The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Customizing Work Area?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • weswood
    replied
    Finally got a photo of my "detail" area. My other workbench is in the main section of the garage.

    Leave a comment:


  • thunderbolt
    replied
    And they won't get you arrested either.

    Leave a comment:


  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    replied
    Let's face it, Megos are far more addictive than Meth!

    Leave a comment:


  • bleit1701
    replied
    Yes, that's my circa 1970's red formica table (it's all mine,no use asking me for it) along with the 50 pound sewing machine from the same era. Helps me stay in the Mego mood

    Leave a comment:


  • ddgaff1132
    replied
    Jeez!!! Type3 and Gman got dream layouts for customizing!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • livnxxxl
    replied
    Originally posted by Wrathdemon
    running a meth lab.
    You know before I read this today that same thought had occured to me yesterday while I was doing some casting.

    I took a few minutes to actually stand back and look around my work area in my man cave and then I realized all of the different chemicals and misc. items that I actually do have and use.

    Not to mention me wearing a respirator (safety first) My area DOES kind of look like a meth lab. I can see where that would look suspicious to someone.

    People are ALWAYS wondering where my money keeps coming from. The thought never really occured to me that they might think that I am a meth maker.

    Illegal and too dangerous for me. I wil stick with Mego's. Thank you very much!

    At least if my place ever did blow up from all of the chemicals it would be doing something that I really truly do enjoy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Trappy Trek Freak
    replied
    I have a cabinet and two rubbermaid drawer sets in the garage and they both have 4 drawers. There is stuff piled on top of those and I work where ever I can even the car sometimes. My wife hates it when I work on megos, so I try to squeeze in a custom when she is working. Last night I made a Wolverine, he needs claws though.

    Leave a comment:


  • david_b
    replied
    My 'lap' last night..: FINALLY fitting my Mego Hutch with his new, cool Fonzie Falcon's street jacket, courtesy of JimsMegos..!!

    I couldn't believe the sleeve ends were sewn so narrow, so I had to take his hands off, slowly work the jacket on, then re-attach his hands.

    He looks a bit more macho now than wearing that leather vest.

    Leave a comment:


  • thunderbolt
    replied
    Originally posted by ctc
    >You married?

    HELL no!

    >My wife wouldn't put up with that set up for one second

    That's a big part why. That; and being a hideous freak. I have married friends, and I know the progression:

    "Well, it's nice, but it doesn't HAVE to be in the living room."
    "This can be YOUR room, and you can do whatever you want here."
    "We're going to need this room for *whatever.* Maybe you can put this all in the garage."
    "I can't believe you're out here AGAIN with all this crap! When I think of all the time.... not to mention MONEY you've wasted on these stupid things....!"

    Don C.
    Mine is ok with it, just doesn't want it crapping up the whole house. I do have a rolling cart that stays in the living room, 4 big tubs of bodies and a old cabinet full of junk.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cosmicman
    replied
    Originally posted by TrueDave
    Since I moved to this house I have been using my basement as my studio.

    It looks like a Meth Lab. Bottles, tarps, hoses, tubes . . .


    I try to cover the windows but I think that just adds to the problem.

    I set up a folding table in the livingroom for painting and sculpting parts under 12" or so. I love having that basement but It is too dismal at times.

    Nice question. !

    Yeah, I had a neighbor come over once to borrow a saw and he accidentally got a glimpse of my basement and pretty soon a suspicious rumor started going around that I was running a meth lab. That is so funny that you said that.
    Eventually I invited him and his wife over when it was a memorial weekend and explained the estranged hobby of my daughter and I. I think it was his wife that started the rumor because he seems to be a pretty good guy.
    All it takes is for someone to tell their wife something and the whole ****house falls over.
    I had to make sure they knew what I was doing because my daughter is going on thirteen and I didn't need a rumor going around I was making Meth or whatever the case may be with a thirteen year old.
    Since then, I haven't heard anything and I can laugh at it now.

    Leave a comment:


  • ctc
    replied
    >You married?

    HELL no!

    >My wife wouldn't put up with that set up for one second

    That's a big part why. That; and being a hideous freak. I have married friends, and I know the progression:

    "Well, it's nice, but it doesn't HAVE to be in the living room."
    "This can be YOUR room, and you can do whatever you want here."
    "We're going to need this room for *whatever.* Maybe you can put this all in the garage."
    "I can't believe you're out here AGAIN with all this crap! When I think of all the time.... not to mention MONEY you've wasted on these stupid things....!"

    Don C.

    Leave a comment:


  • trekman101
    replied
    My dinning room table and space in my home office work for me...one day I hope to remodel my house and create a third floor attic office and hobby work shop

    Leave a comment:


  • Type3Toys
    replied
    Originally posted by gaga4toyz
    Type 3 toys has some Castaway love on that wall. Great stuff. My work area looks like an episode of hoarders.
    Yes I do, 13 not counting doubles. Hey, I know what I like and I like MONSTERS!

    Leave a comment:


  • gaga4toyz
    replied
    Type 3 toys has some Castaway love on that wall. Great stuff. My work area looks like an episode of hoarders.

    Leave a comment:


  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    replied
    I just got bumped from the kitchen island to the kitchen table and then out to the garage. I'm slowly sneaking stuff backinto the house. It's hotter than a sweatshop out there in the summer and too cold in the winter. I find little flakes of flesh one plastic all over the house.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎