Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman 66 wave 6 confirmed plus all henchmen coming from FTC...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

wonder which gang for the Riddler, he didn't have the same guys all the time, River Rats, Mole Hill Mob. They ought to do Tuts and Eggheads goons, too.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• OCSuperman
      Museum Patron
      • Sep 4, 2014

Very excited for Newmar and Kitt figs! Love the henchmen idea!! Two Alfreds??? Not for me. I agree this seems to be the end of the 66' Batman line ... one I have enjoyed collecting.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by tjacwave50
        Mixed feelings on this, of course Newmar Catwoman is a must, Eartha okay but maybe not in the same release as Newmar
        henchmen sounds great, curious on what heads they will use? but the two different Alfred's I don't agree with, (sorry) but
        I would have rather seen Commissioner Gordon, Aunt Harriet, Sandman, Louie the Lilac, heck even a Warden Creighton would have been better than a cousin Egbert, and we have no love for Freddy the Fence?
        they can't do commissioner Gordon....every "new" character they have made is done in wave 6....only variants left now.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Alfred as Batman makes sense, as that notion has returned to modern times. Of course the Catwomen are a must. Cousin Iggy...not so much.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

I'll definitely get Newmar. If the Ertha sculpt is good I'll get her too. I hope both either don't have masks or the masks are removable. The mask band would be good for holding the hair down too.

A reissue of Alfred on the skinny body would be cool. I hope they use the skinny body on the Alfred as Batman so the suit bags on him like it did in the show. That should look great!

I'm kinda looking forward to the goons. Curious to see how they turn out. I'm imagining them using the generic original heads. I really don't see getting more than one of each though. Not enough shelf space at home.

JeffBearCO
            Last edited by jeffbearco; Feb 14, '17, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              Alfred as Batman makes sense, as that notion has returned to modern times.
              I've seen that trope in more modern Batman versions, for sure.

Also, I suppose popular tropes... especially those involving two main characters... are profitable.

Personally, I think the primary meter for (using your phrase) making sense (re: fitting into the line)... is memorable '66 episode moments reflected in the product.

Maybe I'm wrong about that, and you have younger fans who don't know the show as well, who are into this line more than I thought... because, I believe that would punch up the "familiar Batman tropes" numbers a bit.

Not a big fan of variants... but this is a more memorable variant from that show.... and I think that makes it a cool choice.

If they truly have scraped the barrel bottom as far as "remaining actor likenesses that they believe can sell"

I suppose experimenting w/variants is the icing on a finished cake here.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 21, 2009

I'd rather see a henchmen wave that has one of each from the gangs of Catwoman, Joker, Penguin, Freeze, Riddler.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 9, 2013

I tried to find some details about this liscense and didn't find anything that really answered my question. Can they make a Commissioner Gordon without using Neil Hamilton's likeness? Toy companies have made characters that they don't have the likeness rights for from the actor before in other lines. They just vaguely capture the characters likeness. It doesn't seem right to not have Gordon in this line. If anyone has any more information in regards to this matter and can share I'd appreciated it.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by greensavage2000
                    I tried to find some details about this liscense and didn't find anything that really answered my question. Can they make a Commissioner Gordon without using Neil Hamilton's likeness? Toy companies have made characters that they don't have the likeness rights for from the actor before in other lines. They just vaguely capture the characters likeness. It doesn't seem right to not have Gordon in this line. If anyone has any more information in regards to this matter and can share I'd appreciated it.
                    They made a comic style Gordon, they just can't use Hamilton for the TV line along with several villains and Aunt Harriet.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Darn! I was really looking forward to an Aunt Harriet!

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 16, 2014

This is great news!
                        If these henchmen packs are done right it will push this toy line over the top.
                        sigpic

Comment

• darkbros
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
                          I'd rather see a henchmen wave that has one of each from the gangs of Catwoman, Joker, Penguin, Freeze, Riddler.
                          Excelsior Toys Variant pack maybe?
                          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by greensavage2000
                            There's likely license restrictions on that sort of thing, otherwise we'd likely be getting False Face (he's the easiest to fudge of anyone). The henchmen were generic enough that, if they aren't naming them specifically, they can get away with using any head; it would just be the costume, not the character, they'd need rights to. They could likely make a GCPD officer, as well, but doing a named character like Gordon would likely require the rights to the actor under the '66 license. They outright couldn't do Batgirl until Craig signed the paper, even though the masked version could have been easily fudgable. Unless we could see the actual licensing agreement, it's mostly just guesswork what can and can't be done, but we do have a few clues in what they couldn't do previously.

Anyway, glad to see Catwomen finally coming (still wondering if Merriwether is a possible exclusive somewhere), and Alfred in the Batsuit with the skinny body is a solid variant; the other Alfred re-use, not so much, not so memorable. Really thinking a surfer Dick Grayson to complete the beach set. I am interested in seeing what the henchmen look like; they have been much requested since the line started, so it's nice to see FTC listening on that count.
                            Last edited by scott metzger; Feb 15, '17, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by rlkrefft
                              On Twitter today FTC shared a link wave 6 will be;

Catwoman (Julie)
                              FINALLY! That's the one I've been waiting for!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• megomania
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by darkbros
                                Excelsior Toys Variant pack maybe?
                                I thought they quit using third-party dudes to sell their stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎