X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yokaijohn
    Keep it coolin', baby
    • Oct 1, 2008

Yama-jijii(やまじじい)

Yamajijii(やまじじい)also known as Yama-chichi(there is also an entirely different Yokai with the name Yama-chichi as well),is a Yokai from Shikoku Island(the tales are very wide spread throughout the island)that is said to live in the mountains there.Most stories agree that he has a large rock-like head with one huge eye in the center of his head with a mouth full of small razor sharp teeth and a body covered in gray short-haired fur and that he can read minds(much like the Satori)and that he has a very loud voice capable of killing(with which he usually likes to challenge people to a loudness contest).There are also many stories where a Yama-jijii is kept as a pet like a hunting dog by hunters.Some stories say he is Child sized other stories say he is the size of a rather large man.Some stories say in addition to his large eye,he has another very small eye,other stories say he has only one eye,one arm,and one leg.Some stories say he is a peace-full nature loving creature,other stories say he will take away animals and small children to eat.
    Here's my Yama-jijii action figure.I sculpted his rock-like head from clay over a CTVT Cochise head.His body is a Castaway tan (original flesh) colored body which I sculpted on fur with the clay.I painted all sculpted parts with acrylic paints and sealed with Modpodge.

You can see more pics of my latest Yokai here:
    Pictures by yokaijohn001 - Photobucket
    Monsters and much more by YokaiJohn on Etsy
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Another weird one, but I love it
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

He looks familiar. I am sure I spotted him when I lived on Shikoku Island :D

He's so cute John!

Comment

• piecemaker
        There's no need to fear..
        • Jan 26, 2009

Freaky looking Yokai,Awesome job!

Comment

• yokaijohn
          Keep it coolin', baby
          • Oct 1, 2008

Thanks Thomas,Cat,and PM,glade you all liked the rock-headed Yokai Yamajijii!And Cat,I'm sure you did(or at least heard him)especially if you ever visited the mountains there.

Comment

• QDOGG
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 13, 2007

Too cool! The body work is awesome!!!

Comment

• yokaijohn
              Keep it coolin', baby
              • Oct 1, 2008

Thanks Wayne!