PDA

View Full Version : What treasures are you hoping to pick up this year?

samurainoir
Apr 30, '16, 12:28 AM
A thread to connect folks wanting to buy things with folks wanting to sell things at the show!

What are your wish-lists? Anyone out there able to fulfill them! Win-win.

I'm generally a sucker for anything Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets related, oddball vintage Spider-Man stuff, and Vintage Mexican and Japanese Star Wars stuff has now become a passion. If you have Japanese Spider-Man stuff, I would likely tear off your arm to own it. With that said.. the US exchange rate is tough on us Canucks, and I have a wife muling stuff in from Japan on a monthly basis, so my budget is much more limited this year, so I've got to be selective. 8)

Blue Meanie
Apr 30, '16, 1:26 AM
A thread to connect folks wanting to buy things with folks wanting to sell things at the show!

What are your wish-lists? Anyone out there able to fulfill them! Win-win.

I'm generally a sucker for anything Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets related, oddball vintage Spider-Man stuff, and Vintage Mexican and Japanese Star Wars stuff has now become a passion. If you have Japanese Spider-Man stuff, I would likely tear off your arm to own it. With that said.. the US exchange rate is tough on us Canucks, and I have a wife muling stuff in from Japan on a monthly basis, so my budget is much more limited this year, so I've got to be selective. 8)

Then you can't go wrong with a Motorized God Phoenix Model Kit. I bring it every year to the meet. Never assembled and the box is in nice shape :)

Bronxboykev
Apr 30, '16, 5:36 AM
I'm 3 boxed Heros away from having at least 1 of every WGSH, but the last 3 are heavy hitters and hard to come by for a good price... SuperGirl, Isis and Conan.
Looking to get a boxed Will Scarlet and some boxed pirates

VintageMike
Apr 30, '16, 10:22 AM
By the skin of my teeth looks like my budget will close to last year if not the same.

Vintage

Boxed: Conan or Isis. Depending out what I find I would consider an ASM Spidey box since I am a huge Spidey fan and I realize every year it will be tougher to get stuff I need

Carded: I would absolutely LOVE to get a carded Catwoman, US carded Thing or Thor. Right below them Kresge Wonder Woman, Falcon or Conan. Finally on the off chance I'd be willing to spend my my whole/near my whole budget on one item, a carded Riddler.

Non-vintage: Assuming I haven't bought them by them, FTC Harley Quinn, Scarecrow or Black Vulcan

Random Axe
Apr 30, '16, 3:14 PM
Shogun warriors stuff, Popy black kamen rider and battle fever.

Random Axe
Apr 30, '16, 3:35 PM
You'd be surprised at some of the Random/Noir plans being drawn up...bwahahaha

We didn't have that on the schedule but now that you mention it...

EMCE Hammer
Apr 30, '16, 3:40 PM
I am hoping for a lock of Random Axe hair.

boss
Apr 30, '16, 4:52 PM

be more specific.

ScottA
Apr 30, '16, 10:28 PM
I'm 3 boxed Heros away from having at least 1 of every WGSH, but the last 3 are heavy hitters and hard to come by for a good price... SuperGirl, Isis and Conan.

Ironically I'm looking for the last 5 I need to complete my set - but I need Batman, Batgirl, Invisible Girl, Green Goblin & Conan. Also looking for some carded WGSH I don't have yet and the FTC/EMCE figures I've missed so far this past year.

Random Axe
Apr 30, '16, 10:58 PM

I hope to at least have a baggie of shavings Lee can use during a flocking demo.

samurainoir
May 2, '16, 5:37 PM
Then you can't go wrong with a Motorized God Phoenix Model Kit. I bring it every year to the meet. Never assembled and the box is in nice shape :)

Is that the Gatchaman II one? I think I already have a couple of those. I don't doubt I'll be getting a few things off of your table as usual though... you always have the best stuff.

(happy to hear the Super Logitti Bros. are back this year!)

samurainoir
May 6, '16, 8:53 PM
Looks like I have a new Grail item.

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2010/03/spiderballbounce-1267689492.jpg

http://i1.wp.com/www.retroist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/spder-man-hippity-hop.jpg

ScottA
May 6, '16, 11:01 PM
I'm also looking for more stuff for my Robin collection - Underoos, Crazy Foam, more carded figures, etc.

Brue
May 6, '16, 11:11 PM
I plan to complete the cheapest set of WHSH that I started last year.

Bronxboykev
May 8, '16, 8:55 AM
Might consider some Micronauts as well :)

David Lee
May 8, '16, 5:23 PM
Well I was hoping a small Asian man would kick me unexpectedly... oh and to wreck my wife's car. Other than that just hiding out under the bed in Roberto Williams room... you know the usual

MegoMoe
May 9, '16, 7:41 PM
This will be my first Mego Meet. Don't really know what to expect. I am hoping to find The Lizard (loose) in great condition.
Can I expect to see any AHI or Lincoln Monsters?

EMCE Hammer
May 9, '16, 10:51 PM
This will be my first Mego Meet. Don't really know what to expect. I am hoping to find The Lizard (loose) in great condition.
Can I expect to see any AHI or Lincoln Monsters?

AHIs and Lizards galore I am sure. Lincolns are a little scarce, but if I was to make a bet I'd say yes. Tomlands too.

samurainoir
May 17, '16, 2:30 AM
Well I was hoping a small Asian man would kick me unexpectedly... oh and to wreck my wife's car. Other than that just hiding out under the bed in Roberto Williams room... you know the usual

that was certainly an eventful year eh? I blame the giant mountain man who kept my glass filled with Seagrams all night. :yuk:

I also need to figure out who's Captain America Shield I left my footprint on, and apologize to that individual.

nvmbrsdoom5
May 19, '16, 4:23 PM
I'm usually looking for Micronauts, Eagle Force, some odds n ends WGSH stuff, re-Mego stuff, and other things like Secret Wars, SW, bronze age Marvel comics, etc.

noelani72
May 19, '16, 6:57 PM
Will there be any Distinctive Dummies figures? I would bring a Pennywise for trade...