X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
    Thanks! Good eye on the gun, it is the same as the G.I. Joe flare gun, only unpainted. It is the gun he is supposed to come with (Ledy made GI Joes in Mexico too, so they "borrowed" the mold), but too bad he has no way of holding it!
    You can pose Luke and Vader with their baseball bats resting on their arms in a quasi-Frankensteinish way, but you gotta use putty if you want Han to blast ol' Greedo. No holster either. South of the border Han is old skool; tuck it in the belt.

Chris - Does the flare for the Aventurero de Accion have a HK stamp on it as well?

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Han's gun has no such stamp, and I'm guessing that the Ledy Joe's gun was the same, considering that all these things had to be made in Mexico at the time according to law. Ledy probably just altered the molds they got from Hasbro I'm guessing.

It always makes me smile to see packaged Ledy Lukes with his lightsaber "safely" tucked in his belt. Yeah, that would work. (oh well, I guess it isn't much more ridiculous than the Kenner Luke having an activated saber hanging from his belt!). I'll keep away from the putty and just have Han's gun tucked in his belt. Hey, speaking of Greedo, could you imagine if Ledy kept the line going and made a 12" Greedo? The mind boggles how that would turn out, but I'll bet it would have looked awesome.
      Last edited by cjefferys; Oct 18, '09, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
        Han's gun has no such stamp, and I'm guessing that the Ledy Joe's gun was the same, considering that all these things had to be made in Mexico at the time according to law. Ledy probably just altered the molds they got from Hasbro I'm guessing.

It always makes me smile to see packaged Ledy Lukes with his lightsaber "safely" tucked in his belt. Yeah, that would work. (oh well, I guess it isn't much more ridiculous than the Kenner Luke having an activated saber hanging from his belt!). I'll keep away from the putty and just have Han's gun tucked in his belt. Hey, speaking of Greedo, could you imagine if Ledy kept the line going and made a 12" Greedo? The mind boggles how that would turn out, but I'll bet it would have looked awesome.
        I was figuring the marks on the flare would just be sanded out. Sort of like the Cipsa ape bodies.

As for a LL Greedo. That would have been great, but the truly awesome visual is what the pre-production photo on the box would have looked like. The Tuskin Raider pic is horrifying. Looks like a potato with some stained glass jabbed into it. - awesome -
        Last edited by rche; Oct 19, '09, 1:33 AM.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Lili Ledy Tuskin Raider mockup on Star Wars box art:

pre production figures are often a little off from the originals, but the LL Raider looks nothing like this monster. I kinda wish he did.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Crap, that's awesome. That's from the back of the Jawa box, right? I think he's the only one that has a real second series box, because the Tusken Raider box was just a Luke box with a Tusken Raider sticker on the front covering the Luke info.

That's weird that they used a pic like that for the box. The Ledy catalogue that has a photo of all seven figures used a Tusken Raider figure that looked like the final production one.

Comment

• mightyquinn
              Proud to be a Nerd
              • Aug 4, 2009

That vader is cool has hell, so is the Krusher!
              Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 10, 2006

Got my first vintage GI-JOE Adventure Team figure today, Not the rarest of Joes but the only repo part is the sticker and paperwork the rest is all vintage even the box, Can't get the photo to upload keep getting invalid so click the camarea

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by spockfan74
                  Got my first vintage GI-JOE Adventure Team figure today, Not the rarest of Joes but the only repo part is the sticker and paperwork the rest is all vintage even the box, Can't get the photo to upload keep getting invalid so click the camarea
                  cool, that's a really fun collection
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 10, 2006

Originally posted by toys2cool
                    cool, that's a really fun collection
                    Thanks i've been holding off collecting them do to the high price but i got hold of a few from Wal-Mart and it got me hooked now next on my list is a Mike Power, The hunt has began

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by spockfan74
                      Thanks i've been holding off collecting them do to the high price but i got hold of a few from Wal-Mart and it got me hooked now next on my list is a Mike Power, The hunt has began
                      Mike Powers you can find super cheap, but when you start getting into the SOTW line and the early painted head ones, you'll see what wasting money really is but they're awesome
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 10, 2006

Originally posted by toys2cool
                        Mike Powers you can find super cheap, but when you start getting into the SOTW line and the early painted head ones, you'll see what wasting money really is but they're awesome
                        I'll proably stick with the AT Joes as they are the ones i had as a kid and from what i see the big ticket figures are Talking Astronaut/ AA talking comander/Bulletman, I've seen a few SOTW figures and they are cool but i'd proably get the cheaper Action Man 40th ann versions

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

Found a fairly decent Mike Hazzard figure (sans his spygear)at a local garage sale today...made my day! I may have driven the old guy running the sale a little batty asking if he had more Marx stuff somewhere?
                          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I got this baby months ago, but I just keep forgetting to post pics. My wife and I both love the Super Jrs merchandise from the late 70s/early 80s. Our son's nursery was decorated with Super Jr wallpaper, curtains, etc. we found on ebay.

The always awesome ScottA pointed me in the direction of an ebay auction for this baby. Although I lost the auction, our pal Rudi contacted me to say he had another he was about to list, and so here you go!

I really like the packaging on this. The thin borders and circular vignettes appeal to the Mego fan in me. Since Baravelli is involved, it makes it all the more fitting!

The figure itself is just a perfect representation of the Batman Jr design.

The back is really cool, but puzzling. I'm not sure what figures they made in this line besides Superman and Batman. I passed on Supes, because they used the same arms as Batman and gave Supes white gloves(!?!). I THINK I remember seeing a Flash go over my budget years and years ago on ebay, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any more info on these?

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• vulcan2074
                              Live Long and Prosper
                              • Mar 23, 2008

Chris
                              Congrats on your Wonderful score. I really like this line alot
                              Sammy

Comment

• starsky
                                veteran member
                                • Aug 26, 2007

wow what a cool line. never even knew it existed!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎