X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Dida Legion of Doom Part 2--Interior and design

Setting aside the exterior art for a bit, I'd like some feedback on the playset design. I'm working up 2 carrying case versions, regular and deluxe.

Both will be in the inverted wedge design, which is a Dida Carrying case but on it's side. LOD Building on one, clash art on the other. The outside walls will have something cool, TBD.

Both will have a table like in the show with a podium for Lex.

The regular one is like this. It'd be 22" wide and 20" deep and 9" tall when open. I think this will be great, but possibly a little cramped if you go over a certain number of figures, especially when the table is in place. Also, the computer screen on the side wall will really not be so accessible, which is a problem to me.

The deluxe will have two addition folding panels to extend the walls and the whole thing will tip onto it's side to open up. The roof lifts up to make the big shiny thing behind Lex taller. This would be 19" deep 20" tall and about 30" wide. The multiple Lexes are to just give a sense of scale and how many figures might display.... My question is: Is this more Legion of Doom than you'd want?

This art is still rough---but I think a city in the window and a computer on the side makes sense. It's a tough playset in that it's really an enormous fancy conference room.....

Here's some screen caps from the show...

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!
    This profile is no longer active.
  • mikeoz
    Mego Maker
    • Mar 9, 2007

Dang, Scott, that is unbelievable! The table is a fantastic idea! Keep us posted on the progress.
    Looking for:
    Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Scott, looks great, but I'd put a swamp scene in the window. The Hall of Doom was always nestled "deep in a murky swamp" unless it was out flying around through time or something.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• censy
        thread killer
        • Sep 26, 2007

Looking good Scott, seems like an ideal amount of space. But with only one DC villain in my collection, it is too much LOD for me right now : )

Chris

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

Chris---I know what you mean. I must say I was inspired by the view in the Alex Ross LOD image. Image:Legion Of Doom (Justice).jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

• blastphemey
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 11, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Scott, looks great, but I'd put a swamp scene in the window. The Hall of Doom was always nestled "deep in a murky swamp" unless it was out flying around through time or something.

Chris

yes i agree

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
              Stuck in a laundry shoot.
              • Oct 8, 2007

It isn't too much LOD for me, as I am currently working on the entire Legion of Doom 13 roster you have pictured (except Riddler). I think it is sweet looking. I do like that ARoss Justice image, so I am pretty ok with the city scene, but the swamp idea is cool as well plus it stays on track with the cartoon. Some form of table is a must. I think the you are right on track. I want this thing with a bunch of empty chairs (Lex is standing.), so I can gradually fill 'em up 1 at a time. Sweet. A highlight for my collection.
              "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

Ok, swamp is easy enough.

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Man, what an awesome recreation. Although the swamp probably makes more sense I think the city will look better
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

I think the swamp scene would be a better choice. It seems to me that the Hall of Doom may be smaller inside that the "normal" basic displays sets though.

Question: will there be enough room around the conferance table for the 8 Luthors AND chairs? I've been using CTVT's captains chairs and I know those take up quite a bit of room.
                    Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                      It isn't too much LOD for me, as I am currently working on the entire Legion of Doom 13 roster you have pictured (except Riddler).
                      I'd like to do the whole team as well. I already have Luthor, Grodd, Grundy, Brainiac, Black Manta, Sinestro, and Mego Riddler. I have my eyes on Captain Cold, Toyman, and Cheetah. But I don't want to start female customs until female bodies become more "available". For some reason I just don't want Bizarro, Scarecrow, and Giganta.
                      Scott

Comment

• jemboy2004
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2005

I want one to go with my Dida HOJ set! I'd display them side by side. When this is done I'm gonna get one for sure. I really love it!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎