X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Remco Mini-Monsters...LIFE SIZED!!

I've been waiting for what seems like forever to share this here...

I had this custom mask made of the Remco Wolfman...it is a full size, wearable mask that faithfully recreates every detail of the classic action figure.

The Creature is next, and eventually I will have all six monsters in my collection!

• PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

That's inventive, I like it. Is it vacuformed like a classic mask? You know which one I'm anticipating...
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

So amazing. Is this by the guy that did the Kenner Cantina Alien masks?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I'm in love.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

That's freakin brilliant!

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            That's inventive, I like it. Is it vacuformed like a classic mask? You know which one I'm anticipating...
            No, it's a full over the head latex mask.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
              So amazing. Is this by the guy that did the Kenner Cantina Alien masks?
              Yep! Same guy.

I also have three other projects in the works by three different sculptors.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

aw man, i gotta show this to Ken. He's always been a little upset about how his sculpts turned out.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                  aw man, i gotta show this to Ken. He's always been a little upset about how his sculpts turned out.

I just read that interview with Ken Sheller. He sculpted the 9-inch monsters...did he do the mini-monsters as well?
                  Last edited by enyawd72; Nov 1, '18, 9:16 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

That's really cool.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                      Career Member
                      • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      I've been waiting for what seems like forever to share this here...

I had this custom mask made of the Remco Wolfman...it is a full size, wearable mask that faithfully recreates every detail of the classic action figure.

The Creature is next, and eventually I will have all six monsters in my collection!
                      You're the maniac behind these?!? I've got one thing to say to you, pal: THANK YOU! Talk about something I never knew I needed. What sort of timeline are you on for the rest, and where do I sign up?

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                        Career Member
                        • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
                        I just read that interview with Ken Sheller. He sculpted the 9-inch monsters...did he do the mini-monsters as well?
                        Ken didn't scupt the mini-monsters. They were sculpted by a guy who worked on Kenner's Star Wars, as well as a lot of other lines. He was recently interviewed for a book on Kenner as I understand.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
                          You're the maniac behind these?!? I've got one thing to say to you, pal: THANK YOU! Talk about something I never knew I needed. What sort of timeline are you on for the rest, and where do I sign up?
                          I'm not selling them...I just had this one made for myself. I talked to the sculptor about doing the others and he is very excited about the project. I even suggested a separate set of glow versions, just like the original figures.

The sculptor is Mark Enright at Mortarhead Studios. The timeline is basically whenever he can fit them in with all his other projects.

I also have an original Bigfoot mask being done at RZFX Creature Design based off the creature I encountered 36 years ago. I'm really looking forward to that one.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
                            Ken didn't scupt the mini-monsters. They were sculpted by a guy who worked on Kenner's Star Wars, as well as a lot of other lines. He was recently interviewed for a book on Kenner as I understand.
                            Yeah I got my wires crossed last night..
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• comicmike
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 22, 2009

Industrious...creativity beyond the stars. Truly. Pure "Hollywood".

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎