X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

New DC collectibles Batman animated line

Im so happy they are comtinuing this line....

Check them out at 1,20 min

Pixel Dan checks out DC Collectibles and even catches up with Jim Fletcher at San Diego Comic Con 2018!#SDCC #SDCC2018 #DC #DCCollectibles #BatmanSUBSCRIBE t...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

It's a great-looking line. Are the figures sturdy?

I'm holding out for New Adventures Penguin.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• alex
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 15, 2009

Like on a previous post, I went Gaga on this line, and bought the whole lot in a year. and havent had a single problem with them. I dont normally collect modern action figures(not including Reaction stuff) but they are just simply amazing. Ok maybe they dont stand so great on their own, but those stands just present them so well with them.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
        Career Member
        • Nov 22, 2011

Im in on anything Batman
        "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          It's a great-looking line. Are the figures sturdy?

I'm holding out for New Adventures Penguin.
          I am selling my collection because its hard to care for these figures. For me.

With so many accessories and alternate body parts, they are definitely "collector's" figures to the Nth degree.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's been improvement since I stopped collecting them, but the figures are overall quite brittle. I never had so many figures break, as I had break in this line.

Also, they are very hard to stand. And they come with stands! But the stand itself can be tricky.

I love the shows these figures are based on. And the scale is great.

But I just thought I'd share my experiences because of the question you asked.

That said: I'll probably buy some of these in the future, as they appear to be expanding into Justice League (and even more interesting characters)... but for now, financially, I need all the "line-dropping" that I can get and these were the first to take out of my "must-buy" list... and< I think a lot of that reason was because unlike, say, Marvel Select or Universe, or DC Icons/Essentials, with these Timm/Dini figures, I'm a completist. So cutting this line is a huge wallet-relief.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Personally, I've had a lot more luck with these than earlier DC Direct/Collectibles lines. I have quite a few of the BTAS figures, and have had no issues thus far. I've had older DCD figures break while just standing on a shelf!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              Personally, I've had a lot more luck with these than earlier DC Direct/Collectibles lines. I have quite a few of the BTAS figures, and have had no issues thus far. I've had older DCD figures break while just standing on a shelf!

Chris
              I got a DCD Poison Ivy, Supergirl and Aqualad and probably a couple other that have broke. But they were purchased to fill in gaps that Mattel's DCUC did not (with respect to Bronze Age costumes). So I wasn't buying them to any large, notable measure. That's why the Batman Animated figures breaking was like apples/oranges... to me personally.

By the way, Some DCD will never break... like Mera and Black Lightning. They were all over the place designwise (as they were all over the place stylistically).

These Timm/Dini Batman Animated DCC figures are similar, if not exact, executed designs stylistically. I'm hoping they have changed the core material used to make the figures since the wave era that I stopped buying them. Investing in a material with a tad more flexibility/pliability would make a huge difference.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^I think I remember the first wave had breakage issues, but they went back into production with them with sturdier material.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  ^I think I remember the first wave had breakage issues, but they went back into production with them with sturdier material.

Chris
                  The experience I had with them, leads me to believe this was something approaching a lie on DCC's part.

I realize saying DCC was lying is a huge accusation to make, but I collected the first 5 waves or so, and saw no difference in materials. The newer figures broke just as easily.

The way I took it, where it was "kind of" telling the truth, is that maybe they began using the new material in the 5th wave or further down the line, as there have been about 5 waves since I stopped collecting them... I imagine they've got around to truly replacing the material by now.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎