PDA

View Full Version : SP: Bill Bixby head - finally finished

Mefiboschet
Aug 29, '07, 12:36 PM
Super heroes are usually out of my range of interest, but I really liked the old Hulk TV show with Bill Bixby.

I was wondering, if there already is a Bill Bixby Bruce Banner custom head available?
I know, somebody did a TV Hulk head some time ago, but can't remember who it was.

Megospidey
Aug 29, '07, 1:14 PM
Super heroes are usually out of my range of interest, but I really liked the old Hulk TV show with Bill Bixby.

I was wondering, if there already is a Bill Bixby Bruce Banner custom head available?
I know, somebody did a TV Hulk head some time ago, but can't remember who it was.

LOU did the TV Hulk I think. I believe Austin has a TV Hulk on his site. Haven't seen a Bill Bixby head. Lancelot with glasses might work.

toys2cool
Aug 29, '07, 2:43 PM
I've seen a couple of customs of him,but I'm pretty sure those were 1 of a kind and not for sale and I think Lou is the one who has an awesome Lou Ferrigno custom

vman
Aug 29, '07, 2:48 PM
I'd also be interested in a Bill Bixby - Bruce Banner head if anyone decides to whip up a few.

ABMAC
Aug 29, '07, 2:52 PM
Hutch with repainted hair makes a decent Bill Bixby.

Meule
Aug 29, '07, 3:27 PM

Hey Georg, long time no see. Welcome back

EmergencyIan
Aug 29, '07, 5:10 PM
Georg, I saw this one recently, but don't know if it's going to be available for sale, yet. It's in 1:6 scale, but it could be shrunk down, pretty easily, of course. :)

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/cpg/albums/userpics/10851/Copy%20of%20IMG_0048%5B1%5D.JPG

- Ian

mikeoz
Aug 29, '07, 5:33 PM
Georg, I saw this one recently, but don't know if it's going to be available for sale, yet. It's in 1:6 scale, but it could be shrunk down, pretty easily, of course. :)

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/cpg/albums/userpics/10851/Copy%20of%20IMG_0048%5B1%5D.JPG

- Ian

That's really a great likeness of Bill Bixby.

kresge1
Aug 29, '07, 5:40 PM
Nice custom BAnner.I would be interested in one of those also

bagmonster
Aug 29, '07, 7:22 PM

- Ian

Where did you see this one????? I think it is great!

batmanmc
Aug 29, '07, 7:22 PM
that head is dead on . its bill ixby or his twin. mike

EmergencyIan
Aug 29, '07, 8:09 PM
This one was just done very recently (within the last month). I'll get more intell on it and see if it might be able to get a cast(s) of it. Like I had said, I know it's in 1:6 scale right now, but like you all know, it can be shrunk down to the proper Mego scale.

Give me a day or so and I'll see what I can find out about availability, etc.

- Ian

HardyGirl
Aug 29, '07, 8:56 PM
OMG! Now that is really awesome! I'm a huge Bill Bixby fan and would LOVE one of these!:smile:

Mefiboschet
Aug 30, '07, 8:20 AM
Yep, that's exactly the head, I had in mind. If a couple of people on the list would be interested in getting a copy, I would give it a go and work on a reduction toMego-scale.

kresge1
Aug 30, '07, 12:15 PM
Yep, that's exactly the head, I had in mind. If a couple of people on the list would be interested in getting a copy, I would give it a go and work on a reduction toMego-scale.

Count me in

vman
Aug 30, '07, 1:28 PM
I'm in too...

Captain_Mego
Aug 30, '07, 1:29 PM
dude thats about as good as it gets right there. Put me down for 2 also

EmergencyIan
Aug 30, '07, 6:16 PM
Georg, is great! It's so super that he's as talented as he is and able to do this for you guys! I'm glad I had seen this recently and was able to round it up. Thanks for helping these great guys out, Georg!
:)

- Ian

HardyGirl
Aug 30, '07, 7:13 PM
Oooh! I want in too! :baby02:

The Sentry
Aug 30, '07, 7:44 PM
Well from the Hulk freak in this forum I want to be in line for one of these! Name a price and I'll pay! I would love to have a nice "David Banner" I'm making 3 Christmas presents to me this year and I would like this to be one of em! :yeah:

fallensaviour
Aug 30, '07, 11:31 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! I'm doing a bixby custom right now using a burke head ,but hell I'd much rather have one of those I'm in when it gets to mego scale.

LOU
Aug 31, '07, 4:35 PM
Hello guys,
Just wanted to clarify that I DID make a custom Ferrigno Hulk but I DID NOT make the head. That was sculpted to perfection by someone else. I don't want to take credit for someone else's work as all I did was make the custom...here's a pic for you...
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/8/3/FERRIGNOHULK.jpg

EmergencyIan
Aug 31, '07, 5:48 PM
Wow, Lou, I hadn't seen this guy before! He's outstanding!

- Ian

bagmonster
Aug 31, '07, 7:20 PM
That is a great custom, Lou. That sculpt is yet another brilliant Cory Wood sculpt. I believe that Austin has it available at reproheads.

To reiterate my comment in another post, I miss Cory Wood. He is an amazing sculptor.

Mefiboschet
Sep 1, '07, 2:38 AM
Wow, this is truly an amazing custom, Lou. What "ingredients" did you use? Is the backer card available somewhere?
I'd love to get that figure!
But just to let you know, the Bill Bixby head is on its way!

LOU
Sep 1, '07, 7:58 AM
Thanks guys...Geroge, the ingredients are a just a pair of custom jeans, a torn shirt, and torn jacket (ala 1st season Hulk). He was part of a set of 9 custom Live Action TV/Movie heroes from the old boards. You may remember these...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/793421/CustomGroupShotMASTER.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/793421/customscollage(formatchangetoJPEGHighQuality).jpg

The backer cards are available from Anthony at toyroom. I am in process of making an album here on the new boards of my customs since I promised DaveMc I would do it months ago...it will include these TV Heroes, the Bionic set of 7 figures, the Jaws set of 3 w/shark, and my Halloween set of 3. I am intrigued by the Bixby head although scale, as always, would be a problem with Hulk and David Banner next to each other. When you say the Bixby head is on the way do you mean you are making one George?

Mefiboschet
Sep 1, '07, 9:23 AM
I am intrigued by the Bixby head although scale, as always, would be a problem with Hulk and David Banner next to each other. When you say the Bixby head is on the way do you mean you are making one George?
The head is in the mail on the way to me and I will start to work on the 8" version, when I have it here.
Concerning scale, I remember somebody making a conversion kit for the regular Mego Hulk to bring him up to the same height as the other 8" Mego figures. I think, it was some kind of adaptation of Captain Dunsel's Star Trek Gorn kit, but I can't remember who did it. Any thoughts?

Captain_Mego
Sep 1, '07, 9:38 AM
hey the next thing I want to here out of you is they are for sale...:crazy: just kidding but do put me down for A COUPLE . :wink:

fallensaviour
Sep 1, '07, 12:17 PM
Dido...What he said,No more talking until you are finished with mr. Bixby!!!
I'll take one for sure as well. :yeah:

The Toyroom
Sep 1, '07, 1:18 PM
I would be in for one as well if they're going to be for sale.

kresge1
Sep 1, '07, 1:36 PM
Great Job Lou.Now show us the six million dollar man customs

bagmonster
Sep 1, '07, 1:37 PM
I want a Bixby head too!

EmergencyIan
Sep 1, '07, 3:22 PM
Lou, I love that TV version of Shazam, too! Very nice!

- Ian

The Sentry
Sep 1, '07, 5:54 PM
I hate to be a pest but, when/if that head becomes ready for sale PM ME! I want one badly! I always wanted a David Banner figure! Thanks!

EmergencyIan
Sep 1, '07, 8:00 PM
Sentry, Georg (Mefiboschet) says that the Bill Bixby/David Banner head is on it's way to him. So, I'm sure you all will get an update in the near future.

Georg is in Germany, though, so it's going to take a little longer to get there and here, of course.

- Ian

PS. I hope you guys are PMing Mefiboschet (Georg) to let him know that you want one of these heads in "Mego" scale. It would, probably, be much easier that way.

hawkmike
Sep 3, '07, 7:45 PM
very cool, i'll like one when available.

LOU
Sep 4, '07, 12:08 PM
Great Job Lou.Now show us the six million dollar man customs
LOL! Hey Vinny, I already posted them in the Six Million Dollar Man thread on the Classic TV Toys board. Or just check out myspace. I'll have a complete photo album soon and I'll make a thread once I have all my customs together. I'm tossing around the idea of making a Bixby too but he wouldn't look right next to my shorter Hulk so I may not.

I fetched a direct link for you Vinny...
http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?t=206&page=5

kresge1
Sep 4, '07, 1:46 PM
LOL! Hey Vinny, I already posted them in the Six Million Dollar Man thread on the Classic TV Toys board. Or just check out myspace. I'll have a complete photo album soon and I'll make a thread once I have all my customs together. I'm tossing around the idea of making a Bixby too but he wouldn't look right next to my shorter Hulk so I may not.

I fetched a direct link for you Vinny...
http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?t=206&page=5

Lou
Thanks..Now Pm about where to get Steve's Clothes
:music-smiley-008:

GammaPro
Sep 8, '07, 1:59 AM
Hello guys,
Just wanted to clarify that I DID make a custom Ferrigno Hulk but I DID NOT make the head. That was sculpted to perfection by someone else. I don't want to take credit for someone else's work as all I did was make the custom...here's a pic for you...
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/8/3/FERRIGNOHULK.jpg

I just messed my pants. :googly:

I am a HUGE Hulk fan. My Hulk memorabilia collection is immense and I would love to have something like that. Would that be possible? Would it seem like I was infringing or stepping on your toes? I know sometimes it feels awesome to know you have a one of a kind, but if there was any way I could have one too... Man. I'd die. I wouldn't sell it... I'd TREASURE it.

Here's my own Ferrigno custom figure (Not Mego style nor did I do it myself, though).

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/GammaPro/HulkRoom2007022.jpg

Lou... I am sending you a myspace invite. The name is Steve.

LOU
Sep 8, '07, 11:07 AM
Thanks..Now Pm about where to get Steve's Clothes
Huggy Bear my friend!:wink:
LOL! Thanks Steve, I'll accept your invite next time I log in!

GammaPro
Sep 12, '07, 2:01 AM
Huggy Bear my friend!:wink:
LOL! Thanks Steve, I'll accept your invite next time I log in!

Cool. But, you didn't answer my question. Would it be stepping on your toes if I went about trying to get a custom like yours?

Remind me sometime to show you a link to the rest of my Hulk collection.

LOU
Sep 12, '07, 9:17 PM
Steve,
Absolutely not! That's what our great hobby is all about...influencing each others' creativity. I'd love to see your take on the Ferrigno Hulk. I love that figure you posted as well...

GammaPro
Sep 12, '07, 9:44 PM
Steve,
Absolutely not! That's what our great hobby is all about...influencing each others' creativity. I'd love to see your take on the Ferrigno Hulk. I love that figure you posted as well...

That's a terrific attitude! I want to be clear, I would try and commsiion someone here to do one, as my artistic talents end with the pencil and pen. I would only make a mess.

Any certain customizer you would recommend I approach?

GUYx1
Sep 20, '07, 11:56 AM
I am also looking for a head such as this. Please keep me posted when you have one available.

The Sentry
Sep 30, '07, 10:19 PM
So! Any word on the head? Inquiring minds wanna know! :yes:

Cosmicman
Sep 30, '07, 10:21 PM
So! Any word on the head? Inquiring minds wanna know! :yes:

Agreed. I am making a Banner and this would be perfect!!!

The Sentry
Sep 30, '07, 10:26 PM
Agreed. I am making a Banner and this would be perfect!!!

As am I! I have a body fully clothed and I need a head! :yes:

Cosmicman
Sep 30, '07, 10:54 PM
As am I! I have a body fully clothed and I need a head! :yes:

Great minds think alike!! I usually make mego figures at who my daughter wants. After the X-men I just made she said she wants some secret identities. I busted out the old Hulk Bill Bixby shows and she is hooked. She has to have a Banner for her Hulk. This is the next project!

Bring on the Bill Bixby head. Where do I send the Paypal to?

The Sentry
Oct 1, '07, 11:56 PM
Great minds think alike!! I usually make mego figures at who my daughter wants. After the X-men I just made she said she wants some secret identities. I busted out the old Hulk Bill Bixby shows and she is hooked. She has to have a Banner for her Hulk. This is the next project!

Bring on the Bill Bixby head. Where do I send the Paypal to?

I'm with him! Bring on the Bixby! :smiley1::grin:

Cosmicman
Oct 2, '07, 7:01 AM
I'm with him! Bring on the Bixby! :smiley1::grin:

BRING ON THE BIXBY! :rotfl:

Mefiboschet
Oct 20, '07, 4:43 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o158/Mefiboshet/bill-bixby.jpg

I finally managed to finish the mego-scale Bill Bixby head.
I still have to add the outfit and am not 100% happy with my paint-job.
Also, the pic doesn't really do the likeness of the sculpt to Bixby justice.
Just wanted to get the word out.
Some of you have posted me in the past about getting a copiy of this head. If you are still interested, please drop me a PM.

Many Thanks!

George

Mefiboschet
Oct 20, '07, 4:52 PM
BRING ON THE BIXBY! :rotfl:

Here it is!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o158/Mefiboshet/bill-bixby.jpg

fallensaviour
Oct 20, '07, 5:37 PM
That looks awesome.Are you casting it in flesh color?How much are they?

The Bat
Oct 20, '07, 5:55 PM
That's EXCELLENT! But the reason You're not happy with paint Job is...probably that He needs Eyeliner above His Eye's. It's a trick Mego used...and one They use in Comic Books. It makes a BIG difference.:wink_y:

The Sentry
Oct 20, '07, 6:44 PM
HOT DAMN! COUNT ME IN FOR ONE! :drool_y:I have a body WITH CLOTHES READY TO GO! :grin:

HE BROUGHT THE BIXBY!

MegoNinja
Oct 20, '07, 8:43 PM
how much would a head like this set me back? if you dont mind me asking.

vman
Oct 20, '07, 11:50 PM
I'll take one...

PM sent.

mego boy CA
Oct 21, '07, 12:16 AM
that looks cool. bill bixby is reproduced very well in deed.

Mefiboschet
Oct 21, '07, 1:22 AM
how much would a head like this set me back? if you dont mind me asking.

The unpainted head is $10 plus $7 for airmail shipping to the US (Sorry, I had to slightly raise the shipping because of the high exchange rate of the Euro to the US dollar)

The head is cast in white resin, but I could prime it in the flesh color you'll see on the pic.

Dave Mc
Oct 21, '07, 6:59 AM
Nice Georg!

I missed the question earlier, but yes, Captain Dunsel did the conversion kit to make the Hulk body the same height as other Mego's. The kit is for the Gorn, and some dremeling has to be done to make it less lizard like, but it's doable. Paul Evans and I sell those kits.

I think someone else did something as well. Perhaps Austin? That might be more standard Hulk legs and arms, just taller.

REMOVED
Oct 21, '07, 8:31 AM
That looks cool. Who sculpted it?

danadoll
Oct 23, '07, 3:16 AM
That Bixby head is great, Georg!

Dana

The Kryptonite Kid
Oct 24, '07, 1:56 AM
Mission accomplished! Looks just like him.

apes3978
Oct 24, '07, 2:18 AM
I guess this means we can all get started on making our figures based on the TV series "Courtship of Eddie's Father"... Or maybe "My Favorite Martian"...

filmation batman fan
Oct 25, '07, 9:46 PM
If there is anybody in this world who wants a custom Bill Bixby "David Banner" head, it is definitely me. Bill Bixby was my childhood idol and role model and the Incredible Hulk is my number one all time favorite TV show. I would pay dang good money for a Bixby head so I can make a David Banner Mego. Heck, I'd buy 2 of them and paint one of them with white eyes to represent the metamorphosis.
Beyond that, I will try to get a custom Lou Ferrigno Hulk and try to find out what kind of Mego head would work in making Jack Colvin's Jack McGee.
I've already sent you a PM. Please let me know.
Cheers.

Captain_Mego
Oct 27, '07, 10:38 AM
good stuff George,,,looks great

kingdom warrior
Oct 27, '07, 8:48 PM
Man That's awesome! That's dead on Bill Bixby.....Bixby was a Favorite actor of mine I think multiple customs of him would be in order......

Airdave817
Oct 30, '07, 11:20 AM
So, who's got a finished Bill Bixby head? I'd like to get one of Bixby and Ray Walston for My Favorite Martian. H U G E Bixby fan here. Watched Martian, Courtship of Eddie's Father and The Magician. He did this show in the late '70's that was based on a Marvel Comics character - what was the name of that show...(Smart@$$, yeah, I know...)

If anyone can pass along the 4-1-1 on a Bixby head that would be great. Then I'd have to figure out how to build a model spaceship; and then the apartment; then Mrs. Brown's place...

:yes:

apes3978
Oct 30, '07, 3:35 PM
So, who's got a finished Bill Bixby head? I'd like to get one of Bixby and Ray Walston for My Favorite Martian. H U G E Bixby fan here. Watched Martian, Courtship of Eddie's Father and The Magician.

And don't forget that other sitcom he was in "Goodnight Beantown"...

The Sentry
Oct 30, '07, 4:23 PM
Yeah Dave, Austin offers taller muscle bodies, I'm waiting for 2 as we speak, I wanted one for my Lou Hulk and the next custom I'm working on (and God it's a pain in the rump!)
I already have a body with clothes waiting on the Bixby head, now I'm just waiting...........

Airdave817
Oct 30, '07, 7:38 PM
I missed that one! Heard and read that it was good, but it wasn't on that long. He also directed Blossom. That was what he was doing toward the end...

GUYx1
Nov 21, '07, 6:28 PM
The Bixby Head was exactly what I needed for my Banner.

Thanks again : )

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/GUYx1/PB200076.jpg

K
Nov 21, '07, 9:37 PM
Nice job on the head, Georg!

The Sentry
Nov 21, '07, 11:07 PM
Totally! I got mine about 2 weeks ago, and I gotta tell ya, it's perfect and easy to paint! When Lou comes in I'll post pics, workin 3 jobs, running a store and playing in a band tend to take a very big chunk of my time! :yes::yuk:

LOU
Nov 24, '07, 9:58 AM
This head is indeed awesome! Imagine if someone made a head for "Del Frye's Hulk"! What an ugly SOB he was!

GammaPro
Nov 24, '07, 4:16 PM
This head is indeed awesome! Imagine if someone made a head for "Del Frye's Hulk"! What an ugly SOB he was!

From my personal collection.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/GammaPro/FryeHulk.jpg

fallensaviour
Nov 24, '07, 4:41 PM
I'm jealous of your bixby custom!!! He looks fantastic,It just seems odd to see him standing with those two other guys.... :wink:

The Sentry
Nov 24, '07, 5:59 PM
Very nice G.P.! What was that originally? It's awesome! I can't wait to get my Lou Hulk in the mail! I'm dying over here!

GammaPro
Nov 24, '07, 6:01 PM
Very nice G.P.! What was that originally? It's awesome! I can't wait to get my Lou Hulk in the mail! I'm dying over here!

Don't really know. One of my wife's doll making friends did it for me.