PDA

View Full Version : NECA 8" JAWS Cloth Figures

Hedji
Feb 22, '20, 11:48 AM
Yeah... I'm gonna need a bigger shelf.

JAWS Figures from NECA (https://news.toyark.com/2020/02/22/toy-fair-2020-neca-horror-and-sci-fi-jaws-hatchet-toony-terrors-scream-godzilla-gremlins-and-more-379550?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1a36hBKVkgrPcUIiz6xUrJkJsP0suKQnqRupDgr vL7um65Id6mNIa9I8Y)

INCREDIBLE likenesses.

https://i.ibb.co/Fwdrs0k/Screen-Shot-2020-02-22-at-11-44-27-AM.png
https://i.ibb.co/Ttrh38Y/Screen-Shot-2020-02-22-at-11-44-08-AM.png
https://i.ibb.co/vjmHS33/Screen-Shot-2020-02-22-at-11-44-41-AM.png

drquest
Feb 22, '20, 12:11 PM
Whoa!

I like those!

Nostalgiabuff
Feb 22, '20, 12:15 PM
that's awesome, even comes with a chum bucket

Hedji
Feb 22, '20, 1:17 PM
Quint looks like he is eating a saltine, intently watching the fishing line.

Hedji
Feb 22, '20, 1:18 PM
Do they sometimes do alternate heads? Would love Quint with the bandana.

palitoy
Feb 22, '20, 3:11 PM

Hedji
Feb 22, '20, 3:14 PM
I’d like to see Hooper with poor Ben Gardner’s head as an accessory. :smiley1:

phil
Feb 22, '20, 3:27 PM
I doubt I will buy any but they do look great.

thunderbolt
Feb 22, '20, 4:52 PM
What about Bruce and Hooper?

sprytel
Feb 22, '20, 6:58 PM
I never saw Jaws back in the day (blasphemy!), so it never had quite the resonance with me as it does with some. But these should make a lot of folks really happy. NECA does lovely figures that I would have never expected to see in 1:9 scale.

Hedji
Feb 22, '20, 8:34 PM
What about Bruce and Hooper?

Bruce would likely be cost prohibitive. I'd estimate his scale would be about that of Sideshow's Jaws Maquette

https://i.ibb.co/xscY0cV/IMG-2335.jpg

palitoy
Feb 22, '20, 8:59 PM
Yeah I don't know how they'd approach Bruce. I need them to do Mayor Vaughn though, want that little anchor suit.

Goblin19
Feb 22, '20, 9:38 PM
Well, Iíll buy those for sure.

thunderbolt
Feb 23, '20, 3:16 AM
No Bruce is kinda like Micheal Knight and no KITT or Batman and no Robin. Heck even an environment with the damaged Orca and his head would be ok. Just seems kind of pointless without a shark.

drquest
Feb 23, '20, 9:27 AM
I want a Mrs. Kintner figure with a slapping action feature.

Timothy2251
Feb 24, '20, 7:19 PM
Yeah I don't know how they'd approach Bruce. I need them to do Mayor Vaughn though, want that little anchor suit.

Sir, I like the way you think and wish to join your fan club and subscribe to your newsletter. Where do I send my box tops and $2.95 postage and handling?

palitoy
Feb 24, '20, 9:43 PM
JAWS from @NECA_TOYS now available for pre-order, I won't kid you I need these...
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/s/?theme=Jaws&producttype=Action+Figures&advancedsearch=true&id=ME-002202116

NECA has claimed Bruce is coming.

Hedji
Feb 24, '20, 9:57 PM

:drool_y:

ODBJBG
Feb 27, '20, 3:34 AM
Yeah the shark is on his way... Should be interesting.

Chris
Feb 28, '20, 2:19 PM
Agreed. It's a toy wrong finally made the Mego way. Already pre-ordered. BTW, luv the Podstallions podcast.
Glad I didn't get the retro 3 3/4 figures.

Hedji
Feb 28, '20, 4:35 PM
Agreed. It's a toy wrong finally made the Mego way. Already pre-ordered. BTW, luv the Podstallions podcast.
Glad I didn't get the retro 3 3/4 figures.

Interesting you should mention the 3 3/4 figures. Brody is dressed differently... his uniform here compared to what he wore on the Orca with the 3 3/4 figure.

I'm glad I did get the retro figures, because I love them, I love Jaws, and I'll admit it is satisfying to watch them skyrocket in value due to their low supply.

Gorn Captain
Feb 29, '20, 6:16 AM
Let's hope the final product looks as good.

Klosterheim
Mar 1, '20, 12:47 AM
Those are really good.

A Tiger Shark diorama would be nice too.

Hedji
Mar 1, '20, 10:35 AM
A Tiger Shark diorama would be nice too.

https://i.ibb.co/QKSnGDv/bw45T0c.png

The Bat
Mar 1, '20, 5:32 PM

Ok, that did it! Now I'm in!!!!:grin::yes:

Earth 2 Chris
Mar 3, '20, 10:48 AM
I love Jaws, but I don't really collect anything related, however, these are STUNNING. Some of the nicest figures in the Mego scale and "style" ever.

Chris

Chris
Mar 10, '20, 12:28 PM
Interesting you should mention the 3 3/4 figures. Brody is dressed differently... his uniform here compared to what he wore on the Orca with the 3 3/4 figure.

I'm glad I did get the retro figures, because I love them, I love Jaws, and I'll admit it is satisfying to watch them skyrocket in value due to their low supply.

That's great! Glad that worked out for you.

RSS
Mar 10, '20, 12:44 PM
Dreyfus said no.

http://megomuseum.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=27672&d=1583862233

Hedji
Mar 10, '20, 1:12 PM
That's great! Glad that worked out for you.

LOL. I did sound a bit like a jerk. You're right to call me on it. Sorry.

noelani72
Mar 11, '20, 6:19 AM
Dreyfus said no.

http://megomuseum.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=27672&d=1583862233

well, that's just whack. I don't understand the mind of an actor who does this or denies their likeness to be sculpted. What's their hesitation?

Hedji
Mar 11, '20, 6:26 AM
It really is a head-scratcher, especially considering Richard Dreyfuss did allow for Funko to use his license, not only for the ReAction, but for the Pops.

Perhaps it is easier dealing with estates of actors who have passed away?

noelani72
Mar 11, '20, 7:40 AM
^^ possibly.
And for NECA to continue the line while missing one of the three primary members...I wonder if they felt it was a risky move, hence, the reason it appears they hit these two figures totally out of the ballpark in quality.

palitoy
Mar 11, '20, 8:55 AM
It really is a head-scratcher, especially considering Richard Dreyfuss did allow for Funko to use his license, not only for the ReAction, but for the Pops.

Perhaps it is easier dealing with estates of actors who have passed away?

I believe that Funko didn't have likeness rights, they pushed the envelope there with all the distinct tells the character had.

Hedji
Mar 11, '20, 12:04 PM
Oh, I hadn't considered that. Interesting! And of course generic card art with the shark instead of the characters would support that.

Hedji
Mar 11, '20, 12:06 PM
One thing NECA could do, if they're making the shark, is make a Hooper in scuba with shark cage... Might be kinda cool.

noelani72
Mar 12, '20, 11:43 AM
One thing NECA could do, if they're making the shark, is make a Hooper in scuba with shark cage... Might be kinda cool.

Bingo. Instant solution to bringing the 3rd part of the cast to fruition without paying a license. Ha!

palitoy
Mar 12, '20, 12:36 PM
That's a pretty novel solution.

Hedji
Mar 12, '20, 4:19 PM
If they included Ben Gardner's head... sales would increase.

Chris
Jul 17, '20, 10:22 AM

The Mayor has the greatest line in the film: "As we all know Amity means friendship".
I'm laughing just writing it.

drquest
Jul 17, '20, 11:30 AM
Are these out yet? I don't buy much new stuff, but I love these.

palitoy
Sep 5, '20, 8:08 AM
Looks like we're only getting Quint now, the Scheider estate isn't having it.

drquest
Sep 5, '20, 11:31 AM
Do people not like money?

Goblin19
Sep 5, '20, 9:01 PM
Thatís too bad. I would have loved both, but at least Quint is my top choice.

ToyTalk
Sep 6, '20, 8:31 AM
I was sad to see the figure get pulled out. He was so very well done. What a likeness! Having that figure would have been paying homage to a great actor in a great movie.

thunderbolt
Sep 6, '20, 12:20 PM
Bet they pull the plug on the whole thing.

Earth 2 Chris
Sep 8, '20, 6:00 AM
I will never understand why estates do things like this. If it was something grossly out of synch with the movie or his performance, sure. But this is him in figure form. What's the problem?

Chris

ODBJBG
Sep 8, '20, 11:14 AM
I will never understand why estates do things like this. If it was something grossly out of synch with the movie or his performance, sure. But this is him in figure form. What's the problem?

Chris

They may not have been getting enough of a piece of a pie. And I get that "some money" is better than "no money" but maybe they originally agreed to a percentage but have found out that it's going to be smaller than they thought, or that NECA was set to make more money than they thought?

Certainly possible and if they value the likeness, perhaps they think something better will come along.

melstapler
Sep 26, '20, 9:39 AM

Chris

Exactly. Not to mention, the character Brody is more recognizable to younger generations than Roy's own name as an actor. Roy would be almost 90 years old if he were still living and you'd think now would be as great a time as any to finally release an articulated and photorealistic action figure from what some would consider to be his most iconic role.

Confessional
Jan 21, '21, 10:41 PM
More Quint intel: https://news.toyark.com/2021/01/21/jaws-new-photos-of-the-sam-quint-8-inch-figure-by-neca-415803

alex
Jan 22, '21, 4:59 AM
I must admit I cancelled my preorder when the other figure was cancelled, but Im tempted with these pics, also with the shark coming out, it should make for a great display.

MIB41
Jan 26, '21, 6:25 AM
I've kept my pre-order because it will still look great as a set with Bruce. My understanding is Dreyfuss didn't want any part of it. I don't get him. He seems to always be on the wrong side of this film and its products.

ODBJBG
Jan 26, '21, 10:36 AM
Dreyfuss was never announced. It was Brody who was announced, protoed, pre-ordered and then canceled.

MIB41
Jan 26, '21, 3:12 PM
Dreyfuss was never announced. It was Brody who was announced, protoed, pre-ordered and then canceled.

Understood but from everything I've read, Dreyfuss declined. Schneider's estate was initially on board, which is why we had Brody as part of the pre-order, then they pulled out.