The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making my own AHI Frankenstein Replica

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TrekStar
    replied
    Interesting to see what the final selling price will be? it also looks like one of the hands has been chewed on a little bit, just kind of looks weird.

    Leave a comment:


  • imlaughing2death
    replied
    Here's an ebay listing selling some leftover glow parts, it appears to be a recast of the Aurora head, so you could put it together, get some stuff from CTTV and you have yourself a Frankenstein'd Frankenstein.



    There's also a listing here for an AHI head ontop a Mego body, but who knows how high the price will get when the auction ends

    Leave a comment:


  • Boris71
    replied
    They used the same head in both kits, if memory serves correct, they were also the same head in the illuminators kits that were made much later from the Aurora moulds, not sure who made them I think it was monagram or revell did them. You could try timeless-hobbies they attend have older kits in stock and not too expensive

    Leave a comment:


  • ODBJBG
    replied
    Any update on this?

    I am also trying to make a custom AHI Frank and I don't want the vintage body, clothes, etc and it seems a shame for me to buy a vintage one to destroy it to claim the head. Surely someone has cast this head before.

    Leave a comment:


  • imlaughing2death
    replied
    Yeah hopefully someone releases a Strange head for order sometime, I might want to make a Mego Strangenstein in the future.

    Leave a comment:


  • PB
    replied
    Regarding the original AHI head, copied from Aurora, yes. But does anyone know if the source head was from the original kit with the gravestone or the Frankensteins Fliver Car hot rod model kit? They appear to contain the same two pieces front and back for the head. Without both in hand I wonder if they are starting at the same size. I have a later monogram release of the original kit and the noggin is comically large for 8” bodies.

    Leave a comment:


  • TrekStar
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderbolt
    Isn't the non Karloff EMCE version Glenn Strange?
    I guess technically it’s supposed to be, but I don’t think it looks all that much like him.

    Sideshow has a 12 inch Glen Strange House of Frankenstein version which really looks good.

    Leave a comment:


  • thunderbolt
    replied
    Originally posted by TrekStar
    Speaking of Frankenstein, I really wish mego would make a Glen Strange version of Frankenstein based on all 3 movies he played the monster in and also the Chaney version too.
    Isn't the non Karloff EMCE version Glenn Strange?

    Leave a comment:


  • TrekStar
    replied
    Speaking of Frankenstein, I really wish mego would make a Glen Strange version of Frankenstein based on all 3 movies he played the monster in and also the Chaney version too.

    Leave a comment:


  • thunderbolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Monster64
    Thanks for the link…those heads aren’t AHI Frankenstein heads, unfortunately. They’re actually higher quality and more screen accurate.
    Yeah I know, but they are cool. Really like the 50s one they show

    Leave a comment:


  • Monster64
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderbolt
    ^^^ Yep it was at the Magic Shop on Main Street USA in Disney that carried the AHI monsters
    Wow! I’d forgotten that there was a “Magic Shop” there but yeah….I think Mom and Dad even let me get a battery operated bank where a ghostly hand came up and snatched the coin when you put it in a slot.

    Yeah….that must have been 1975 or 1976.

    They got it right the first time with that Aurora/AHI head sculpt. To me there is no other 8” Frankenstein, but I’m going to build something anyway.

    Leave a comment:


  • thunderbolt
    replied
    ^^^ Yep it was at the Magic Shop on Main Street USA in Disney that carried the AHI monsters

    Leave a comment:


  • Monster64
    replied
    Originally posted by TrekStar
    Those look amazing with fantastic details, beautiful work.
    I concur! That’s it! I had one of those in the 1970s. I think my dad bought it for me at DisneyWorld or during a trip there. That thing was great! I remember playing with it on the car trip. I’d had Action Jacksons before and noticed the toy was about the same size.

    Those are great memories. I do not know what happened to my Frankenstein….I was a destructive little stinker so I probably took him apart and couldn’t put him back together, got mad and destroyed everything. Yeah, I was a little stink-head when I was 10 or so….

    Thanks for the awesome work!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • TrekStar
    replied
    Originally posted by enyawd72
    I actually did the reverse, and made an AHI inspired Aurora Frankenstein.

    I even simulated the paint rub.

    Those look amazing with fantastic details, beautiful work.

    Leave a comment:


  • enyawd72
    replied
    I actually did the reverse, and made an AHI inspired Aurora Frankenstein.

    I even simulated the paint rub.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎