Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

The thing that rubbed me the wrong way was both volumes do NOT have library of Congress numbers or any type of identification. Because before I actually owned any of these boos, I tried to use Inter-Loan library to borrow a copy and couldn't. I will say if your a HB freak like I am this is worth getting.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
      Career Member
      • Jun 8, 2015

The greatest super team of all time? The first and the best?? Well I am a fan and when this was first advertised I was Gobsmacked!! The first one came out and the second one came out about six months late? Or was it a year?? And...
      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
        Career Member
        • Jun 8, 2015

These PVC sets are a treasure to look at. I never got the villains or the JLA sets. Maybe some day. Would have been nice if Superman, Batman, Robin and Power Girl were included in another set. If wishes were horses...
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
          Career Member
          • Jun 8, 2015

Bonus: while again not a toy, I had to post this. I scored this at Wizard 1997 where I met Mr and Mrs. Martin Nodell and Carrie Nodell. This would be a almost annual event either here in Chicago at Wizard or San Diego. Mrs. Nodell would always have here fingers covered in lantern rings?! . God rest in peace and thank you both.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

I managed to post at least one toy a day on my Instagram for the entire month of November.

ALL of my pics were vintage (pre-2000).

check 'em out at instagram.com/henshinbeat
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

#ToyVember

Popy Evel Knievel.

He featured a unique helmet design, different from the 3 Ideal versions

The diminutive one pictured with his Ideal Brothers

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

That was a lot of fun seeing so many cool toys. Kind of sad to see it end. We will have to do this again next year.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

I think next year I'll pick a new theme. This year was vintage, maybe next year I'll do all Tokusatsu, or all 80s or something.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by B-Lister
                    I managed to post at least one toy a day on my Instagram for the entire month of November.

ALL of my pics were vintage (pre-2000).

check 'em out at instagram.com/henshinbeat

Justin, finally checked out your page, some question if you don't mind

Yer K-9, no box? here's a FYI, if your looking for more DR WHO vintage, check out Ebay-UK, there will pop up from time to time something you want!!

Is your Sam Goody doing "ok"? or is it selling off what they have? Is it in danger of closing? Sam Goody hasn't been in the Chicago area for over a decade. Surprised we still have FYE!

"So Crazy Japanese toys" and "Tokyo Underground" are they Definitive books or just ok? Even though I can't read Japanese, I have always loved: UCHUSEN magazine, that to me was the real deal for Kaiju toys.

Feb7-22, have a great time, What cities do you plan to visit? Apparently the "Gang: at G FAn plan to do another G TOUR!?!??

G-FAN.com, brought to you by Daikaiju Enterprises Ltd. is the home of G-FAN magazine, G-FEST and G-TOUR.

How much should ONE budget for such a venture? One Punter told me $5000, but honestly I think $10,000 is more realistic.

Thanks Mate, much appreciated!!

JG.

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Justin, finally checked out your page, some question if you don't mind

Yer K-9, no box? here's a FYI, if your looking for more DR WHO vintage, check out Ebay-UK, there will pop up from time to time something you want!!
                      This K-9 is the Dapol not the Denys Fisher version. It was sold carded.

Is your Sam Goody doing "ok"? or is it selling off what they have? Is it in danger of closing? Sam Goody hasn't been in the Chicago area for over a decade. Surprised we still have FYE!
                      My local Sam Goody is really just Sam Goody in name. Inside it is 100% FYE

"So Crazy Japanese toys" and "Tokyo Underground" are they Definitive books or just ok? Even though I can't read Japanese, I have always loved: UCHUSEN magazine, that to me was the real deal for Kaiju toys.
                      Not definitive. Sadly there are very few books on the subject that i'd consider to be definitive. So Crazy is an overview. Tokyo Underground is actually a travel guide to the toy shops of Tokyo. But it was published over a decade ago, and many of the shops have closed or moved. It's still useful, but is very out of date.

if you want a comprehensive guide to Godzilla vinyl, my advice is the book "Vinyl Conflict" it's actually an auction catalog selling off one of the largest and most prestigious collections of Godzilla toys (the Mark Livolsi collection).

Feb7-22, have a great time, What cities do you plan to visit? Apparently the "Gang: at G FAn plan to do another G TOUR!?!??

http://www.g-fan.com/html/gtour4.php
                      I'll be there again in the second half of April. Only visiting Tokyo for sure, though I may venture to Yokohama or Chiba depending on what's going on that time of year.

we discussed perhaps going to Osaka for a day or two. It's still a possibility, but i'd have to calculate costs foe the train and hotel.

How much should ONE budget for such a venture? One Punter told me $5000, but honestly I think $10,000 is more realistic.

First trip, I budgeted $5000, and filled a suitcase. Had a blast, but promised I'd double the budget the next time. Which I did. I filled another suitcase, but still had money leftover.

It REALLY depends on what you're going for. If you collect Chogokin, you're gonna spend a lot. Vintage starts in the low hundreds, but gets wild for bigger/popular pieces. Especially the better condition, and complete items. Jumbos? It'll cost a lot to get them home. Vinyl? You can soend a little or a lot. It's really one of the major Japanese vintage toy subgenres that it's still affordable to collect in. You can get a lot without spending a lot. Sure, hou can go wild on limited editions, or ultra rare vintage pieces, but you can also build an impressive collection with a modest budget. And if you collect keshi? (Eraser fifures) the sky's the limit. You can bring home bins of common stuff, and still splurge on some rarities.

Thanks Mate, much appreciated!!

JG.
                      Last edited by B-Lister; Dec 6, '23, 4:59 PM.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 8, 2015

Hi Justin, well, first off I found the Vinyl Conflict book and am gonna get a copy, thank you!!! Looks good!!

The "Dream" was to go to Nippon me and my mate, Paul Prischman and check out all the Metal Bootleg shops, buy Kaiju toys, see Shinjuku and as much of the country as possible and sadly, he died 12/20/2009. And for years, it didn't register on my radar. Even with all the hoopla from G-Tours 1,2 , 3 & 3.5 As I mentioned their are plans afoot to have a G-Tour 4, but I really don't want to be at the "mercy" of the "Powers that be" for that tour. But again I have no choice in the matter for years I have talked to prominent people in the "G-Fan Community" to organize their OWN tours of Nippon, but it hasn't happened. AS I just turned 58 two weeks ago, I realize my time MAY or MAY not be long on this plane of existence. I would like to walk the streets of Tokyo, go to Budokan, stand on the stage at the TOKYO DOME, where MR BIG & VAN HALEN have. Go to Okinawa and see Mr. Myagi's homeland (even though they never actually shot in Japan! HAHA) Travel on the Bullet train, watch actually NHK TV and not PBS-NHK tv here on cable!

Have you seen the doc, ANVIL: the Story of Anvil"? There is a scene where the protagonist's (Lipps & Rob) are BACK in Japan after over 20 + years and they are visiting a shrine and they look at each other and embrace and cry. I will never have that with Paul in this life. But I want to go and do the TORO NAGASHI for Paul in his memory as we saw in Karate Kid II.

And eat some killer Sushi too! That's about the gist of it. Would be nice I could meet Akira Takasaki ( Loudness) or Kyoji Yamamotto (BowWow/VowWow) or Masa Itoh (Editor of BURRN/ Impresario of all things Metal in Japan) but that's asking too much!! Not asking for much am I?

Thanks, Justin.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎