Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save J'onn J'onzz The Martian Manhunter!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Save J'onn J'onzz The Martian Manhunter!

70s artist Michael Netzer has an online petition going to save J'onn J'onzz, who is rumored to bite the big one in the upcoming "Final Crisis":

Best UV Curable Adhesives Glue Manufacturer And UV Curing Adhesive Glue Suppliers In China, waterproof glue for plastic, metal, glass and rubber, specializing in adhesives for semiconductor, home appliance and electronic assembly applications

DC doesn't need to kill the character...just find someone good to write a monthly book for him (a split book with Aquaman would be cool!) and revert him back to his classic look instead of the Conehead wannabe.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

Signed...let's hope it'll do some good...he's another character that has been badly treated in the countdown/52 fiasco....
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Let the senseless killing of classic characters stop!
      Last edited by The Toyroom; Jan 28, '08, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Like the new FireStorm, or Ion.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Other than in Giffen's JLI, I'm really indifferent towards MM, and even in that case more often than not he was the straight man. My favourite appearance was when he guest starred in Animal Man.

Although I did enjoy his appearances in Smallville.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

He's supposed to be part of the JLA movie if that ever happens, so even if they do whack him, expect a revival.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Speaking of Firestorm, BK, they should find a way to revive the original Firestorm, Ronnie Raymond and dump this Jason Rousch loser...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Agreed, Ronnies Death was so stupid, & horrible in what they did to him. You know I really tried to like the new guy,.. bought about 9 issues. He just does nothing for me. DC should kill him. But they wont. They love killing great characters like Conner,.. & well now Manhunters on the chopping block.

However I did like it when Batman made the New FireStorm join the League,.. so he can "keep his eyes" on him..., I wonder if that meant anything.
                Last edited by BlackKnight; Jan 29, '08, 12:02 PM.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Never been a Fan of the Character...so it wouldn't bother Me if They killed Him.
                  sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

At this point, I think J'onn is the only Big Gun of the JLA who hasn't died.

Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Superman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Flash have all bit it and came back at some point. I think it's just MM's time. It's not like the aren't going to bring him back eventually right?

Batman of course is also rumoured on the choppping block with the Batman RIP storyline coming up.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

To be honest, i'd rather they kill of J'onn than Batman.

With J'onn, a resurrection isn't too far fetched. He's an alien after all, just like Superman.

With Batman...if they actually have him die and become a New God...that totally takes his character into a place it was never meant to be.

They shouldn't kill ANYONE though. Comic book death is a huge joke now.

How about they just do away with these huge crossovers and let the creators tell their stories unfettered by corporate doctrine? Now that would be shocking.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        They shouldn't kill ANYONE though. Comic book death is a huge joke now.

Chris

It's also an amazingly weak and unoriginal plot device these days. Deaths in the comics used to be something epochal, a major change in the universe not to be done lightly. I swear I can barely get through a book today without a hero dying. Its getting very tiresome!
                        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

....er....

Didn't they do this the LAST time the 80's happened; with Jason Todd? I seem to recall a phone in campaign or somesuch as to wether he should live or die. And in the end they'd decided to kill him ahead of time anyhoo. The rest was just for publicity.

Nice to see 'em trying something NEW for a change....

Don C.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

^ DC is not behind the "Save J'onn J'onzz" petition....it's Michael Netzer, a former DC artist, who feels the Martian Manhunter is still a viable character.

Jason Todd was indeed put to death by the phone-in campaign, which was orchestrated and sponsored by DC. He's back though so the point is moot.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                              Pat Troughton in disguise
                              • Nov 21, 2007

Let the man...er...martian eat his oreos and milk in peace and leave him alone.
                              ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎