actually mirrors The Thing, in that respect. Everybody dies.
    I liked Resurrection, loved the space pirates (man, I need to customize some figures of those guys), I just hated (with a vengeance) the Newborn. Who gave the OK on that turkey? Mixing human and Alien doesn't work. I like spaghetti and I like strawberries, but not blended together...
    Hey, what's wrong with AvP?
    Great location with the pyramid, the usual suspects to kill off, and good fights between Predators and Aliens. I just wish they hadn't killed off two Predators so soon into the movie.
    And Avp2? What an abomination. It's like a rejected Friday the 13th script (replace Jason by Alien), a total rip-off from Aliens near the end, and a really stupid design for the creature. I couldn't even stand having the DVD in my collection.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Batman Professor
    replied
    I love SE7EN, but killing Newt and Hicks was completely uncalled for. Took me a long time to accept ALIEN 3 as even existing.

    Just watched the "Director's Cut" on Blu-Ray last week, and it's a well made film. I now consider it an "alternate reality" from the first two. In my mind, Hicks, Newt, and Ripley got home and lived happily ever after.

    Leave a comment:


  • kennermike
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikey01
    I agree.

    Killing the little girl off and showing her autopsy imo pushed Alien-3 into crude exploitation film catagory.

    Most if not all filmakers would not go that way unless they were a real sleezeball.

    Alien-3 is a piece of garbage
    Thats David Fincher for you he sucks DB !

    Leave a comment:


  • The Batman Professor
    replied
    Am I the only one that finds AVP1 entertaining? Hell, I like it better than 3, 4, or the abortion that was AVP2.

    Alien Queen vs. Predator? Pure Sci-Fi fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bruce Banner
    replied
    Always loved Alien, definitely a bona fide SF benchmark, and also I think Aliens is a great sequel (one of the very best sequels of all time, IMHO), praiseworthy for not simply rehashing the tone and format of the original.
    I've come to appreciate Alien 3 a lot more over the past ten years or so, and I do like the extended cut with the reinstated subplots, etc.

    But still can't enjoy Alien Resurrection.

    The new movie has a lot of promise. I really like the idea of showing us more of the Space Jockey and his kind... that guy has fascinated me ever since I first saw the original movie!


    Leave a comment:


  • Mikey
    replied
    Originally posted by babycyclops
    I still can't forgive Fincher for killing off the characters of Newt and Hicks. .
    I agree.

    Killing the little girl off and showing her autopsy imo pushed Alien-3 into crude exploitation film catagory.

    Most if not all filmakers would not go that way unless they were a real sleezeball.

    Alien-3 is a piece of garbage
    Last edited by Mikey; Nov 25, '10, 10:26 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bo8a_Fett
    replied
    Alien is still a great movie, visually it is still fantastic...Aliens was great but essentially a war movie. I too love Alien 3 which tried to get back to the essance of the first movie with a single creature menacing a multitude of people, 4 was more of a aliens remake...avp and avp2 were forgettable. I think what makes the differance with the prequal is the fact that Ridley Scott is back on board. Apparently both him and Camerron asked to do prequals or sequals which would lead into avp but were told no which is a real shame.

    Leave a comment:


  • babycyclops
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfie
    Am i the only person in the world who liked Alien 3?
    I still can't forgive Fincher for killing off the characters of Newt and Hicks. Although it was a bold move to start off his contribution to the cycle, it was just so mean. I s'pose it was a way to drop Ripley in another hopeless situation alone. Style-wise I didn't mind 3, though I hated it on first viewing, I have to admit it has grown on me a little bit, and I think it's a masterpiece compared to 4.
    Alien and Aliens are the only ones I'd have on my DVD shelf, though.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackKnight
    replied
    I wish AvsP Woulda Started off where Aliens 4 Left off ..., Hollywood Killed a good thing.
    Aliens 4 is my Favorite of the Series.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mikey
    replied
    I always liked Alien and Alien-2 but that's where I stop.

    The other ones don't interest me.

    As far as a prequel, that don't interest me either.

    It was a good movie that unfortunately got caught up in the Hollywood sequel machine and turned to crap like Jaws.

    Leave a comment:


  • clemso
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfie
    Am i the only person in the world who liked Alien 3?
    Yes!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎