PDA

View Full Version : Hateful 8 Press Release

palitoy
Nov 10, '15, 9:01 AM
http://necaonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/590w-Hateful8.jpg

For Quentin Tarantino’s eighth movie, we have a special treat for fans! Our newest retro clothed action figure line features all eight main characters from The Hateful Eight, and is a limited edition release – only 3,000 of each will be made available globally.

Each fully articulated figure stands 8″ tall and is dressed in intricately tailored fabric clothing, similar to the iconic toy lines of the 1970s. All feature authorized likenesses, and come with character-specific accessories from the movie, like pistols, rifles, shackles, gun belts, holsters, and more, in window box packaging.
Assortment includes:
Major Marquis Warren (The Bounty Hunter) – Samuel L. Jackson
General Sandy Smithers (The Confederate) – Bruce Dern
Joe Gage (The Cow Puncher) – Michael Madsen
Sheriff Chris Mannix (The Sheriff) – Walton Goggins
John Ruth (The Hangman) – Kurt Russell
Oswaldo Mobray (The Little Man) – Tim Roth
Bob (The Mexican) – Demián Bichir
Daisy Domergue (The Prisoner) – Jennifer Jason Leigh
ONE PRODUCTION RUN ONLY.
These action figures are intended to be representations of their movie counterparts, and should not be construed as social or political commentary on the part of the manufacturer.

Read more: http://necaonline.com/54130/products/toys/plush-and-dolls/the-hateful-eight-8-clothed-action-figure-assortment/#ixzz3r67wnbsz

palitoy
Nov 10, '15, 2:35 PM
Now you can pre-order them at Entertainment Earth. Just the entire set for now, hopefully EE breaks them up down the line:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC14933A&id=ME-002202116

pmwasson
Nov 10, '15, 4:15 PM
You can pre-order the individual figures from NECA, but at $40 each. The Entertainment Earth price is much better.

cjefferys
Nov 10, '15, 4:41 PM
These action figures are intended to be representations of their movie counterparts, and should not be construed as social or political commentary on the part of the manufacturer.

I guess they had to say that considering what happened with the ill-fated Django Unchained figures. :smiley1:

GlobalObserver
Nov 10, '15, 6:59 PM
Hi - We have adjusted our pricing to $239.99 for this case instead of the original $274.99. Your preorders have been adjusted, thanks so much for buying from BBTS!
$30.00 each plus shipping at BBTS.

MIB41
Nov 10, '15, 9:13 PM
Wow! Really love those but yes, they need to be sold separately. Love the Kurt Russell and Samuel Jackson figures.

Gorn Captain
Nov 11, '15, 9:25 AM
They all look very impressive, but I couldn't afford all eight in one go.
The hunt will be on to complete a set piece by piece, but that's the exciting part.

Ssylyss
Nov 13, '15, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the post, ordered a set from EE. Still mad I missed out on the Django figures.

Confessional
Dec 20, '15, 1:18 PM
January release confirmed; hats are non-removable.

Just got tix for the glorious 70mm X-mas tour. 3hr/7min with intermission. :)

Gorn Captain
Dec 21, '15, 5:03 AM
Prices for these are through the roof here. Some idiots are offering them for $120. Each.
Best price I could find was $420 for a set.

Teemu
Dec 21, '15, 9:24 PM
passing on these now...Didn't like the movie...not worth plunking down $250

NECA,give me TOMBSTONE figures instead (Russell.Kilmer etc)

monitor_ep
Dec 22, '15, 12:49 AM
I am tempted since this movie was supposed to be Django sequal but it was changed will the was being written out.

jacoblb
Dec 23, '15, 2:19 AM
The likenesses look really good. FTC is taking too much of my budget for retro toys, sadly.

wise guy
Dec 24, '15, 9:56 AM
These will probably sit on shelves at the local Toys R us along with Planet of the Apes and other Neca bad choices. It's too bad because I really like the monster figures .
My area has tons of collector's and scalpers that buy up everything except NECA figures that are sitting on shelves for months .

Gorn Captain
Dec 24, '15, 10:02 AM
These will probably sit on shelves at the local Toys R us along with Planet of the Apes and other Neca bad choices. It's too bad because I really like the monster figures .
My area has tons of collector's and scalpers that buy up everything except NECA figures that are sitting on shelves for months .

I wish I was so spoiled for choice. I'd love to get my hands on more Neca 8"!
And I wouldn't really call POTA a bad choice. Still surprises me they didn't sell.

MIB41
Dec 29, '15, 12:46 PM
Saw this movie and I got to say, even though the cast itself is excellent, it's an odd movie to make figures out of. Not exactly sure why there would be any desire to have figures based on this story. It's an intriguing movie with some interesting social messaging, but I wouldn't exactly think of these characters as something I would put on my shelf. It doesn't exactly translate like that.

Teemu
Dec 29, '15, 2:05 PM
Saw this movie and I got to say, even though the cast itself is excellent, it's an odd movie to make figures out of. Not exactly sure why there would be any desire to have figures based on this story. It's an intriguing movie with some interesting social messaging, but I wouldn't exactly think of these characters as something I would put on my shelf. It doesn't exactly translate like that.

agreed! I thought the movie was pretty stupid myself and lost all desire to buy figures for such a long-winded and overly violent unnecessary film for the purpose of some kind of "western" entertainment?

Not dropping $250+ no matter how nice they may look

Confessional
Dec 29, '15, 4:38 PM
For me it was more of a film event… the 70mm lens/print was gorgeous, the score (heavy on the bassoon!) by Ennio Morricone was killer, the camera work made use of a deep depth of field and width even in the confines of Minnie's, and if you're a fan of QT's snappy dialogue and wicked expose of human violence, well it delivered. I'd agree the story itself, and particularly the flashback chapter, had problems and didn't make the most of the epic (character building) structure. Despite the flaws I thought the acting, especially by KR, SJ, WG and JJL, rocked.

I also appreciated being in a theater with an excellent sound system to enjoy the overture, score and sound effects. I (luckily!) had some of best popcorn in my life and it was fun to read the program pre-show and talk with others during intermission. I dug the roadshow experience and it would be supercool if QT's effort leads to other filmmakers using the format. So fun!

NECA has the figures for individual sale; you can buy anyone (or none) without spending said *$250+.* ;)

GlobalObserver
Dec 29, '15, 5:12 PM
Only $228.99 with free shipping for the 8-figure set at EE.

That's only $28.62 per figure shipped.

For figures of this quality, that's a bargain.

wise guy
Dec 30, '15, 10:29 AM
My Toys R us has Neca 8" FOR 29.99 EA and has Taylor , Soldier Ape, 2 different colored Freddie Kruegars, Jason from Friday 13th, Leatherface and soon to carry some of these. No point in ordering all 8 to save 12.00 plus these are really ugly figures (IMO) with no cult following yet and the hats don't come off

Gorn Captain
Dec 30, '15, 11:37 AM
Only $228.99 with free shipping for the 8-figure set at EE.

That's only $28.62 per figure shipped.

For figures of this quality, that's a bargain.

Yeah, if international shipping didn't ruin it for me, I'd be in. Neca 8" goes for about $45 a piece here.