X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Lost

I got my Lost figures from Entertainment Earth today!

sigpic LaserMego
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Yay! Mine came yesterday, my review is in the works. Overall---I'm very pleased.
    This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Hurley not only has a padded shirt, but a padded butt! Unfortunately, mine has a defective body: the arm and leg on the right side are floppy and he can't stand up without falling over. I'm sure I can re-string him, but its a bit discouraging. Also, the neck plug look strange as doesn't sit flush on the body. Overall he seems a bit off, but I suppose its challenging to make an obese character on a standard Mego body.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

good pic shot,i got my emails ,and mine should be along soon,i dont watch lost.its kind of like back in the day,i didnt watch chips or the dukes of hazzard but i loved the figures,thats the way it is with lost,i love the figures,i did get around to the dukes,and its a good show,so ill get the dvds of lost someday .love those "8" figures .dr.who i do watch,those figures are gonna be soooo cooool .

Comment

• Captain_Dan
          Museum Super Collector
          • Dec 19, 2010

Those are pretty sweet.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

cool, mine say they won't be here till the 20th. looks like they corrected the skin tone color of the heads

Comment

• megoscott
              Founding Partner
              • Nov 17, 2006

Here's a group shot out of the package. The head problems were all straightened out. The color is good, the detail from the sculpt is all there with no distortion. Lots of nice detail in the eyes, Locke especially has a lot of spirit to him. The edge of the necks are not perfectly smooth, Paul is right about that. My bodies all work great, but Kate is a little tightly strung I think. I'm surprised how good the Kate's head turned out, given what the prototype looked like. They tried to do freckles, which are a little odd. I'm working on an obsessive review, so more later.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Hmmmmm....You're tempting me dammit....I may have to get a Locke. And a Kate....And a Ben (although I think I would be changing his attire). Hurley I think would benefit from a wardrobe change as well. His hair still bothers me....the sculpted look doesn't quite do it for me and it should at least be touching his shoulders....of course that would probably limit head movement. Still not sold on MIB and Jacob. And of course, they'll be all coming off their cards and replaced with a custom one. Those cards are hideous IMHO.
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• megoscott
                  Founding Partner
                  • Nov 17, 2006

I wouldn't say hideous, they look nice altogether and the figures look good on them but I have many custom card fantasies.

Allow me to tempt you further...

Here's my first attempt at a new Hurley look. I think he's a winner with the right pants and shirt. I don't see any way around the hair, but a collared shirt will help.

This guy you know...

Ben is so easy in the Al Bundy clothes from CTVT

What about Me?? What about MEGOS???
                  Last edited by megoscott; Jan 16, '11, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Who would have thought years later we'd be thanking CTVT for Al Bundy?
                    Yes Ben definitely looks better with a new outfit and I really like what you did with Hurley.

The cards bother me because 1) I usually prefer artwork or photos in the cameos rather than pics of the figures. 2) The shape of that card with the hang tag portion.....I'd rather have it smaller and fit in a clamshell. 3) Maybe it's just the photos (?) but the backgrounds have always looked washed out like they've been sun-bleached after sitting in a drug store window since the Dharma days

And I think I just noticed....with the exception of the MIB/Jacob cards are the rest all different backgrounds? Is there a particular reason behind that? Kate's looks like it might be Dharma barracks, Ben the jungle and Hurley and Locke the beach but even those last two look different from each other...
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

They went with a posterized photograph look, an inexpensive art solution and I'm sure photos of the actors would have too much cost and trouble with approvals. Spend the budget on the figures, I say.

They gave them each a theme--Hurley is Oceanic Six, it has a LA backdrop, Kate is listed as Dharma Initiative with the barracks, Locke is Beach, Ben is others. Jacob/Mib are the same--a beach with one guy and the Black Rock in the distance.

Comment

• e
                        • Mar 8, 2010

sorry if this has been covered elsewhere...

are the heads on MIB and jacob being (or have been) improved from their SDCC release to their new series release?

Comment

• megoscott
                          Founding Partner
                          • Nov 17, 2006

No, I'm pretty sure they haven't changed since August.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 10, 2007

Loved the show.
                            They look good, but they are a easy pass for me.

Lynn

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Oh man, I didn't realize there were out!! They look pretty good. I like your group shot Scott, and I like Ben with the new clothes much better than the rag tag look.

Thanks to that dumb group shot, I'm going to have to pick these up!
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎