X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

rolling stones appeciation thread

just read charlie watts is not going to do their us tour because of somekinda surgery ...btw he's 80 years old

where has the time gone ?

12 X 5 introduced me to the stones

Brian Jones --- totally loved his teardrop guitar
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Dig. They have put out a lot of incredible music over their time. What I love is that after all these years, I keep getting surprised by how many Rolling Stones' songs STILL show up in a commercial or in a movie. "She's A Rainbow" was used in commercial and QT used "Out of Time" in "Once Upon a Time....In Hollywood" right about the same time and they both gave me some pretty good feels.

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

Driving to Pittsburgh to see them in October (hopefully). Sad that Watts won’t be there. Their original cancelled concert in Cleveland was on my son’s 18th birthday and was the absolute perfect gift for him. But it wasn’t meant to be. We’ll still be there as this is probably the only item on my bucket list and also the likely last chance at it. Love the Stones.

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

Love the Stones. Speaking of Charlie, up until last year, I always thought the lyrics to this song went:

Yeah, you got the mix and Charlie,
        you got the Sticks, it must be love,
        It's a b!tch, yeah

Ha. Leave it to Mick to dress up like Sinbad loves Chachi.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

Charlie still plays by himself for drumming too. he is probably the only drummer his age that hasn't brought in a 2nd drummer to play along with him and do the tougher bits. I hope he is okay. they say he is on doctors orders to rest while he recovers.

i dig the stones. One of the few major rock acts that i never got around to seeing live. Maybe one day. Keith Richards will still be playing for my great grandkids probably, LOL

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i once saw an interview with Neil Peart from RUSH, RIP, where he was talking about the reason he was retiring being that he could not continue to play to his own standards and that in a few years time, he could still play, like Charlie Watts, but he could not play like Neil Peart.

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

Certainly deserves an RIP thread, but given that the surgery was the impetus for Mikey's post, I thought I would add this.

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dies at age 80

Watts, the Stones’ drummer since 1963, has died, after undergoing an undisclosed medical procedure and dropping out of the band's tour in early August.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Have tears in my eyes reading

Charlie seemed always so mechanical - but right where you want him

He was a drum machine from another universe

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

such sad news. the way they had described things earlier this month it sounded like he just needed time to recuperate. private till the end. I respect that. he was such a great drummer. very humble. i have the stones playing on my turntable now. RIP and thank you for the amazing music

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎