X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Favorite vintage Mego packaging?

What's your favorite vintage Mego Packaging?

For me, it's the Mad Monster boxes--I love the colors, logos, the beautiful Gray Morrow art. Everything comes together perfectly and complements the figures.

(My runner-up would be the Bullmark apes boxes. If those could be combined with the fantastic Palitoy apes art, it would be stunning.)
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 24, '18, 4:03 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

I'll give you three

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Hands down my favorite Mego packaging, and some of my favorite toy packaging ever. PERIOD.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Any of the Micronauts packaging that featured Ken Kelly art...

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Such good choices! I love the Micro-Aliens--didn't know those were Kelly. The standard Superman in that box--indeed perfect. And the Palitoy-Bradgate comics cards--they really *pop* (I've coveted their Penguin for years.)

I didn't recall the Trek cards being painted, I confess to not paying much attention to Mego's smaller lines.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Wow... Now THAT is a challenge. I would have to say the packaging for the 12 inch figures like Superman (the movie) , Hulk, and Spider-man really captured my imagination as a kid. I loved the collage approach on Spidey and Hulk and thoroughly enjoyed the classic Superman artwork on the movie figures. Of course had I been exposed to Palitoy, we would be having a different conversation. Their two pack of Starsky and Hutch is gorgeous. Brian I'm jealous of you.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Mad Monsters and Micronauts.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, I'd also have to go with the Gray Morrow Mad Monster boxes and the Ken Kelly Micronauts packaging. Gorgeous!

Comment

• Marvelmania
                  A Ray of Sunshine
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Love the CAH playset box artwork the best!!!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                    To Fear is Not Logical...
                    • Feb 17, 2008

Fortress of Solitude and Exploding Bridge Boxes were awesome.

One that always fascinated me (pun intended) is the art on the phaser II box. Even in the seventies, as a kid, it looked like there was a violation of the prime directive going on phaser-ing down the Cheron for what looked like no reason. Lol
                    It's all good!

Comment

• J.B.
                      Guild Navigator
                      • Jun 23, 2010

C.A.H. and Flash Gordon.
                      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Have you seen the British Flash Gordon cards? Spiffy.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 26, '18, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

I really like the Denim Pocket Hero cards and the Die-Cast Hero boxes.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

I have a soft spot for the window box packaging that my RC Batman came in. Also love the Alien landscape cards from Star Trek.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎