PDA

View Full Version : Mego Meet 2016 - Back to Skokie

EMCE Hammer
Dec 4, '15, 8:45 AM
We are pleased to announce that Mego Meet will return to the Skokie Doubletree, June 17th – 18th of 2016. Space is reserved on Thursday June 16th for dealer set-up and “Thursdaybird” arrival, with the event officially running Friday through Saturday. Instructions will be posted soon for reserving hotel rooms and purchasing dealer tables.

I cut and pasted the above from the newsletter. With any luck our room block at the Doubletree will be ready for booking next week, along with the registration page for attendees and dealers. The meet is one week later this year for two reasons. We're hoping to avoid conflicts with graduations that have plagued us in the past, and the later date also gives us access to a larger dealer space at the Doubletree.

Look for more updates next week.

pmwasson
Dec 4, '15, 10:44 AM
Woohoo! I really enjoyed Skokie and hope to get there earlier this year so I can hang out more.

Grimjohn
Dec 4, '15, 10:57 AM
Sweet! Marking the dates on my calendar.

Bronxboykev
Dec 4, '15, 11:47 AM
Very Cool... I panicked when I saw the Date originally, but it works out for me... Senior Prom For Dominique is the Week Before and Graduation is the Week after and no testing as well. We have a Federal Election to worry about the last week of June at Work but if push comes to shove it's nothing a Little Sniffle can't fix ;)

VintageMike
Dec 4, '15, 12:42 PM
Some panic here as well, as we sometimes have inventories towards the end of June. In the past, still wouldn't have mattered as I had enough pull to get it changed but since we've merged with another company, I don't know if my voice alone could get it changed. However, I let my boss know and they haven't scheduled anything beyond January yet, so he wrote this time off for me in his book in advance of us being able to put in vacation time. Looks like I'm good. Whew!

EMCE Hammer
Dec 4, '15, 1:01 PM
We hope the date change is a plus and not a minus. We've lost a lot of folks to graduation and recital conflicts over the past three years, and that combined with the alternative of looking for a different hotel made it seem like the right move.

WannabeMego
Dec 4, '15, 1:06 PM
For a minute there I thought you said 'Rectal Conflicts'?!

My eyes are going and these small smartphone screens don't help :)

palitoy
Dec 4, '15, 1:18 PM
I'm still undoing the damage of missing last year's Rectal.

Mego Milk
Dec 4, '15, 1:57 PM
Aw yeah mego meet!!!!!

cjefferys
Dec 4, '15, 4:03 PM
Hey cool, now it doesn't conflict with Niagara Comic Con anymore, so I can do both!

ScottA
Dec 4, '15, 8:56 PM
Cool. We should be there in 2016 if all goes well.

SentientApe
Dec 4, '15, 11:05 PM
I believe this again conflicts with one of my military reenactments -- if not two of them -- but I will make every effort to attend.

Toyman_Chris
Dec 7, '15, 2:23 AM
I am anxiously counting the minutes!

Brue
Dec 7, '15, 8:28 PM
WAIT! Hold the phone! I was trying to figure out how to say I couldn't come because of the usual date.

Now, I will only have to determiner if I can do a trip to Chicago on the tail end of a vacation with family and friends.

megocrazy
Dec 15, '15, 12:10 AM
Which of the two airports is the best option? Im assuming O'hare. Whats the travel time from Skokie to said airport? Seeing if I can squeeze this trip in this year.

cjefferys
Dec 15, '15, 12:49 PM
This past Meet we came into O'Hare, and from what I've been told, that's by far the best option. I'm trying to remember the travel time from there to Skokie, something like 45 minutes maybe?

palitoy
Dec 15, '15, 12:52 PM
O'Hare is 12 miles from Mego Meet, Midway is easily 35.

Cornelius POTA
Dec 17, '15, 10:54 PM
Amen, sounds like a blast.

Good for you all.

Hope to make it to MM sometime.

Being from Orlando, Florida makes it difficult :muh:

cjefferys
Dec 18, '15, 9:04 PM
I dunno, I'd imagine that an Orlando-Chicago flight would be pretty reasonable.

Toyman_Chris
Dec 19, '15, 7:14 AM
Amen, sounds like a blast.

Good for you all.

Hope to make it to MM sometime.

Being from Orlando, Florida makes it difficult :muh:

I fly to Orlando 4 to 5 times a year from Milwaukee, WI. It is really not that expensive.

nvmbrsdoom5
Dec 22, '15, 2:16 AM
Very happy to see you guys & gals back in my neck of the woods again!

And yes, flying into O'Hare is the more logical choice than Midway. However, traffic can be a nightmare coming to Skokie from either airport though, so keep that in mind when planning your arrival time if you have plans for that same day. Even though the actual distance isn't far from airport to hotel, the city traffic can be awful especially if you're trying to drive in the afternoon/early evening. So just keep that in mind.
And if anyone chooses to fly into Midway for whatever reason (cheaper flights, etc.), I live over in that general area and will be coming from that direction, so I might be able to pick some folks up and provide a ride if necessary. Just let me know :)

enekich
Dec 22, '15, 10:58 AM
I will not miss 2016...I will not miss 2016...

drmego
Feb 21, '16, 9:29 AM
Maybe there should be a banner on the front page of the Museum telling people about Mego Meet this year.

It's not a secret is it?

The Mego Museum is still the first place new people learn about mego from Google searches.

BATMAN89
Feb 21, '16, 10:51 AM
A banner that we could all share on FB pages, and on your site Doc.
That would be cool!

darklord1967
Feb 21, '16, 6:42 PM
YES!!! MEGO MEET! I am SO there!!! I had a blast last year!!! :D

EMCE Hammer
Feb 22, '16, 12:10 PM
Maybe there should be a banner on the front page of the Museum telling people about Mego Meet this year.

It's not a secret is it?

The Mego Museum is still the first place new people learn about mego from Google searches.

Great to see you Paul! Feel free to use this, and please take last year's dates off your front page.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12507160_1004794829592419_1842375513321409933_n.jp g?oh=f07e58c5ee062cb8a7b89ca5a74b6cba&oe=5766DEED

pmwasson
Feb 23, '16, 10:30 PM
I added the banner to LaserMego (http://www.lasermego.com/latest-news/lasermegomegomeet2016)!

I also book my flight. I'll be there Thursday to Sunday.

megocrazy
Mar 4, '16, 8:37 PM
I shall return. See you all in June.

ScottA
Mar 5, '16, 4:52 PM
I shall return. See you all in June.

Nice. It will be good to see you again.

megocrazy
Mar 5, '16, 7:56 PM
Missed you guys last year.

Saroyan
Mar 17, '16, 5:24 PM
Whats the word on exclusive figures?? Will they be available here?

EMCE Hammer
Mar 17, '16, 6:29 PM
ScottA is working on a little something as usual. There will probably be some neat swag from our Canadian friends as well.

ScottA
Mar 18, '16, 8:13 PM
Waiting on my wife to sew up the suit (hopefully this week since she is out for spring break) on the prototype and then it's reveal time. They will go on sale here then so if you can't make the meet you can still get the figure.

jimbutsu
Mar 22, '16, 12:39 PM
I really gotta try and get to one of these someday. I'm traveling s'damn much for work lately it's hard to do much else...

EMCE Hammer
Mar 22, '16, 12:46 PM
Codeboy reunion.

jimbutsu
Mar 22, '16, 1:15 PM
That'd be the dream. We were the MM's Ross and Rachel.

Blue Meanie
Mar 22, '16, 3:44 PM
I really gotta try and get to one of these someday. I'm traveling s'damn much for work lately it's hard to do much else...

I heard something about Crowded House doing a special concert at MegoMeet this year :) Seriously, it would pretty cool if some more of the oldtimers could make it.

jimbutsu
Mar 22, '16, 10:49 PM
Actually, Neil Finn is playing in Chicago in early July, so you're righter than you think!

megocrazy
Mar 24, '16, 1:29 AM
I heard something about Crowded House doing a special concert at MegoMeet this year :) Seriously, it would pretty cool if some more of the oldtimers could make it.

It sounds as if you may be there????

Blue Meanie
Mar 24, '16, 5:16 PM
It sounds as if you may be there????

Still working out the kinks...but yeah. Looks very good right now.

megocrazy
Mar 24, '16, 8:20 PM

Sounds good.

Bronxboykev
Mar 24, '16, 10:28 PM

Awesome, GREAT NEWS to be sure!!!

Brue
Mar 31, '16, 9:31 PM
I am officially in.. Just paypaled a table and entry fees.

RobTMego
Apr 3, '16, 11:11 PM
I think this will be my fourth year straight of going. I always have fun hanging out with you guys!!

Random Axe
Apr 10, '16, 7:26 PM
I'll be there on Wednesday and leaving on Monday. I miss my family.