• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imp
    Mego Book Author
    • Apr 20, 2003

Mego Toys at the Shrine: Sunday Feb. 17th

It's show-time again!

Rob Chatlin (rchatlin), myself will have a dealer table at this Sunday's (02/17/08) Los Angeles Comic Book & Sci Fi Convention at the Shrine Auditorium.

Sadly, Mike Armes (marmes) heard the call of duty and won't be joining us. He will re-join the Mego party in March.

As with last month, we will have a broad range of Mego figures — MOC, MIB and Loose — on display and available for purchase. We'll also have vintage Kenner, Mattel, Popy, Medicom and more. It will be a vintage toy lover's dream. I will also have copies of the Mego book on hand and can sign books for anyone interested in acquiring an inscribed edition.

Rob and I will post pictures of the event here, after the show, but if anyone is in Southern California, we'd love it if you stopped by the show. We actually have THREE tables this time, and we'd love to see you there. Here's the info:

Shrine Auditorium
    Expo Center
    700 West 32nd St.
    Los Angeles, CA

The official Web site for the con is here:

Los Angeles Comic Book & Sci Fi Convention

Guests include stars from TV's Jericho, actress Katy Sagal and Teen Titans Year 1 Writer Amy Wolfram.

Hope to see you there. Pictures to follow.

Benjamin
  • jayihdz
    aaaggghhhh!
    • Mar 6, 2007

I will be there, but this time I wont be bringing my dog so I can spend more time there.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

I will be there in spirit .

Comment

• imp
        Mego Book Author
        • Apr 20, 2003

A Success!

I'm home from the show, and it was a great success for both Rob and me. I signed seven (!) copies of the book and sold a tremendous amount of vintage toy goodness.

I was also approached by a casting director, who discussed testing me for TV’s “Deal or No Deal” and “1 vs. 100.” I would dig being on either show, not to mention winning a little cabbage. I will audition for the show runners tomorrow, and I’ll report more here if anything comes of it.

Here's a picture, taken by a friendly show attendee named Pabboo who loves Mego and "had them all" as a kid. Thanks for stopping by, and for sending the pic!

Above: Me (imp, left), Rob Chatlin (rchatlin, middle) and our Mego buddy Jay (jayihdz, right)

Here's the blog, but I've posted the gist of it above:

World's Greatest Toys! Blog

Both Rob and I forgot our cameras, but luckily Jay brought his camera and will post pictures of our table set-up whenever he manages to navigate the nasty L.A. traffic. Hope you got home safely, Jay!

Benjamin

Comment

• imp
          Mego Book Author
          • Apr 20, 2003

Update: More Pics!

I updated the Blog with more pics from the show. Thanks, Jay!

Read the blog.

Benjamin

Comment

• jayihdz
            aaaggghhhh!
            • Mar 6, 2007

Thanks guys I had a great time! Also I added to my collection a coupleof great Megos.

Comment

• starsky
              veteran member
              • Aug 26, 2007

from the pics definitely a good lookin table . which ones did you pick up?

Comment

• jayihdz
                aaaggghhhh!
                • Mar 6, 2007

Green Goblin and silk screen Wonder Woman

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

man.. nice looking table guys.Great pic of you guys together
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• z3zep
                    The Girl Next Door
                    • Sep 30, 2006

Great pictures (love the blog about the game show) and Benjamin your book is awesome!

Are you going to any toy shows on the East Coast? New York Metro Area?

Comment

• imp
                      Mego Book Author
                      • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by z3zep
                      Great pictures (love the blog about the game show) and Benjamin your book is awesome!

Are you going to any toy shows on the East Coast? New York Metro Area?
                      Thank you. It is very gratifying to learn someone is enjoying the book. I hope something comes of the game show experience, but I'm glad I auditioned regardless.

I will actually be in New York this May, but I am unaware of any NY/NJ toy-related events during that time-frame. Are there any shows in May?! Please let me know, and I'll work it into my East coast adventure.

Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎