• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Makernaut
    Ahhhh, Jenny Agutter.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
      If anybody watches that new Stephen King movie Doctor Sleep i'd like to hear about it.

The TV commercials make it look like it's a direct sequel to Kubrick's Shining including showing the twin girls, but we all know King HATES that movie and would not make a sequel to it.

That said, it doesn't remotely look like a sequel to his mini-series either.
      the movie is a sequel to Kubricks version. King likely sold the rights to the book and so the studio can do what they want.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Terminator: Dark Fate

This is supposed to be a direct sequel to Terminator 2 as Cameron says he ignores the other movies made since 2. It's a shame because the movie is kind of boring. Schwarzeneger has a few moments but most the film just happens. The biggest flaw, IMHO, is that you never really connect or attach to any of the characters. There are some great action sequences, but you really wouldn't be upset if one of the main characters died. I blame the script and Tim Miller. Oh, and Linda Hamilton's just awful, over-the-top acting. - C for the creative action sequences.
        Last edited by Wee67; Nov 10, '19, 3:48 PM.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i enjoyed Dark Fate. as I said previously, the acting is what you expect in this type of movie. I thought the action sequences were really good. but, it is also a product of the womens empowerment movement. girl power and all that, so I guess that may turn off some people. I don't really think that is necessary in a Terminator movie, as one of the main characters has always been a strong female.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Terminator Dark Fate sucked. I’m glad it bombed at the box office.

Why?

You know why...

***SPOILERS!!!***

They kill off John Connor in the very beginning of the damn bloody movie...that’s why!!!!!!!!!!! It completely disregards and shiats on the entire premise/purpose/point of Terminator 2...saving John Connor!!! It’s exactly mimicking what happened in Alien 3. The very beginning of that movie kills off Hicks, Newt, and Bishop. Those three SURVIVED in the movie Aliens. The entire point of Aliens was Ripley saving Newt!!!! SO WHY BOTHER????? Argh... I’M GLAD DARK FATE BOMBED. RETIRE THE FRANCHISE ALREADY!!! HASTA LA VISTA, BABY!!!!! And hey, you’d think I’d be elated that the new central character is a Mexican girl and the new Terminator was played by a Mexican actor (as I’m Mexican-American)...but not at the expense of disposing of the important character of John Connor. Sorry, but this movie was caca.

***END OS SPOILERS!!!***
            sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

it's a reboot. they are just restarting the whole premise. I did not mind that change. they had already rehashed the whole John Connor bit in every single movie

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

Why does Dracula think controlling Frankenstein will allow him to conquer the world ?

Frankie can't even hold off a few villagers with torches

Also, does Dracula realize Frankenstein's current brain is actually Igor's brain ? … So Bela Lugosi wants to take out his own brain

When Wolfman grabbed the Dracula bat and fell into the crashing water he should not have died -- only silver bullet, right ? …. If he could die so easily wouldn't Talbot have just killed himself earlier ?

McDougal's House of Horrors displaying the original Frankenstein monster seem weird … Wouldn't that be like Madam Tussaud displaying the real body of Vladimir Lenin alongside their wax figures of Elvis and Michael Jackson ?

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

EPIX free preview month leads to all sorts of horrible movie watching…

Old Dracula (1974) with Whitney Houston look-a-like vampire bride and David Niven in black face: 1/10

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Overlord.

Wow, I was blown away...great friggin movie.

My mini thoughts in this one year old thread...

I went to see Overlord tonight. I've been interested in seeing it since I saw the first trailer. At the basis of the movie it's played off as the movie version of the Call of Duty Zombie game but it's much more than that. It takes place on D-Day, hence the title. It's produced by JJ Abrams and has some recognizable faces in

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

i still have to check that one out. I will search this weekend

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

Why does Dracula think controlling Frankenstein will allow him to conquer the world ?

Frankie can't even hold off a few villagers with torches

Also, does Dracula realize Frankenstein's current brain is actually Igor's brain ? … So Bela Lugosi wants to take out his own brain

When Wolfman grabbed the Dracula bat and fell into the crashing water he should not have died -- only silver bullet, right ? …. If he could die so easily wouldn't Talbot have just killed himself earlier ?

McDougal's House of Horrors displaying the original Frankenstein monster seem weird … Wouldn't that be like Madam Tussaud displaying the real body of Vladimir Lenin alongside their wax figures of Elvis and Michael Jackson ?

Also...the last universal monsters movie before A&B meet Frankenstein was House of Dracula, now wasn't Larry Talbot cured of his curse? because at the end of that movie he stood in the bright moon light and never changed.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

just watched Overlord. that movie was awesome.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                            just watched Overlord. that movie was awesome.
                            Yeah!

Kinda a shame it went under the radar. If more people were to discover it...I think it could turn into a cult classic.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Watched the recent CHiPs movie on Comedy Central the other day.

Being a big CHiPs fan I naturally expected to hate it - especially after all the negative reviews.

To my surprise it was at least watchable --- The studio should have released it as a stand alone buddy cop comedy with no references to CHiPs

I'd give it 1-1/2 stars out of 5 …. A way higher rating than I would have expected before I seen it.

Comment

• Wee67
                                Museum Correspondent
                                • Apr 2, 2002

Battle for the Planet of the Apes

I just got a bug and decided to brake out my POTA set and watch the final film. It was kind of sad to see how far this franchise had fallen. It was watchable and even enjoyable at times, but that might be because of my already established love for the franchise. The plot seemed to steamroll into war with almost no nuance at all. The more recent 'War for the POTA' was a much better told story. Overall- C-
                                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎