Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Am Still Alive - Not Punctual, Just Alive! An Indy Update.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris DVM
    Veterinarian Member
    • Jun 18, 2001

I Am Still Alive - Not Punctual, Just Alive! An Indy Update.

Hello All:
    Yes, I am still alive. The last three months have seen many internal challenges to my life and family that I had to deal with (none tragic or harrowing, just tons and tons of mundane stuff) and had put almost everything else in my world on hold, including everything Mego. That has included, much to my embarrassment, the Indy figures that 17 people here on the site have paid for and have been waiting for for over 6 months.
    Well, New Year and New Years goals. God/Fate/Karma has finally tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me of my responsibilities. Most of you have seen that the South (esp. Atlanta) has been hit with over 7 inches of snow. This means that not only was my veterinary clinic closed today, but it is closed tomorrow and I am off on Wednesday. So, accepting the hint from above, I am working to finish all of the figures and get them in the mail by Friday of this week. I need to contact a few of you to verify not only addresses but 'conditions' of the purchases (those who are referenced by this know who you are). As part of my penance for my severe delay, I am putting all of them together, even the kit figures (although the heads will not be painted), and dressing them as well. For those who helped put them together at MegoMeet 2010, you will be able to attest to everyone else that this punishment more than fits the crime.
    I also have a bunch of stuff going up on Ebay tomorrow, so I would love if any of you would take a look. Like I said, New Year, New Years goals.
    Work on MegoMeet 2011 Exclusive Figure starts next week, although the groundwork is already in progress.
    I hope that all those that purchased an Indy from the second run will accept my apology.
    Chris DVM
    "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain
  • SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

To all the people waiting...your Indy will be well worth the wait IMO...I really love mine.

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

Looking forward to it Chris. Glad all is well. And yes, as someone who put the figures together at MM, he's right.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megocrazy
        Museum Trouble Maker
        • Feb 18, 2007

I will never buckle a pair of tiny pants again.
        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• bobws
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 13, 2008

Thanks for the update, i knew you would get around to it.
          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

Glad all is well Chris. I'm sure they appreciate the update . . . they won't be disappointed, IMO by far the best MM figure!
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Flynne
              Permanent Member
              • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by megocrazy
              Aw, come one! Suck it up, Sally! It wasn't that bad.

Wait... on second thought, maybe it was.
              An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by megocrazy
                hahahah made me laugh Chuck.
                I can hear that Jersey voice as I say it in my mind.

belt loops
                belt loops

Glad all is well Chris!
                I'm supposed to be in your neck of the woods next week at:
                9040 Roswell Rd.
                Atlanta, Georgia 30350

Me and a bud are flying down to spend the week. If fortune smiles, looks like we're only 20 minutes away...

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

Good to see one of the good guys is, well... good. I just bought my first Joe Namath item in your honor
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                    • Mar 15, 2008

Great to hear you're back in the swing of things, Chris! Can't wait to get the Indy figure!
                    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Chris DVM
                      Veterinarian Member
                      • Jun 18, 2001

Trip

Hey,
                      Thanks for all the well wishes, but don't congrats me yet - I need to finish the figures first!!
                      Chris DVM
                      Last edited by Chris DVM; Jan 12, '11, 5:55 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong way
                      "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• johnmiic
                        Adrift
                        • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Wee67
                        Good to see one of the good guys is, well... good. I just bought my first Joe Namath item in your honor
                        That was you who won that auction?

Comment

• bobws
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 13, 2008

So is this years exclusive figure ... Marion Ravenwood? and did i post this already somewhere? i'm feeling some Deja Vu.
                          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Timothy2251
                            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                            • Mar 15, 2008

Has there been any progress on the figures yet? Still eager to get my Indy!
                            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎