X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by txteach
    I have heard these repos referred to as megos a few times now.
    I have yet to miss a single payment on mine. So I'm good.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

txteach-megos are what got me going at 7 years old. I have fond memories of megos and playing with them. With nothing new coming out by EMCE I do not have the same feelings I had about megos with these figures.
      I hear and understand what you say and can stand beside you on this point,
      However;My son is six years old and to him these are brand new.He associates them to my MEGOs and therefor thinks of them as new MEGOs.I have explained to him that these are copies of MEGOs made by EMCE toys and he still calls them MEGOs(or my guys;as in,Hey dad have you seen where my guys are?).Maybe he always will,only time will tell?
      For me I can relive my memories through him as he gets his figures.
      It actually is pretty cool watching him play with the same toys I had as a child and watching him use his "IMAGINATION".

So if I have called them MEGOs by mistake,I apologize to the hardcores.
      I do try to make sure I give credit to EMCE.for what it's worth to me they are different yet still a part of the MEGO dream.
      I to would love to see something new to relive that true feeling of excitement
      as I said before I am happy watching my son get excited opening his new figures.
      Right now my hopes lie with EMCE and castaway to bring out new figures...
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• txteach
        Banned
        • Jun 17, 2005

Your son's excitement is what it's all about. Sorry about the REPO mistake. I wrote that quick while at work.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by txteach
          Sorry about the REPO mistake. I wrote that quick while at work.
          No worries, I'm just teasing.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

Prepare to get excited.
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by drmego
              Prepare to get excited.
              .......Awww Man!
              How am I supposed to sleep tonight with a teaser post like this floating around unanswered????

I hope the wait is short!
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Prepare to get excited.

Aw...Paul, that's just EVIL! You're killing Me!
                sigpic

Comment

• censy
                  thread killer
                  • Sep 26, 2007

Prepare to get excited.
                  What if I am already excited?

Chris

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                    I hear and understand what you say and can stand beside you on this point,
                    However;My son is six years old and to him these are brand new.He associates them to my MEGOs and therefor thinks of them as new MEGOs.I have explained to him that these are copies of MEGOs made by EMCE toys and he still calls them MEGOs(or my guys;as in,Hey dad have you seen where my guys are?).Maybe he always will,only time will tell?
                    For me I can relive my memories through him as he gets his figures.
                    It actually is pretty cool watching him play with the same toys I had as a child and watching him use his "IMAGINATION".

So if I have called them MEGOs by mistake,I apologize to the hardcores.
                    I do try to make sure I give credit to EMCE.for what it's worth to me they are different yet still a part of the MEGO dream.
                    I to would love to see something new to relive that true feeling of excitement
                    as I said before I am happy watching my son get excited opening his new figures.
                    Right now my hopes lie with EMCE and castaway to bring out new figures...

Thanks what I'm talking about FallenSaviour. We all wish Mego was still around, but it isn't. Would this even be an issue if Paul or anyone else (w/ Marty Abrams blessing) started another company, called it Mego and turned out this figures? I mean really, what's in a name? These are just Mego: The Next Generation. Ok, so these aren't ORIGINAL 70's Megos. So what? Do they have less play value b/c the have the EMCE name on them and they clothing and accessories are a little different? Our Mego gallery is full of figures with different variations, so what's the difference? Is the thrill any less opening that action figure for the first time, or watching your kids play w/ these gems they way you did when you were little? I think not. These are toys to be celebrated. We have our Megos back! And we're getting MORE! And now we don't have to say "I wish my kids could experience the fun I had w/ these toys" b/c now they can! It's a great time to be a Mego collector. And I'm gonna go right on calling these new guys MEGOS.

Thank you, Paul.
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• drmego
                      EMCE Toys
                      • Jun 15, 2001

The reality is that no one can come back into the industry with the name "mego" because LEGO won that trademark case.
                      www.drmego.com
                      www.megoman.com
                      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Hulk
                        Mayor of Megoville
                        • May 10, 2003

Trust me, Doc is right.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

OOPS! I'd forgotten about that, Doc. But even so, you're still The Next Generation, and no matter what name we call it, we know it's still Mego.
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• toysrus
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 23, 2007

New POTA toys

Hi all!

Which online store is the best value and safest place to buy the new POTA re-issues? Has anybody ordered yet?

Thanks

Comment

• Action Martin
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 30, 2007

They haven't been officially solicited yet. Big Bad Toy Store is taking advance orders though.
                              Scott

Comment

• JDeRouen
                                Author of Small Things
                                • Jun 14, 2001

I'll be offering them, as I'm sure Hulk will, but I think they're still a long ways away from being offered for sale.
                                --
                                Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎