PDA

View Full Version : Oh, FUDGE!

AcroRay
Jun 4, '14, 8:15 PM
Collette is making fudge to sell at our table this weekend. Much like she had done last year, much to many folks' delight.

If anyone is interested in SUGAR FREE fudge and wants to buy some, please let us know ASAP. It's more expensive & difficult to make, so we'd need at least four interested buyers...

Cornelius POTA
Jun 4, '14, 9:41 PM
Can you ship some Mego fudge to Florida ?

AcroRay
Jun 4, '14, 10:41 PM
Ahh... probably not.

Godzilla
Jun 5, '14, 11:20 AM
Ah the fudge is always a great treat for the kids (and me too).

AcroRay
Jun 5, '14, 6:08 PM
Can you ship some Mego fudge to Florida ?

Collette here! If you would like some shipped, We'll talk on Monday about addresses and such- when I'll be able to think and not be running so much. You can send me a PM in here, or send one to Ray here and he'll pass it along.

I've mailed before, so not a huge deal. BUT These are the flavours I have this year and if you want some rounds of any of these, let me know ASAP and I can hold them back to be able to send:

Chocolate
peanut butter
vanilla caramel
butterscotch & Heath bar crumblies
dark chocolate

I'm charging $3/ round (all rounds range from a fifth to quarter pound each, so great fudge price anyday)

:-)
Collette

AcroRay
Jun 5, '14, 6:10 PM
So you know in advance, rounds are $3/ round this year and flavours are:

Chocolate
Peanut Butter
Dark Chocolate
Butterscotch w/Heath bar pieces
Vanilla Caramel

:-) YUM!

And THANK YOU!!

Collette

Godzilla
Jun 5, '14, 8:44 PM
Awesome!

Hulk
Jun 9, '14, 12:05 AM
These were/are great. I indulged at the meet and managed to safely transport 2 rounds back to Arizona, where they are safely stowed in my fridge for indulging in the coming week. A taste of MegoMeet to extend the good times! Thanks Collette! You rock!

boss
Jun 9, '14, 6:12 AM
I highly recommend the dark chocolate.

LadyCommand
Jun 9, '14, 10:22 AM
Boss, your comment added with your siggie, was hilarious and true! :grin: Hulk enjoy! And thank you!

samurainoir
Jun 9, '14, 10:50 AM
Ray, thanks for helping me finally complete my Medicom Gatchaman set! Great seeing you and the family as always.

piecemaker
Jun 11, '14, 11:53 PM
So you know in advance, rounds are $3/ round this year and flavours are:

Chocolate
Peanut Butter
Dark Chocolate
Butterscotch w/Heath bar pieces
Vanilla Caramel

:-) YUM!

And THANK YOU!!

Collette

Hi,stupid question.I am not familiar with the term round or rounds of Brownies. I'm assuming that they are baked in a 9" round pan?....thus the term "rounds"...but I don't know. Maybe this was a post for the regional differences thread,lol.

Hulk
Jun 12, '14, 2:00 AM
They are made in cupcake liners, and I presume set in a cupcake pan. The rounds are about 2 inches diameter and about an inch high, of pure, dense, sugary sweetness.

LadyCommand
Jun 13, '14, 9:59 PM
Hi,stupid question.I am not familiar with the term round or rounds of Brownies. I'm assuming that they are baked in a 9" round pan?....thus the term "rounds"...but I don't know. Maybe this was a post for the regional differences thread,lol.

No, not a regional thing, a " Collette" thing ;)

I've been making my fudge for 14 years every Christmas for my family and friends here for gifts. When doing up to 30 'baskets' of fudge and cookies, I try to find things to make it easier on me since I'm falling apart, LOL. SoI went from making sheet pans, to mini-loaves, because I would gave to cut less. Then I got the epiphany to make a batch in cupcake cups and have them cool in the pans that way. So it would be easier, no cutting, and could be handled and packed easier.

Each 'round' is between 1/3 & 1/4 pound, depending on the density of that type of fudge. If you ever want to try some, let me know!

;)

LOL! Thanks Hulk :)

piecemaker
Jun 14, '14, 12:03 AM
^^^Thanks, i was curious,i had never heard that before. Great idea though and thanks for the offer but I am seriously trying to cut down on sugar.

I would eat like 2lbs of those at one time and go into sugar overload.:)